[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] The Awakening update (v84) is now live on all console servers! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v84notes
[TERA PC] Server maintenance is scheduled for 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. PT on Tuesday, July 7. For details, please visit this thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

The 3rd Party Thread

Comments

• edited May 2017
    @thirdpartysoftware

skill prediction definitely has an effect on pvp
    https://streamable.com/galky
  • W7GNYAP55AW7GNYAP55A ✭✭✭
    Can't believe the same folks who run those injectors are still here trying to defend their hacking advantages in the game.

Ping-less. That itself is enough to give EME the ban hammer.
    Anyone who lives right next to the door of the server doesn't even get 0 ping, fast action, and the lowest is probably 30 ping. The difference between 0 ping and 30 ping is massive. And to say, "It puts those injectors on even grounds with other players," is total BS.

It doesn't put you on even ground, it puts you ABOVE them, advantages, abusive in Civil Unrest, in Corsair, in FWC, in all the battlegrounds. It puts you in favor in dungeons PvE because you literally have 0 ping action.

This was the same case that was argued for Starcraft Broodwar latency hack. Guess what? Blizzard BANNED, anyone caught using any lan hack was banned for eSport scene, from the game, from their account. Because it gives the player a HUGE boost in terms of mechanics. Everyone plays on different ping, some good ping, some bad. That DOESN'T give those injectors the right to use a 0 pingless hack to have advantages over everyone else. They literally force or want to push other players to also use the injector because they get tired of those injector users ruining BG with "PENTA KILL, PENTA KILL, PENTA KILL," and abusing the hack to go through the front gate. Desyncing every where, and getting pentakills while being unable to get hit.

Unacceptable, period.
  • W7GNYAP55AW7GNYAP55A ✭✭✭
    Shikine wrote: »
    Volturi wrote: »
    > @W7GNYAP55A said:
    > Players are still running their injectors to run battleground. You can tell it's them because they desync, skill cooldown is nonexistent, just constant spamming of skills into the sky. "Penta kill, penta kill," all over the map.
    >
    > Even though EME is banning, I feel as if they're not banning the majority of those hackers at all. They still exist and still ruining battleground. I suspect them to show up more in numbers during pour hour events this weekend.

The desync is probably the really good server quality we are having. I bet you desync a lot too...

And the Pentas... maybe people are better at pvp then you? :srhugs:

High ping players desynch all the time because how the client synchronizes locations with the server is kinda bad.
    With mystic and any class if you don't use walking you can teleport around just by using skills.
    penta kill is normal during ph if someone knowledgable in pvp with correct crystals just butcher the pve casuals who only que during ph :)

Buddy, I'm sorry to inform you, but the reality of some one lagging due to bad servers and somehow getting pentakills all over the map isn't how it works.

You don't desync/lag and all of a sudden get pentakills because you facerolled your keyboard.
    Desyncing, becoming invulnerable, and spamming skills in Battleground with "PENTA KILLS," every 5 seconds is a big sign they're running the injector.
  • W7GNYAP55A wrote: »
    Can't believe the same folks who run those injectors are still here trying to defend their hacking advantages in the game.

Anyone who lives right next to the door of the server doesn't even get 0 ping, fast action, and the lowest is probably 30 ping. The difference between 0 ping and 30 ping is massive. And to say, "It puts those injectors on even grounds with other players," is total BS.

It doesn't put you on even ground, it puts you ABOVE them, advantages, abusive in Civil Unrest, in Corsair, in FWC, in all the battlegrounds. It puts you in favor in dungeons PvE because you literally have 0 ping action.

This was the same case that was argued for Starcraft Broodwar latency hack. Guess what? Blizzard BANNED, anyone caught using any lan hack was banned for eSport scene, from the game, from their account. Because it gives the player a HUGE boost in terms of mechanics. Everyone plays on different ping, some good ping, some bad. That DOESN'T give those injectors the right to use a 0 pingless hack to have advantages over everyone else. They literally force or want to push other players to also use the injector because they get tired of those injector users ruining BG with "PENTA KILL, PENTA KILL, PENTA KILL," and abusing the hack to go through the front gate. Desyncing every where, and getting pentakills while being unable to get hit.

