The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Big Changes coming in NA TERA (next week's patch)

The next patch has a lot of big changes in it. Most of them are things that you are probably aware of from reading patch notes elsewhere, but I wanted to take a moment to outline some of the big changes that will affect the players.

Achievement Season
There will be a new achievement season starting with the new release, so get ready!

New Gear!
There will be new gear available with the release, along with new materials to craft them. Names and details for these new tiers will be coming out soon.

New Tokens
With the new release, the current *cede (Undercede, Intercede,Supercede) tokens will become Corroded, and be unredeemable. They will still have value in gold, but will not be used to open those shops any longer. There will be new tokens that drop for those shops. If you have been stockpiling those tokens, use them before Tuesday! The *cede tokens will STILL be around. This was my error from going too fast in writing things up. The tokens that are becoming Corroded are the following:
  • Undershade
  • Shadecore
  • Shadetop

Battleground changes
Starting with the new update, battlegrounds will no longer reward credits. There will instead be direct rewards as a result of participation in a battleground: A box containing various items if you win, or a box fragment if you lose that you can combine to form a reward box once you collect enough of them. The vendors will still be around for a while, so you will have time to spend your credits before the vendors depart. As part of this, we are reducing the vendor cost for some items on the various BG vendors as well.

Dungeon Reset Scrolls
The dungeon reset scroll problem we've had since October is going to be resolved. There will now be tiers of Reset Scrolls that will work for various levels of dungeons. The old reset scrolls will continue to work for the dungeons they are designed to work for, but there will be no new dungeons added to them, and they will no longer be made available in game.

The following dungeons are going to be leaving TERA on the 9th:
  • Harrowhold
  • Ruinous Manor (Hard)
  • Ruinous Manor
  • Broken Prison
  • Lilith's Keep (Hard)
  • Lilith's Keep
  • Shadow Sanguinary (Hard)
  • Shadow Sanguinary
  • Sky Cruiser Endeavor (Hard)
  • Vault of Kaprima

There will also be some dungeons returning, with difficulty and loot adjustments to bring them in line with the current endgame.
  • Timescape
  • Bathysmal Rise
  • The Abscess

Demokron Factory will stay put.

Comments

• NepgeahNepgeah ✭✭
    What the heck is "verno's laboratory", Demokron factory?
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Plz some reminds to check before patch:
    Update elite box with new reset scroll.
    Add tera rewards exp to the new dungeons vanguard quests

Will edit later with more itens
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    WHAT??? No Akeron's Inferno?? I thought that was coming back too!?!?!
  • Are some of the Honorbound going to get addressed with this new patch? (like Character Direction gamepad bug)
  • It's great that there is a new patch, but I really wish that we had an earlier notice about when the patch would be.
  • WhaleWhaleWhaleWhale ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Noesis wrote: »
    Dungeon Reset Scrolls
    The dungeon reset scroll problem we've had since October is going to be resolved. There will now be tiers of Reset Scrolls that will work for various levels of dungeons. The old reset scrolls will continue to work for the dungeons they are designed to work for, but there will be no new dungeons added to them, and they will no longer be made available in game.

Will the new dungeon reset scrolls still be made available through Elite Consumable Box, or will there be another mode of acquisition for them?

• Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Vithroil wrote: »
    Are some of the Honorbound going to get addressed with this new patch? (like Character Direction gamepad bug)

Well he put it in the thread "known issues"

But I'm hoping with all my little elin heart that it gets fixed
  • LHMG4YDWYJ wrote: »
    When is harrowhold returning? What about class balance notes? EU Tera didnt get some of the ktera balance notes so im wondering if its the same.

Anything about brawler glitch root that should be fixed? Or lancer stun being resistable?

We need fixes

A month later into the patch or so and hh will come back as a 20 man which will also come with dual feature weapons and the new hard mode dungeon
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww I'll not be able to join super trap LKNM runs anymore and heal people.... BUT:
    TS and BR coming back.... new/old traps to heal!
    Makes me wonder then: what's the mode? Normal or hard? Both? Would be cool to get both, and would be fun to bring back AINM/HM while you're at it too, can't forget the +15 pros dying on fire corridor. Well maybe next patch
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Tenshi1 wrote: »

that comes back in a later patch
  • MinileeMinilee ✭✭

They are replacing 2 mid dungeons, by 2 other mid dungeons in the middle of the patch ( alot of midz right ). So AIHM will come back later as well as BRHM while closing DFHM and TSNM . This is also the patch where we get HH20 man
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Minilee wrote: »

They are replacing 2 mid dungeons, by 2 other mid dungeons in the middle of the patch ( alot of midz right ). So AIHM will come back later as well as BRHM while closing DFHM and TSNM . This is also the patch where we get HH20 man

Will we be able to q for HH this time?

Heck with BRHM, they can keep it for all I care
  • MinileeMinilee ✭✭
    Minilee wrote: »

Will we be able to q for HH this time?

Heck with BRHM, they can keep it for all I care

I dont think you can q for it. Also.. that would be the worse idea ever, its even harder then hh30.
  • delay the patch for thursday, so i have time to get my HH title. rip
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just asking 'cause I still haven't done it