Auto accepting bids on broker

First thing - please do not bring anything 3rd party related to this topic or this will most likely get deleted or hidden in 30-pages thread.

There were some threads about this issue before but afaik there was no response. The way that trade broker works is that if I put an item on broker for 100 gold, even if someone offers me 100 gold (my exact price), I still have to negotiate the price and pass through the whole procedure.

It's not even pressing 'accept' button, I have to press 'negotiate', then wait for buyer to accept popup, then negotiations window appear and we have to wait till both of us accept. What is more, the whole negotiation process can't even stay there and is easily canceled by movement and combat stuff - you have to whisper buyer to manually start all over again. This often makes you afk during boss battles for good 15-20 secs (you need to find a safe place first too as you can't dodge later). If it's a few embers I don't mind, but if it's 50k design many of us are gonna even risk wiping the party and blame the lag. Also, you can't trade in BGs. This is probably implemented so ppl won't afk, but then we go afk anyways just to whisper sth like 'in CS atm, can accept in 5/10/15 mins'.

I think this is unacceptable. This 'feature' affects almost whole playerbase, is here for years but takes minutes to fix (like one line of code? to trigger negotiations only if offered price is different than posted?). I understand that most requests here have pros and cons and therefore EME may lack resources to properly review that particular suggestion before forwarding it - like FWC equalization, fed bills store etc. But this one has absolutely no cons, there is not a single player in Tera that would say 'I think this is more convenient to use negotiate regardless of offer'. So I have no idea why there is absolutely no response from EME about this thing.

Why I made such a 'tl;dr' thread over a minor thing? Because this is what drives community crazy - repeatedly making and seeing threads about same subjects every month. As I mentioned before I am talking about things that are an obvious QoL boosters at very little or no cost at all. What we expect is an answer like one of these:

'This is up to BHS, we forwarded this issue to them and they confirmed to fix it in upcoming updates'
'This is up to BHS, we forwarded this issue to them and they confirmed to look it up'
'This is up to BHS, we forwarded this issue to them but are yet to get a response. We will update this thread.'
'This is up to BHS, we forwarded this issue to them. We don't request a feedback from BHS for even minor issue but we assure you dev team is now aware'
'This is up to BHS but we can forward only a certain amount of requests and there are other urgent issues atm, we are aware and will try to address that when possible'
'This is something that seem to require further analysis, we will try to look it up once we handle the stuff that's currently on the table'

Responding like that, letting players know that their voice is respected and they have impact on your decisions, that we are part of the process, is what made EME considered a good publisher. I remember many times when there was a thread and in the middle of nowhere Treeshark appeared (like a superhero!) and just said 'here, I fixed it for y'all'. This is one of the reasons we loved him! Now the forums, instead of being a tool for communication between staff and players, seems more like a place to vent some steam from players so they won't bother staff. I don't like that, solely this is what made me drop Failforge games.

Comments

• EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an option that auto accepts on Trade Broker and its called "Buy now".
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    Ginjitsu wrote: »

Wow, 1st time hearing that option.
    Such a...
    tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

• EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deluso wrote: »

Wow, 1st time hearing that option.
    Such a...
    tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

You're welcome! :D
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭

Fo real I agree with much you say and it's usually productive.
    But this is just... why even. I'm not gonna pay the broker tax on some expensive item just because someone is on a BG, I'll wait it. OR offer someone else with the same price, who knows, maybe that other player sells me it. Or I'll have to wait.
    Why is it so bad that people get the extra option?

I think it's way too much babysitting to think that "players shouldn't get distracted during PVP", they already are. Global chat has to be closed/move to party tab, whispers still work, the negotiation still shows up to distract you anyway. It's up to the player get distracted or not. And yes you can many times just hit the accept during BGs.

Regarding the auto accepting 100% offers: I think inside BGs it should be automatic, but not on open world and such. After all, people AFK bot anywhere, it just opens up space for broker bots. Even tho this is quite a minimal worry, we definitely don't need more people crowding the servers while doing nothing, but at the same time as a buyer I would love to just press to negotiate and that player who's out taking a crap auto-accepts it so I don't need to wait.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    what if I don't want to sell an item for the price I list it at?
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    kamizuma wrote: »

that's some pretty big case of insanity, but to each their own eh?
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    ElinLove wrote: »

not really. There's many strategic reasons you wouldn't want to sell at the price you list at.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭

not really. There's many strategic reasons you wouldn't want to sell at the price you list at.

I'm curious frankly. I can't think of any except for "Heyya, pay me the demn broker tax bud"

Well, unless it's heavily downpriced and you don't wanna remove the listing. But that's really player's fault, and then there's the "buy now", or... other players selling at same price.

Now really, why would you deny a 100% offer?? I'm genuinely curious
  • XandervbXandervb ✭✭✭

Yes but it adds a 10-15% tax. It's pretty tiring for the buyer too to make multiple offers and wait for the response (or usually lack of response) after every offer.
    Now I think even in a thread about reducing lag, there may be ppl who are against it because seeing good players dying during spike make them more confident.

• nyaaaanyaaaa
    edited May 2017
    Now really, why would you deny a 100% offer?? I'm genuinely curious

Just a guess: suppose, you want to buy some eau. But you want them cheaper that they are currently on broker. You place one of yours (or a big pack, not sure) 9% cheaper than what is currently most are listed at. And don't sell it, if negotiated. Other buyers either have an option to pay the tax, or buy higher priced offers (which are still cheaper than your + tax). Other sellers, as they often do, will put their items at cheapest price, or cheaper. Price gets lower. You either buy newly placed items, or repeat the trick, lowering the price even further.
  • kamizuma wrote: »

It could be an option - accept, negotiate, decline
  • W7GNYAP55AW7GNYAP55A ✭✭✭

What's the strategy behind this? I'm curious now.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xandervb wrote: »

Yes but it adds a 10-15% tax. It's pretty tiring for the buyer too to make multiple offers and wait for the response (or usually lack of response) after every offer.
    Now I think even in a thread about reducing lag, there may be ppl who are against it because seeing good players dying during spike make them more confident.

Taxes doesn't really stop anyone from buying! Even expensive items...
    https://puu.sh/vxrUM/5da8df4cdd.png
    https://puu.sh/vxs0p/c77fc22660.png

As kamizuma mentioned, there's a strategy to selling and buying. The options are there, you just want the most laziest option because of BGs ¬.¬?
  • XandervbXandervb ✭✭✭
    As kamizuma mentioned, there's a strategy to selling and buying. The options are there, you just want the most laziest option because of BGs ¬.¬?

Because of BGs and dungeons, so well, like whole gameplay. I believe broker should be optimized for common buyers and sellers in the first place, not for a few lowbaiting speculants. You can always afk in negotiations in you want the bait to stay there, or was it fixed?
  • GaalrakGaalrak ✭✭
    I don't mind the system, promotes at least a bit of interacting between players, as well as giving me the option of refusing someone who wants to negotiate (Like someone I don't like or have heard bad things about).