The 3rd Party Thread

Comments

• @Idi0ticGenius

You must be one of those TMD that sells hack tools on MT servee right?

That kind of example do not fits at all in the game.

Players are bound for rules from EME and when many of them cheat non-stop it is obvious the honest people that never used then will get mad.

Rules are meant to be followed, if you break the law then face the consecuence.

#Bantothecheaters

#Bantothehackdevs

#Bantothosewhousetheirhacks
  • gibgib ✭✭✭
    MW54WC5MC9 wrote: »
    @Idi0ticGenius

You must be one of those TMD that sells hack tools on MT servee right?

That kind of example do not fits at all in the game.

Players are bound for rules from EME and when many of them cheat non-stop it is obvious the honest people that never used then will get mad.

Rules are meant to be followed, if you break the law then face the consecuence.

#Bantothecheaters

#Bantothehackdevs

#Bantothosewhousetheirhacks

if that example doesnt work for whatever fictional reason your brain came up with, allow me to enlighten you:

let's say you live in chigaco. right next to where the servers are located. you have 5ms ping. you can play the game as it was meant to be played. all find and dandy, right? sure.

now let's take someone who lives in let's say california. still in the united states, just farther away. you have 200ms ping. you can't play the game as well as the person with 5ms ping.

is it fair that the person in chicago has a better game experience than you just because they have better ping? no, it's not.

what the injector does is meant to do is simulate the person in chicago; removes the need for ping dependency so you can play the game as it was meant to be played

there wouldn't be a need to use the third party software if eme would fulfill their empty promises and fix these skills.

make more sense?
  • I only keep playing because i can use a program to simulate my skills to low ping i play with 250ms if u think ppl playing better than u who have 10ms from USA are destroying the game...
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Ban for those using 3rd party software! Doesnt matter if they use injectors or dps meters.

#Banhammerforthosecheaters."

I wonder if that's really cheating, and I don't think you understand the entire situation. Let me clarify it with a story... Think of it this way:

Let's say I was born crippled so I cannot use my legs; however, I want to travel to places. So I write letters to government, hospitals, etc, for answers on what I could do, and this goes on and on for years for no reply.

Then an inventor comes up with an idea of wheelchair, crutches, different methods of transportation, whether it was given out for no cost or sold, so that I can use them for my own travel-- not as close to like a normal people, but enough that I can experience it in simulated manner. As this went on, it was accepted, even by the government, and even more diverse tools were invented.

But then suddenly, someone abused this and executed a terror attacks by pretending to be one of the crippled people using the tools, and government suddenly banned the uses of these harmless, innocent tools, then hunted down those inventors and executed them.

Now, crippled people are thrown back in their homes, only to dream about traveling while they give a blank stare at a distance.

Who is at wrong here?
    Is it me, who is crippled?
    Is it the inventors, who only hoped better quality of life for the crippled?
    Is it the government, who took the action to ban and remove these inventions?

Or is it the terrorist, who abused it?

Is it really fair that, these inventors should be punished for the cause of terrorist attacks that did not relate to their original intention for the creation?

Is it really not the hospital, government, or other institution's fault that they had no response, not even a clear explanation of why it cannot be done so?

So does this mean the crippled must stay crippled forever?

Is this "fair" ?

This is exactly what's going on right now.

and to anyone who reads this, if you are asking whose side I am on, I am taking neutral stance. I do understand one of the devs did go too far, and I accept that it is punishable, but for EME to blindly ban, lie and not reach out to community in an effective way, is what made me upset. I have explained this in other thread.

A more appropriate real world example would be juicing to get a competitive edge, which is not even allowed in most cases (illegal) and looked down upon as well. Having higher ping is not something a person can control other than moving closer, no different than you can't control the physical limitations of your body. In either situation you shouldn't use enhancements. Also, the logic being used to justify the "harmless" side of the program can be used to justify flat out cheating in other games. As humans age they get slow and essentially adds ping to your actions (This is why the majority of pro players are younger). This means if you're in your late 20s and above you should be allowed to script because it's not fair anyone younger is faster by design.
  • TianaTiana ✭✭✭
    Hello Spacecats.

I have two main questions, which I hope to type out correct enough for you to respond.
    Programs that help on ping.
    • Before a certain program (old computer back in years prior) I was getting 500-800 average. This was just standing around in smaller cities like Tralion, Popolion, Castanica, Dragonfall... Dungeons would put me over the 1k mark. Programs made the game actually tolerable to where I wasn't kicked from dungeons for not having enough DPS or 'lagging'. I could barely run CS without being so far behind because it took forever for my attacks to load.

Why are such bad when it actually improves playing? There isn't an advantage to be able to play as everyone else does. The only benefit is to, literally, play as an equal player with a decent amount of ping.
      (It is ping.. I hope I didn't get this confused.)

GPK/SU1/FX files/mods.
    • I understand where one wouldn't like these due to 'losing money', but where in the game does this negatively affect other people? As a company, you're not able to expand and broaden what players want. There aren't options that such mods do. Even with SU1 mods, it helps make the game run smoothly. None of such aids in battle, or teleports you across the fields and gates, etc. It's cosmetic.
    • Why won't the company work with modders to expand the possibilities to make the game better? I understand this may be beyond you, but why so much negative focus on a harmless act? There is so much else EME could do to improve this game, especially with the lack of options (especially males) we have for costumes, mounts, options (such as removing the CCB effect), and more. How do you feel with how open Treeshark was about it? Do you really feel it should be a heavily punishable offense, when in the past EME preferred people to, simply, not speak about it openly?

I'm sorry if this isn't something you're comfortable with answering. There are many TERA communities outside of this website, and I know there's a lot of hesitation after the 'threat' (This is how we all felt the announcement as) to even log in. I'm hoping to be able to get answers, even if I don't agree. Anything is better than nothing, and I truly respect you for being able to make this thread and be willing to answer those.

