[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

The boycott is a myth

13»

Comments

  • canikizucanikizu ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    End game players don't spend money often, but they do contribute into EME pocket all the time. In various discords that I'm a part of, there're always somebody doing server transfer every weeks for whatever reasons, and they spend real money for it. Not to mention, they simulate by providing fast gold for other players. Imagine a scenario where there are absolutely no rich endgame players buying EMP from other people, there will be no way for those players to make fast cash, as items will sit on broker for days without selling, so instead of spending $100 a week, they can only spend $100 every two or three weeks because their stuffs can't move. I know for a fact that some players who has dedicated EMP sellers, told their sellers to not purchase EMP for the time being as part of their protest.

    And it's silly to assume end game people don't contribute. I know at least 2 endgame players who do HH and everything that have 2 tier10 accounts and at least dozens have tier9 accounts, and trust me, they don't hardcore farm.
  • AEFH9EGJMAAEFH9EGJMA ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Some people here don't understand how the economy works. If endgame player buys elites with gold, they don't magically pop out of thin air. Someone else buys the elite and sells it to the endgame player. When a lot of endgame players want elite, it drives demand up, which drives prices up. When prices of EMP goes up, more people have incentive to buy EMP, which means more money for EME.

    If endgame players all disappear then nobody will want to buy EMP with gold, and EMP prices will crash to nothing. In that case nobody would purchase any EMP from EME with the intent of selling for gold, and EME loses money.

    I can't believe how stupid some of you people are.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz ✭✭✭
    I don't think the boycott is a myth. I do believe it is an ineffective approach that is contrary to advancing player relations with EME rather than conducive.
  • jongbaejongbae ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    AEFH9EGJMA wrote: »
    Some people here don't understand how the economy works. If endgame player buys elites with gold, they don't magically pop out of thin air. Someone else buys the elite and sells it to the endgame player. When a lot of endgame players want elite, it drives demand up, which drives prices up. When prices of EMP goes up, more people have incentive to buy EMP, which means more money for EME.

    If endgame players all disappear then nobody will want to buy EMP with gold, and EMP prices will crash to nothing. In that case nobody would purchase any EMP from EME with the intent of selling for gold, and EME loses money.

    I can't believe how stupid some of you people are.

    ^ amen

    Sadly they also think the boycot it's still for the 3rd party programs when in fact it's pretty much to fix the non existent communication in between the community and EME (No, making a post saying they would leave it up to discussion, when the community manager doesn't even reply properly with any knowledge of the game, doesn't count) You can't say they are trying when, if they ever reply, they reply closed to any discussion about the matter "No, no, no, the answer is no"
  • W7GNYAP55AW7GNYAP55A ✭✭✭
    canikizu wrote: »
    End game players don't spend money often, but they do contribute into EME pocket all the time. In various discords that I'm a part of, there're always somebody doing server transfer every weeks for whatever reasons, and they spend real money for it. Not to mention, they simulate by providing fast gold for other players. Imagine a scenario where there are absolutely no rich endgame players buying EMP from other people, there will be no way for those players to make fast cash, as items will sit on broker for days without selling, so instead of spending $100 a week, they can only spend $100 every two or three weeks because their stuffs can't move. I know for a fact that some players who has dedicated EMP sellers, told their sellers to not purchase EMP for the time being as part of their protest.

    And it's silly to assume end game people don't contribute. I know at least 2 endgame players who do HH and everything that have 2 tier10 accounts and at least dozens have tier9 accounts, and trust me, they don't hardcore farm.

    No.

    Marketers keep the cycle going.

    End-game players do none of this. They don't buy EMP from sellers. They only purchase what they "need." And sell the rest of their end-game items to make themselves more rich.

    Marketers are the ones who purchase from sellers, and cycle the broker.
    AEFH9EGJMA wrote: »
    Some people here don't understand how the economy works. If endgame player buys elites with gold, they don't magically pop out of thin air. Someone else buys the elite and sells it to the endgame player. When a lot of endgame players want elite, it drives demand up, which drives prices up. When prices of EMP goes up, more people have incentive to buy EMP, which means more money for EME.

    If endgame players all disappear then nobody will want to buy EMP with gold, and EMP prices will crash to nothing. In that case nobody would purchase any EMP from EME with the intent of selling for gold, and EME loses money.

    I can't believe how stupid some of you people are.

    End-game players don't make up 20% of the population of Tera buddy. They aren't the main source of why Elite Status gets purchased on broker. The only person here who doesn't understand economics is you.
  • jongbae wrote: »
    AEFH9EGJMA wrote: »
    Some people here don't understand how the economy works. If endgame player buys elites with gold, they don't magically pop out of thin air. Someone else buys the elite and sells it to the endgame player. When a lot of endgame players want elite, it drives demand up, which drives prices up. When prices of EMP goes up, more people have incentive to buy EMP, which means more money for EME.