Unacceptable, period.

please dont type nonsense if you have never used 1 before
    nothing can compensate a computer that is far away from the server.
  • W7GNYAP55A wrote: »
    > @W7GNYAP55A said:
    > Players are still running their injectors to run battleground. You can tell it's them because they desync, skill cooldown is nonexistent, just constant spamming of skills into the sky. "Penta kill, penta kill," all over the map.
    >
    > Even though EME is banning, I feel as if they're not banning the majority of those hackers at all. They still exist and still ruining battleground. I suspect them to show up more in numbers during pour hour events this weekend.

The desync is probably the really good server quality we are having. I bet you desync a lot too...

High ping players desynch all the time because how the client synchronizes locations with the server is kinda bad.
    With mystic and any class if you don't use walking you can teleport around just by using skills.
    penta kill is normal during ph if someone knowledgable in pvp with correct crystals just butcher the pve casuals who only que during ph :)

Buddy, I'm sorry to inform you, but the reality of some one lagging due to bad servers and somehow getting pentakills all over the map isn't how it works.

You don't desync/lag and all of a sudden get pentakills because you facerolled your keyboard.
    Desyncing, becoming invulnerable, and spamming skills in Battleground with "PENTA KILLS," every 5 seconds is a big sign they're running the injector.

Believe it or not, the program is not capable of doing what you're claiming it to do.
  • edited May 2017
    9LWPWJK9D9 wrote: »
    W7GNYAP55A wrote: »

Unacceptable, period.

Living right next door to servers with 30 ping? Are you high? I have friends a couple states away that get constant 10 ping, but okay xD
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    > @W7GNYAP55A said:
    >

I can get pentakills while lagging without any injector, should I be banned?

On a serious note I don't want to defend the injectors who abuse the system, but here we see the big problem with 3rd party apps, with bugs they can cause huge problems to the game. That is why EME decided for the safer route of just outright banning.
  • Just bringing this up, we didn't get anything " official " from EME yet, or did we?
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    aeee98 wrote: »
    > @W7GNYAP55A said:
    >

I can get pentakills while lagging without any injector, should I be banned?

On a serious note I don't want to defend the injectors who abuse the system, but here we see the big problem with 3rd party apps, with bugs they can cause huge problems to the game. That is why EME decided for the safer route of just outright banning.

the gr8 part is is eme hasn't done [filtered] all but ban some devs
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirRadovan wrote: »
    Just bringing this up, we didn't get anything " official " from EME yet, or did we?

Yes, we had.

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/13823/cheating-and-third-party-tools-in-tera-you-wont-believe-what-happens-next#latest
  • Daight90 wrote: »
    @Spacecats

I don't know if this post will be deleted or not, and I'll try to keep it as 'vague' as possible so people who don't know, can't search for it.
    I am by no means experts in that program, I am just saying what I have learned, and I won't explain in depth either, just simplifying it.
    This will be a SUPER long post.

There is a reason why some people created that 'thou-shalt-not-named' program, TERA, being a 'real time combat' orientated game, is ping dependent, and as 'damage average calculator' becomes increasingly popular, some of the player's enjoyment focus would change from clearing instances, to comparing their 'scores'.

And as TERA gets more competitive in endgame, high ping players suffers in name calling because of ping tax.
    Some people would call them bad, some would even label them as trash, shunning them, avoiding them, or even blocking them.
    Now, some might argue that 'lol what era is this now? people still saying ping matters? git gud scrub'

Here is an example of how Tera combat system works,
    Single Cast Skill (Example: Slayer's Measured Slice):
    Press button for Measured Slice > Delay > Character uses Measured Slice

Using Single Cast Skills back-to-back(Example: Eviscerate to Measured Slice):
    Press button for Eviscerate > Delay > Character uses Eviscerate > Press button for Measured Slice > Delay > Character uses Measured Slice

Using Channeling Skills (Example: Burst Fire, Burning Heart)
    Hold down button for Burst Fire > Delay > Burst Fire first cast > Delay > Burst Fire second cast > Delay > Burst Fire third cast > Delay > Burst Fire fourth cast > you get the story.

Even charging skills like Thunder Strike and Radiant Arrow suffers from ping tax during every charge.

High Ping Players don't just suffer from skill delays, they suffer from hit delay too,
    If there are and fast attacks, depending on your ping, you might even get hit the moment bosses starts to do attack animation.

I will use SKY CRUISER ENDEAVOR's Putrion as Example:
    Boss' starts to prepare stun > Boss starts to fly up > AOE appears > Stunned

But since the animation is 1 second or lesser,
    This is what high ping players gets
    Boss' starts to prepare stun > Boss starts to fly up > Stunned

There are many other examples but i'll just list Putrion's.

