[PS4/XB1] Maintenance has completed! Thank you for your patience!

Big Changes coming in NA TERA (next week's patch)

Comments

• allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    if they keep going with gears all the time, they will run out of names lol. next patch will be mary had a little lamb gear lol. jk.
  • Alec13Alec13 ✭✭
    Yordaddy wrote: »
    @Noesis you could have added "more info on the new dungeons to come later" at the end of your post and avoid all the drama. not everybody reads ktera news and eu tera.

Also I think it would make more sense to bring some 1-2 weeks of anniversary fun stuff, like mongos, and after that the new dungeons. It could keep ppl in game for a month. what's with this strategy? assuming there is anniversary event, are you expecting ppl to do dungeons? or events?

Mongos? NO!!! I hope En Masse never again to do events like mongos ever. You just want to sit around and get everything in the game for free, craft the gear and be offline till next patch after one day of play. Mongos was bad for the economy in the game. Event should be the ones that make you play.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Alec13 said:
    > Yordaddy wrote: »
    >
    > @Noesis you could have added "more info on the new dungeons to come later" at the end of your post and avoid all the drama. not everybody reads ktera news and eu tera.
    >
    > Also I think it would make more sense to bring some 1-2 weeks of anniversary fun stuff, like mongos, and after that the new dungeons. It could keep ppl in game for a month. what's with this strategy? assuming there is anniversary event, are you expecting ppl to do dungeons? or events?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Mongos? NO!!! I hope En Masse never again to do events like mongos ever. You just want to sit around and get everything in the game for free, craft the gear and be offline till next patch after one day of play. Mongos was bad for the economy in the game. Event should be the ones that make you play.

Mongos was fun and it brought the community together. The damage to the economy has been done and it cannot get worse then it already has. They don't necessarily need to have the same rewards in mongo events as before. In the end theyre still fun.
  • Alec13Alec13 ✭✭
    Yeah is always fun to kill the game with event like mongos
  • Alec13Alec13 ✭✭
    I dunno if I am gonna be against the rules of the forum with the things that I am gonna write now, but I am gonna compare Tera EU that everyone says it so better from Tera NA.
    100 MES in Tera EU = 50 000 gold - looks like Tera EU still don't have many options to farm MES. You can get 2 or 3 in Ghilli but teleport scroll to Ghilli in Tera EU is 400 VG reputation credits and there reward from VG bam quest is a lot less from here like double less. Event is more p2w since you have to pay to get the letter you need to get mount and you may not be lucky. You can go and play there, but since you hit lvl 65 and if you get you gear I would like to watch how you gonna craft it there. There is big lack of semi-enigmatic scrolls and spellbind there so it will be impossible to re-roll to perfect stats. Masterwork alka box is 400 VG credits - double more from here. You can get tokens from dungeons to get resources, but it will take a lot of farming for that. Here events give you everything for free and you all cry about it because patch will be 1 week late and so what? I am happy here and waiting to enjoy the new patch. I want to have events but to be reasonable, not to brake the economy, to make you play and have fun solo or with other ppl.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alec13 wrote: »
    I want to have events but to be reasonable, not to brake the economy, to make you play and have fun solo or with other ppl.

And for some, breaking the economy (or not needing to buy stuff in the first place) is part of that fun.
  • HwasaHwasa ✭✭
    Don't mean to beat up on EME or w/e, I'm just be blunt: If there's no T-E-R-A event then I really don't care and will view the update as more of a waste of data than anything else.
    I don't want a temp mount, I don't want average cosmetics that I can't sell for much profit since they'll over flood the market, or weird cosmetics that don't go with any of my current costumes. Nor am I dishing out 50+ bucks to get some freebies, that aren't really free, since I have to give u guys money before i get the "free rewards." -sigh-
    I just wanted to be able to farm bams for a nice new mount and hunt down blue boxes.........that's all. Why can't we have that, isn't EU getting that??? If so, then this is the only game I play where the main company has no problem pitting regions against each other by giving some something and others nothing. Every other game I play the main company goes out of their way to make sure things are equal, or as close to equal as possible, for different regions. Really not understanding how this can't/isn't being done with TERA.
  • Hwasa wrote: »
    I just wanted to be able to farm bams for a nice new mount and hunt down blue boxes.........that's all. Why can't we have that, isn't EU getting that???
    I don't know if something has changed in the next update, but at least if it's anything like the past:

1) Blue boxes can be easily exploited due to predictable spawn locations on some maps, and
    2) BAM farming can be exploited unless the drops are in level-restricted containers

I'm not sure how EU is combating these problems (or like I said, maybe it's fixed in the next patch), but this is partly why they're not doing these very often anymore here. They're basically "broken" events.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    So many elitists. It's fine to flood the dungeons with triple drops over and over yet heaven forbid they do a Mongo or TERA event where everyone (even those of us that don't do end game dungeons) can benefit. I always see "will ruin the economy" when there are events all can do, but I never see that when dungeons are dropping massive amounts of feedstock and other materials. Nope, only when it's something everyone can get. Then, it's just so bad for the economy.
  • Jordansb1Jordansb1 ✭✭✭
    Decided to reread the patch notes.... after I spent all of my cede tokens on random items thinking I had to use them all... thanks...
  • @Noesis - What about achievements specifically tied to those dungeons that are going away? Are they just going to be defunct? It's a very short time span to get, say, the Blood Magician title. I'm quite concerned.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    So many elitists. It's fine to flood the dungeons with triple drops over and over yet heaven forbid they do a Mongo or TERA event where everyone (even those of us that don't do end game dungeons) can benefit. I always see "will ruin the economy" when there are events all can do, but I never see that when dungeons are dropping massive amounts of feedstock and other materials. Nope, only when it's something everyone can get. Then, it's just so bad for the economy.

It's just rich people QQing that they can't make a profit over their precious mats because of these kinds of events. Don't mind them.
  • Dreadspire>Harrowhold
  • BonbonnieBonbonnie ✭✭✭
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    Christin wrote: »

It's just rich people QQing that they can't make a profit over their precious mats because of these kinds of events. Don't mind them.

Yeah. I love the mongo events because I can get pretty things for my characters without having to shell out money and have my wallet kick my [filtered] in the process.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    @Noesis - What about achievements specifically tied to those dungeons that are going away? Are they just going to be defunct? It's a very short time span to get, say, the Blood Magician title. I'm quite concerned.

If it's anything like the previous "seasons", the achievements tied to those dungeons are going to be invalid and your score/laurel will get rolled back as such (which I think is stupid, but this isn't the place for that little piece of criticism).