-Honey.
  • TeajTeaj ✭✭
    "Ban for those using 3rd party software! Doesnt matter if they use injectors or dps meters.

I wonder if that's really cheating, and I don't think you understand the entire situation. Let me clarify it with a story... Think of it this way:

Let's say I was born crippled so I cannot use my legs; however, I want to travel to places. So I write letters to government, hospitals, etc, for answers on what I could do, and this goes on and on for years for no reply.

Then an inventor comes up with an idea of wheelchair, crutches, different methods of transportation, whether it was given out for no cost or sold, so that I can use them for my own travel-- not as close to like a normal people, but enough that I can experience it in simulated manner. As this went on, it was accepted, even by the government, and even more diverse tools were invented.

But then suddenly, someone abused this and executed a terror attacks by pretending to be one of the crippled people using the tools, and government suddenly banned the uses of these harmless, innocent tools, then hunted down those inventors and executed them.

Now, crippled people are thrown back in their homes, only to dream about traveling while they give a blank stare at a distance.

Who is at wrong here?

Is it really fair that, these inventors should be punished for the cause of terrorist attacks that did not relate to their original intention for the creation?

Is it really not the hospital, government, or other institution's fault that they had no response, not even a clear explanation of why it cannot be done so?

Is this "fair" ?

and to anyone who reads this, if you are asking whose side I am on, I am taking neutral stance. I do understand one of the devs did go too far, and I accept that it is punishable, but for EME to blindly ban, lie and not reach out to community in an effective way, is what made me upset. I have explained this in other thread.

Pls President.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf315 wrote: »
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    A more appropriate real world example would be juicing to get a competitive edge, which is not even allowed in most cases (illegal) and looked down upon as well. Having higher ping is not something a person can control other than moving closer, no different than you can't control the physical limitations of your body. In either situation you shouldn't use enhancements. Also, the logic being used to justify the "harmless" side of the program can be used to justify flat out cheating in other games. As humans age they get slow and essentially adds ping to your actions (This is why the majority of pro players are younger). This means if you're in your late 20s and above you should be allowed to script because it's not fair anyone younger is faster by design.

This is one of the most stupid things I've read all day. Please refrain from posting
    What a well thought out argument. Please refrain from cheating.
  • Yamazuki wrote: »

Weren't you one of the people in the Player Council? Good to know you guys are accusing randoms of cheating lmao.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    MarcMerril wrote: »
    Yamazuki wrote: »

Weren't you one of the people in the Player Council? Good to know you guys are accusing randoms of cheating lmao.
    I didn't accuse anyone of anything, I said refrain, similar to resist the temptation to do something, not to stop something you're doing.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    people are expecting spacecats or any other eme staff member to comment if this will be ok or that, and want official statements in detail. the thing is spacecats gave their LEGAL official statement. like I said in a different post, let them straighten out everything, and let it cool down, then let them look into things on their end that can be legally done to help the game. if you actually take time and really read what he said, and look at what he meant, you will understand and most of these posts wouldn't even be here. he said they are only banning a handful of players so far......you know which ones, and which programs were used and how they were used, but we are not banning hundreds of players......hmmm.
    sometimes you have to learn how to read between the lines. sometimes you have to understand that people working for a company lets say coca cola, cant legally or officially tell you that their drink is harmful ( due to lawsuits ), but they maybe can tell you to drink in moderation.
    the u.s. military used to have the don't ask don't tell policy. it made many people's lives much easier, those that could read between the lines and understand what they were legally trying to tell you.

• allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't use any of the 3rd party programs nor any of the optimizing fixes. I know the tos pertaining to those and didn't do it. I would rather lag at times than to be banned. even if I get mad and quit for a few weeks, im still able to come back and not be banned from ever returning.
    Couldn't have gave a more accurate analogy, Yamazuki. I express my opinion a little bit earlier in the thread with @Yithar . I feel bad that you have people such as @Wolf315 attacking you rather responding to your well thought-out argument (I also remember you from VM1 on Rainicorns stream was it?) It's sad even with your analogy that people don't understand that using third-party programs in a game that specifically tells you that it will lead to a ban are surprised that they will get banned(most if not all online games.) I'd like to quote my conversation with @Yithar again so people may read over it.
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    This discussion is among the worst I've ever seen and its content vague and unclear. I'm not sure whether this discussion is able to explain or solve the problem because there is still no meeting or discussion directly between EME, BHS, third-party developers and players. From what I see, most people here don't even know anything about what was happening and suddenly want to point fingers against certain individuals and saying "I don't have such problem, it's your fault living away from server, owns potato computer and using dial-up internet.". You all know it's not just about third-party developers, but more than that. What I mean is the accumulated problems since the Beta.

8EHXRXi.jpg

Edit 1: Typo and grammar.
  • CjarCjar ✭✭
    Admittedly, I don't post on the forums much, and I have not read every post in this thread but I feel the need to throw in my .02 cents.

As a player, I agree cheaters and hackers should be removed from the game. However, not being able to use a DPS meter really takes away from the game. I feel like I don't really have anything to strive for if I can't see what I'm doing. Yeah, there is always going to be elitists who are rude to other players, but honestly they are going to do that with or without meters. Maybe this is ignorant of me to say, but I feel pretty confident that a large portion of the Tera community uses DPS meters, and they use them in a way that is not harmful to other players. Most just want to use it to better themselves.

I understand that they aren't allowed, but I hope that something can be done. Even a personal DPS meter would be fine; as most only care about their own damage output.

Who is at wrong here?

Is this "fair" ?

Your comment is really silly and poorly thought through, Idi0ticGenius's analogy is pretty much perfect, yours makes no sense at all.