[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Any word on if they'll reinstate lost titles?

I saw someone in-game today with Angel of Death title, I use to have that on some old characters I deleted and Death Eater also =(. I remember that they were removed years ago but never kept up on what actually happened to them so I looked around and this thread https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/7512/what-happened-to-my-titles/p2 is the closets thing I could find. @Spacecats I noticed you said you would look into their disappearance and other titles such as Death Eater but never got back to the thread. Any word on why they were removed, if they will be put back in or how players who had them can get them back?

Comments

• no, these titles are gone and removed, they are not coming back
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been years and nothing has been done after contacting support.
  • KillstyleKillstyle ✭✭✭
    Well, I don't understand why they would even remove Angel of Death or Death Eater titles to begin with. They were very cool and were given for dying which I am sure some people wouldn't want others to know how many times they died. I intentionally died on the Island of dawn back in 2012 just to get those names on my characters that were about level 5. One of the things I dislike most about Tera is the constant removal of content whether it's dungeons, questing areas, or titles.
  • honestly, I have no idea why they remove stuff like this.

did people with "Angel of Death" titles spend less on EMP or something?
    like they did a statistical analysis of EMP buying trends and found that the title turns people into freeloaders LMAO
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killstyle wrote: »
    Well, I don't understand why they would even remove Angel of Death or Death Eater titles to begin with. They were very cool and were given for dying which I am sure some people wouldn't want others to know how many times they died. I intentionally died on the Island of dawn back in 2012 just to get those names on my characters that were about level 5. One of the things I dislike most about Tera is the constant removal of content whether it's dungeons, questing areas, or titles.

I have to agree with you there, that's been my biggest complaint with tera is the removal of stuff...but then I was harshly reminded of the terms of service, where they can add or remove content at anytime and all. sometimes its real easy to forget that we don't own anything when it comes to tera, they allow us to use them even if we buy them.
  • KillstyleKillstyle ✭✭✭
    Killstyle wrote: »

I have to agree with you there, that's been my biggest complaint with tera is the removal of stuff...but then I was harshly reminded of the terms of service, where they can add or remove content at anytime and all. sometimes its real easy to forget that we don't own anything when it comes to tera, they allow us to use them even if we buy them.

True, but when I play a game I don't expect them to remove content that's not broken. The Nexus content, as much as I loved it, was not part of the new lore so I can understand removing that or if something makes the game laggy I can understand that also but titles that are fine and a different way of obtaining them from dying. Seriously? Even the old dungeons they removed. Why? Keep the old stuff and just add new dungeons. If they are going to increase the level range of a dungeon then I think they should communicate this to the community ahead of time and also give us a dungeon in exchange. Or just do the fixing before hand and introduce the new dungeon in a patch so it doesn't have to be removed at all. Of course, like you said, the terms of service means that we as players are just along for the ride. =( Thanks for you feedback @narkfestmojo and @allofspaceandtime
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Angel of Death was the best title.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    I used to have angel of death on a character named Angel, I was upset that some people still have it, but I lost my title, it matched my name perfectly.
  • neoakneoak ✭✭
    Man, still salty they took my Vanarchy titles away :(
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    neoak wrote: »

Nothing is sacred with Bluehole! Marathon and others titles you worked hard to get are removed without a second thought, costumes/mounts you earned are just re-skinned and placed on cash shop, and achievements get dum-downed!
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    neoak wrote: »

Nothing is sacred with Bluehole! Marathon and others titles you worked hard to get are removed without a second thought, costumes/mounts you earned are just re-skinned and placed on cash shop, and achievements get dum-downed!

it kinda make you not want to try as hard sometimes when they do that.