Next maintenance is scheduled for Thursday, December 13 from 8 - 11 am PST (three hours).

During this maintenance we will deploy a BAF Masters hotfix.

What exactly can you do for us the community?

124»

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Spacecats wrote: »
    when you first became the Community Manager you made a lot of PvPers excited because you said you also wanted to experience the PvP of Tera and help its community. Sadly though the only PvP event I remember you doing was on CH server, a none PvP server :/ that's not exactly helping the already hurting PvP community.

I think about that a lot. There have been some small events on other servers but nothing like I originally wanted. I'm very much open to supporting player-organized PvP events. Please message me if you're interested in running something for your server!

I don't understand why you need to leave it to players to host events. Why can't EME hold pvp events like they did in the past? It's disappointing that player hosted events give prizes better than what EME can do.
  • WhaleWhaleWhaleWhale ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    First of all, thank you for all the insightful and fleshed out posts the Enmasse staff has posted in this thread. This is great transparency that helps gain better understanding and perspective.
    I'm very much open to supporting player-organized PvP events. Please message me if you're interested in running something for your server!

@Spacecats When you say you are open to supporting these events, how would you support them? Would you be willing to help promote these events on the front page of the official website? Would you be willing to participate as judges, planners, or even simply viewers/presence in them? Would you be willing to provide support with prizes (for example, non-tradeable cosmetic or mount, or non-tradeable token prizes)?

How should we contact you for support for these events (Forums, email, discord)? What kind of process are we looking at? How far ahead do we need to contact you (a week, a month)?

From your posts, I understand that the community team is much smaller than before. Does Enmasse have any plans to expand the community team, since a significant portion of the player population feels that communication or community interaction is inadequate? I do agree that having just one person to do everything might not be sufficient.

Sorry for the barrage of questions. I hope we can start a discussion on at least some of these questions.
  • meowmeowmoomeowmeowmoo ✭✭✭
    @Spacecats I do believe in the past people on mt / ff have asked for some kind of eme endorsement/prizes etc for their small tournies. I also do believe in the past when MT had a pvp tournament in 3s hosted by players there was lots of diffuculties streaming due to not everyone being able to stream gear etc no tourny server but there was not much help. It takes a lot of effort for us players to set up things i'm sure some people don't have the resources to always give out prizes. So how do you plan to help if we wanted to do a pvp event?
  • cvms3cvms3 ✭✭
    Was actually an interesting read although most of it is pretty intuitive if you have experience in the workforce. Thanks for the responses nonetheless, I actually didn't expect every staff mentioned to have time to reply. Seems like we have a lot of challenges ahead but nothing easy to accomplish that won't take a ton of resources.
  • KillstyleKillstyle ✭✭✭
    vtctma wrote: »
    when you first became the Community Manager you made a lot of PvPers excited because you said you also wanted to experience the PvP of Tera and help its community. Sadly though the only PvP event I remember you doing was on CH server, a none PvP server :/ that's not exactly helping the already hurting PvP community.

I think about that a lot. There have been some small events on other servers but nothing like I originally wanted. I'm very much open to supporting player-organized PvP events. Please message me if you're interested in running something for your server!

I don't understand why you need to leave it to players to host events. Why can't EME hold pvp events like they did in the past? It's disappointing that player hosted events give prizes better than what EME can do.

From their posts in this thread it sounds like they are understaffed and overworked like the rest of us. I know we, as players, feel like EME should be hosting ALL the events but we are a community which is made up of players and moderators (in game and in forum). It would be great if we can get both working together to improve Tera rather then one side expecting or preferring the other side to do it all. I for one will take any and all events from both players and EME because the more there is to do the better. If you got suggestions to help EME have better PvP events then that's a step in the right direction. Anything specific you'd like to see? They can only come up with stuff they think is fun but each player should, at the very least, give a suggestion of what they specifically would like to see. What you find fun others may not so if they could vary the events to cater to a broader audience then we get more players involved and less players feeling left out. Thanks for expressing your frustration in a civilized manner. Very much appreciated. =)
124»