And with that 'thou-shalt-not-named' program, high ping players can somewhat negates the delays for skills.

This is how that 'thou-shalt-not-named' program works:

Press button for Eviscerate > Delay > Character uses Eviscerate > Press button for Measured Slice > Character uses Measured Slice

Hold down button for Burst Fire > Delay > Burst Fire first cast > Burst Fire second cast > Burst Fire third cast > Burst Fire fourth cast > you get the story.

And yes, that 'thou-shalt-not-named' program removes the subsequent delay for skill chaining, making your skills 'hit as fast as 0 ping'

And some people might then think, 'Hey 0 ping, that's unfair, even the people living in Chicago gets like 8 ping to 18 ping, not 0!'
    Well, 100 ping delay = 0.1 second delay, so a 10 ping difference compared to a 0 ping is 0.01 second.
    The advantages of that program gives to people who lives in Chicago is that much.

Now, there are 3 well known Devs who are related to that 'thou-shalt-not-named' program, and all three of them got banned,
    Dev B, Dev M, and Dev P.

Dev M created that program, but he did not share it with anybody outside of his friend circle,and kept it a secret, hence for many years, only did he get 'found out' recently.

Dev B created that program, and sold it for gold(not going to mention how much), but he did not spread it to many people too.

Dev P created that program, and shared it to almost anybody for free.

Some of you who thinks it is unfair, is it really unfair if Dev P openly shares it so anybody can get it?

I believe EME knows about it at this point in time, and since they do know it helps players who have high ping to play on equal with people who lives in/near Chicago, they allow it silently, which makes this a 'Grey Zone'

Grey Zone is not black and white, it is '3rd party' but since it do no harm, it is allowed silently,
    'damage average calculator' is one famous/popular example of something which is in the Grey Zone.

And since that program is an open source program, other people who knows coding, could use it for exploit,
    the famous one is the one which is related to ruinous manor, where others can go pass the gate after first boss, and effectively skipping first boss.
    Effectively moving this program from grey zone into black zone.

And then there comes a problem, where this unknown person, used ANOTHER 'thou-shalt-not-named' program, which is not even related, or close to what Devs B, M, and P made, to exploit Tera Reward System.

And this effectively made EME start all these 'Witch Hunts'.

Some of you might feel that 'hey this is NA server, go back to whatever region you are from if you want to complain about all these unfairness',
    Let me tell you, not only does Europeans plays NA server, other regions like South East Asia plays NA servers too.
    And South East Asia is a region with many different languages, and different countries, the currently publishers who are in SEA regions are
    Taiwan, Japan, and Korea, which you HAVE to know Chinese, Japanese, or Koreans.
    If you don't know any of these three languages, you won't be able to play.

And now think,
    If everybody who is not living in NA, stops playing TERA as you wished, would you be able to see a 'lively server filled with people'?
    And since every non-NA people left, there will be lesser people playing, and the price for tradable items would increase, are you fine with that?
    And what about your in-game friends, are you sure all of your in-game friends, even close ones, are from NA?
    And let's face it, the world is about money, since every non-NA people left, EME would definitely lose a portion of their revenue, and if they can't make decent profit, what do you think they would do?
    If you are in their shoes, would you continue a business where you earn little money?

And from what I see from both sides, the only communication mentioned is 'random stranger whispering dev M, and dev M thought that random stranger is going to find evidence and report dev M for 3rd party program'

And I really do pity Spacecats for being the target of frustration and rage just because he is Community Manager, because of what EME did,
    for those who don't know, it takes more than one person to make a decision, and a superior to make hard decisions.

To EME, not just Spacecats:
    I know that '3rd party programs' are not allowed, and to EME, if you really want proof of benefits of high ping players using that 'thou-shalt-not-named' program, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would gladly take videos and show you the difference, I believe Dev B even has videos about it.

And could you give the Devs one more chance, and communicate with them? I feel that, banning them just because of a 'failed communication' seems really unfair to them, and ultimately, what they did really did benefit a lot of players, numbering in the thousands.(there are proof of this as well)
    And if you want their direct contact, I'm pretty sure there will be a few who would instantly tell you about it, heck, if you send me a whisper, I would even tell you about their contact in a Messenger Chat Application.