    If endgame players all disappear then nobody will want to buy EMP with gold, and EMP prices will crash to nothing. In that case nobody would purchase any EMP from EME with the intent of selling for gold, and EME loses money.

    I can't believe how stupid some of you people are.

    ^ amen

    Sadly they also think the boycot it's still for the 3rd party programs when in fact it's pretty much to fix the non existent communication in between the community and EME (No, making a post saying they would leave it up to discussion, when the community manager doesn't even reply properly with any knowledge of the game, doesn't count) You can't say they are trying when, if they ever reply, they reply closed to any discussion about the matter "No, no, no, the answer is no"
    I think the issue is that all of these white knights aren't actually part of the community. They don't play the game and just come here to troll. Everyone who's updated about what's happening in the community already knows the issue had escalated due to lack of transparency on EME's side which is what triggered the boycott.
  • AEFH9EGJMAAEFH9EGJMA ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    W7GNYAP55A wrote: »
    End-game players don't make up 20% of the population of Tera buddy. They aren't the main source of why Elite Status gets purchased on broker. The only person here who doesn't understand economics is you.
    First you claim that players who buy EMP items with gold contribute no money to EME and now you're saying most elites purchased by gold is bought by casuals. Then you're indirectly admitting that casuals also contribute no money to EME.

    Kamizuma always tells stories about people selling him thousands of dollars of EMP at once. Dev B always talks on Discord about having more than 20 years worth of elite vouchers in his bank. A few big shot endgame rich players carry the entire economy by providing demand for EMP. Don't kid yourself with your self contradictory argument.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    AEFH9EGJMA wrote: »
    Some people here don't understand how the economy works. If endgame player buys elites with gold, they don't magically pop out of thin air. Someone else buys the elite and sells it to the endgame player. When a lot of endgame players want elite, it drives demand up, which drives prices up. When prices of EMP goes up, more people have incentive to buy EMP, which means more money for EME.

    If endgame players all disappear then nobody will want to buy EMP with gold, and EMP prices will crash to nothing. In that case nobody would purchase any EMP from EME with the intent of selling for gold, and EME loses money.

    I can't believe how stupid some of you people are.

    don't worry I'll keep buying emp :)
  • jongbaejongbae ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    W7GNYAP55A wrote: »
    End-game players do none of this. They don't buy EMP from sellers. They only purchase what they "need." And sell the rest of their end-game items to make themselves more rich.

    End-game players don't make up 20% of the population of Tera buddy. They aren't the main source of why Elite Status gets purchased on broker. The only person here who doesn't understand economics is you.

    LOL this literally shows you know anything. Please go home kid. I have seen rich people buying high quantities of EMP from people. Rich people buy the vouchers from broker too. They buy literally ay item they know they can make profit of, you really know anything about economics in game.
  • W7GNYAP55AW7GNYAP55A ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    AEFH9EGJMA wrote: »
    W7GNYAP55A wrote: »
    End-game players don't make up 20% of the population of Tera buddy. They aren't the main source of why Elite Status gets purchased on broker. The only person here who doesn't understand economics is you.
    First you claim that players who buy EMP items with gold contribute no money to EME and now you're saying most elites purchased by gold is bought by casuals. Then you're indirectly admitting that casuals also contribute no money to EME.

    Kamizuma always tells stories about people selling him thousands of dollars of EMP at once. Dev B always talks on Discord about having more than 20 years worth of elite vouchers in his bank. A few big shot endgame rich players carry the entire economy by providing demand for EMP. Don't kid yourself with your self contradictory argument.

    Clearly you have no idea what is being said or the conversation. Kamizuma isn't a end-game player who solely does dungeon, high tier dungeons clear, and run for gear. You should definitely go get your reading comprehension skills checked.

    And I've claimed no such thing as: Players who buy EMP items contribute nothing to EME.

    What I've said was END-GAME players contribute, if NOT ALL, nothing in comparison to those who actually purchase EMP. Most end-game players just play the game for free, and HARDLY, if EVER, purchase EMP with real money. You can argue, "they keep the economy" going by purchasing EMP. Arguable.

    Notice a trend going, more sellers on broker than EMP, less buyers. That's the contribution your "end-game player" is making, it's clearly evident on the market right now.
  • AEFH9EGJMAAEFH9EGJMA ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    W7GNYAP55A wrote: »
    Clearly you have no idea what is being said or the conversation. Kamizuma isn't a end-game player who solely does dungeon, high tier dungeons clear, and run for gear. You should definitely go get your reading comprehension skills checked.
    You should get your game knowledge checked, because most of the players I know in the 20m+ gold range are all active endgame players who run high end content. Kami might be the only exception.

    These are also the same players who provide the demand for the entire server's worth of EMP and are the sole reason EMP is stuck at 1:40 rather than 1:20.
This discussion has been closed.