Ok now, Check box time,
    • No memes or videos. Use your own words to discuss the topic and try not to derail things. - Checked, no memes, no videos.
    • Don't link to any 3rd party programs. - Checked, no linking to any 3rd party programs.
    • Don't name any specific 3rd party programs. - Checked, did not name any programs at all.
    • Don't attempt to interpret the Terms of Service for others. - Checked, did not talk about ToS.
    • No witch hunting or calling out individuals. - Checked - No witch hunting, no name calling either, there's no names mentioned either, except for mentioning spacecats.

I hope this clarifies on how that program works, and why people uses it.

well said.
  • When are we going to have this thing resolved?

PvP was quite disapointing because hacks and now that we don't have credits to spend on BGs prizes people using hacks get their mats 5x or more times faster than someone who is playing fairly. I hope EME don't forget what they announced some weeks ago: "we’ve noticed a growing trend toward players openly hacking and exploiting (and even some players offering hacking apps as a service), and we’re here to make this absolutely clear: Cheaters, your days are numbered." - from Noesis.

If nothing is going to be done to stop or at least reduce the amount of people cheating the why we have to play fair in the first place. There are even hacks that allows other people to open admin tools on TERA and they are offered at some web-pages.

If nothing is going to be done then why to shake the community in the first place? Most of us thought that this would bring a solution at many things regarding cheaters and bullies that keep braggin the use of those tools in-game and even make fun of TERA CM and EME personal posting DPS meters and other kind info in global chat so people can see that EME is not really doing anything even against the obvious.

Should we better stop to give our support to a bu$$ine$$ that can't make a firm stance about this issue that they brought themselves?

We at least need to know if there is really action that has been taken not only vs devs but against their customers that abuse the use of those cheats every single day.
  • c0gc0g ✭✭
    Daight90 wrote: »
    @Spacecats

I don't know if this post will be deleted or not, and I'll try to keep it as 'vague' as possible so people who don't know, can't search for it.
    I am by no means experts in that program, I am just saying what I have learned, and I won't explain in depth either, just simplifying it.
    This will be a SUPER long post.

There is a reason why some people created that 'thou-shalt-not-named' program, TERA, being a 'real time combat' orientated game, is ping dependent, and as 'damage average calculator' becomes increasingly popular, some of the player's enjoyment focus would change from clearing instances, to comparing their 'scores'.

And as TERA gets more competitive in endgame, high ping players suffers in name calling because of ping tax.
    Some people would call them bad, some would even label them as trash, shunning them, avoiding them, or even blocking them.
    Now, some might argue that 'lol what era is this now? people still saying ping matters? git gud scrub'

Here is an example of how Tera combat system works,

Press button for Eviscerate > Delay > Character uses Eviscerate > Press button for Measured Slice > Delay > Character uses Measured Slice

Hold down button for Burst Fire > Delay > Burst Fire first cast > Delay > Burst Fire second cast > Delay > Burst Fire third cast > Delay > Burst Fire fourth cast > you get the story.

Even charging skills like Thunder Strike and Radiant Arrow suffers from ping tax during every charge.

High Ping Players don't just suffer from skill delays, they suffer from hit delay too,
    If there are and fast attacks, depending on your ping, you might even get hit the moment bosses starts to do attack animation.

I will use SKY CRUISER ENDEAVOR's Putrion as Example:
    Boss' starts to prepare stun > Boss starts to fly up > AOE appears > Stunned

But since the animation is 1 second or lesser,
    This is what high ping players gets
    Boss' starts to prepare stun > Boss starts to fly up > Stunned

There are many other examples but i'll just list Putrion's.

And with that 'thou-shalt-not-named' program, high ping players can somewhat negates the delays for skills.

This is how that 'thou-shalt-not-named' program works:

Press button for Eviscerate > Delay > Character uses Eviscerate > Press button for Measured Slice > Character uses Measured Slice

Hold down button for Burst Fire > Delay > Burst Fire first cast > Burst Fire second cast > Burst Fire third cast > Burst Fire fourth cast > you get the story.

And yes, that 'thou-shalt-not-named' program removes the subsequent delay for skill chaining, making your skills 'hit as fast as 0 ping'

And some people might then think, 'Hey 0 ping, that's unfair, even the people living in Chicago gets like 8 ping to 18 ping, not 0!'
    Well, 100 ping delay = 0.1 second delay, so a 10 ping difference compared to a 0 ping is 0.01 second.
    The advantages of that program gives to people who lives in Chicago is that much.

Now, there are 3 well known Devs who are related to that 'thou-shalt-not-named' program, and all three of them got banned,
    Dev B, Dev M, and Dev P.

Dev M created that program, but he did not share it with anybody outside of his friend circle,and kept it a secret, hence for many years, only did he get 'found out' recently.

Dev B created that program, and sold it for gold(not going to mention how much), but he did not spread it to many people too.

Dev P created that program, and shared it to almost anybody for free.

Some of you who thinks it is unfair, is it really unfair if Dev P openly shares it so anybody can get it?

I believe EME knows about it at this point in time, and since they do know it helps players who have high ping to play on equal with people who lives in/near Chicago, they allow it silently, which makes this a 'Grey Zone'

Grey Zone is not black and white, it is '3rd party' but since it do no harm, it is allowed silently,
    'damage average calculator' is one famous/popular example of something which is in the Grey Zone.

And since that program is an open source program, other people who knows coding, could use it for exploit,
    the famous one is the one which is related to ruinous manor, where others can go pass the gate after first boss, and effectively skipping first boss.
    Effectively moving this program from grey zone into black zone.

And then there comes a problem, where this unknown person, used ANOTHER 'thou-shalt-not-named' program, which is not even related, or close to what Devs B, M, and P made, to exploit Tera Reward System.

And this effectively made EME start all these 'Witch Hunts'.

Some of you might feel that 'hey this is NA server, go back to whatever region you are from if you want to complain about all these unfairness',
    Let me tell you, not only does Europeans plays NA server, other regions like South East Asia plays NA servers too.
    And South East Asia is a region with many different languages, and different countries, the currently publishers who are in SEA regions are
    Taiwan, Japan, and Korea, which you HAVE to know Chinese, Japanese, or Koreans.
    If you don't know any of these three languages, you won't be able to play.

And now think,
    If everybody who is not living in NA, stops playing TERA as you wished, would you be able to see a 'lively server filled with people'?
    And since every non-NA people left, there will be lesser people playing, and the price for tradable items would increase, are you fine with that?
    And what about your in-game friends, are you sure all of your in-game friends, even close ones, are from NA?
    And let's face it, the world is about money, since every non-NA people left, EME would definitely lose a portion of their revenue, and if they can't make decent profit, what do you think they would do?
    If you are in their shoes, would you continue a business where you earn little money?

And from what I see from both sides, the only communication mentioned is 'random stranger whispering dev M, and dev M thought that random stranger is going to find evidence and report dev M for 3rd party program'

And I really do pity Spacecats for being the target of frustration and rage just because he is Community Manager, because of what EME did,
    for those who don't know, it takes more than one person to make a decision, and a superior to make hard decisions.

To EME, not just Spacecats:
    I know that '3rd party programs' are not allowed, and to EME, if you really want proof of benefits of high ping players using that 'thou-shalt-not-named' program, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would gladly take videos and show you the difference, I believe Dev B even has videos about it.

And could you give the Devs one more chance, and communicate with them? I feel that, banning them just because of a 'failed communication' seems really unfair to them, and ultimately, what they did really did benefit a lot of players, numbering in the thousands.(there are proof of this as well)
    And if you want their direct contact, I'm pretty sure there will be a few who would instantly tell you about it, heck, if you send me a whisper, I would even tell you about their contact in a Messenger Chat Application.

Ok now, Check box time,
    • No memes or videos. Use your own words to discuss the topic and try not to derail things. - Checked, no memes, no videos.
    • Don't link to any 3rd party programs. - Checked, no linking to any 3rd party programs.
    • Don't name any specific 3rd party programs. - Checked, did not name any programs at all.
    • Don't attempt to interpret the Terms of Service for others. - Checked, did not talk about ToS.
    • No witch hunting or calling out individuals. - Checked - No witch hunting, no name calling either, there's no names mentioned either, except for mentioning spacecats.

I hope this clarifies on how that program works, and why people uses it.

well said.

yes well said
  • Injectors aside, 'Damage counter' programs themselves aren't hurting anyone. Some people like to set personal goals for themselves and want to see if they reached them or not. Honestly if BHS or even just EME got with the makers of the more popular of these programs they could likely work out a deal or something to make them more available and maybe just turn off the ability to post the results if they fear harassment. But 'Damage measuring' programs themselves do no harm and have lead to a lot of information and research into optimal rotations and other things. I just think it's a little silly to hate that which does no harm.

And yes I understand that there are people that use them to harass but that is far, far from the majority.
  • HAAXXXXXXXXXXXXX