Big Changes coming in NA TERA (next week's patch)

Comments

• BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the blue box event will come like on Tera EU, that event is awesome and very rewarding :awesome:
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Blue boxes can be easily exploited due to predictable spawn locations on some maps, and

How exactly is that "exploiting"? -Everything- spawns in predictable locations, does that mean -everything- is being exploited? And if not, how are blue boxes different from, say, IoD BAMs? Is a dungeon drop event also being exploited because you know where the mob with the loot will spawn? Isn't the whole idea of blue boxes for them to be killed by players and not sit undiscovered for hours?
    2) BAM farming can be exploited unless the drops are in level-restricted containers

We already had level restricted containers so that's a poor excuse.
  • > @SageWindu said:
    > Vespertinecat wrote: »
    >
    > @Noesis - What about achievements specifically tied to those dungeons that are going away? Are they just going to be defunct? It's a very short time span to get, say, the Blood Magician title. I'm quite concerned.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If it's anything like the previous "seasons", the achievements tied to those dungeons are going to be invalid and your score/laurel will get rolled back as such (which I think is stupid, but this isn't the place for that little piece of criticism).

Well I don't actually care about laurels. Only the title and whether it'll be available through different methods or not. I... don't fancy having to level a character I thought I had infinite time to level, then trying to find the necessary groups to have my rump kicked in a dungeon' s hard mode 50 times. ...when I've not even run the normal mode. I mean maybe if there was a week notice. I'd have the days off to do it... but this was posted after said days off.
  • TWMagimay wrote: »
    1) Blue boxes can be easily exploited due to predictable spawn locations on some maps, and

How exactly is that "exploiting"? -Everything- spawns in predictable locations, does that mean -everything- is being exploited? And if not, how are blue boxes different from, say, IoD BAMs? Is a dungeon drop event also being exploited because you know where the mob with the loot will spawn? Isn't the whole idea of blue boxes for them to be killed by players and not sit undiscovered for hours?

No, the blue boxes are supposed to be randomly distributed throughout the world. But there are certain maps where the distribution is broken, so if you know where those are and farm it ad nauseum, you have a disproportionate advantage over others. This is what happened with one Kyra's event where some people farmed so many catalysts that they decided to wipe them all after every event from that point forward, and is partly why they haven't done any blue box events since.

It's not like the other examples you gave; it was completely broken if you knew where to go. So unless that's fixed, I think they won't do it.

TWMagimay wrote: »
    2) BAM farming can be exploited unless the drops are in level-restricted containers

We already had level restricted containers so that's a poor excuse.
    I'm not saying they can't do it, but the way they're doing it in EU doesn't look like they are (unless they are only having them drop from level 65 BAMs, or they drop at really low rates from the low-level BAMs).
    No, the blue boxes are supposed to be randomly distributed throughout the world. But there are certain maps where the distribution is broken, so if you know where those are and farm it ad nauseum, you have a disproportionate advantage over others. This is what happened with one Kyra's event where some people farmed so many catalysts that they decided to wipe them all after every event from that point forward, and is partly why they haven't done any blue box events since.

It's not like the other examples you gave; it was completely broken if you knew where to go. So unless that's fixed, I think they won't do it.

So, the idea is that people who put time and effort in the event shouldn't have an advantage over somebody who logs in for 5 minutes, sits at a camp and waits for stuff to spawn on top of them? I'd imagine if anyone were to farm anything "ad nauseum", they'd have a disproportionate advantage over others.

I'm not saying they can't do it, but the way they're doing it in EU doesn't look like they are (unless they are only having them drop from level 65 BAMs, or they drop at really low rates from the low-level BAMs).

I don't think the problem here is that they aren't doing exactly what EU is doing. When people say "EU has BAM hunt", it's the BAM hunt part of it they want. I don't think EmE thought this through. Shoving players into 1-2 dungeons for an entire week with basically nothing worthwhile to do outside those specific dungeons is going to lead to -massive- burn-out. Variety is needed. But at this point it's probably too late. I fully expect this event to kill the new patch as by the end of it everyone will be both sick of the dungeons and full stacked with vm mats. Or very pissed off because they didn't include the new dungeons in the event. Pick your poison and cheers!
  • edited May 2017

So, the idea is that people who put time and effort in the event shouldn't have an advantage over somebody who logs in for 5 minutes, sits at a camp and waits for stuff to spawn on top of them? I'd imagine if anyone were to farm anything "ad nauseum", they'd have a disproportionate advantage over others.
    No... I mean it was completely broken in a way that was obviously unfair, not just like "people who try have an advantage over people who don't try." In any case, I suspect it's out until it's fixed, or the prizes would be nerfed such that people would complain it's a waste of time.

I don't think the problem here is that they aren't doing exactly what EU is doing. When people say "EU has BAM hunt", it's the BAM hunt part of it they want. I don't think EmE thought this through. Shoving players into 1-2 dungeons for an entire week with basically nothing worthwhile to do outside those specific dungeons is going to lead to -massive- burn-out. Variety is needed. But at this point it's probably too late. I fully expect this event to kill the new patch as by the end of it everyone will be both sick of the dungeons and full stacked with vm mats. Or very pissed off because they didn't include the new dungeons in the event. Pick your poison and cheers!
    I think mostly we have to wait and see what is going to happen before totally slamming the whole thing. If in the end the event is a let-down, it won't be the first or the last, and we'll just move on.
    No... I mean it was completely broken in a way that was obviously unfair, not just like "people who try have an advantage over people who don't try." In any case, I suspect it's out until it's fixed, or the prizes would be nerfed such that people would complain it's a waste of time.

Why is it unfair? Did a GM go to certain people and tell them where the boxes spawn? Did they get some glitched markings on maps to tell them where the boxes are? Or did they maybe think, observe, reach a conclusion and find a better way to farm? What was preventing other people from figuring it out?
    I think mostly we have to wait and see what is going to happen before totally slamming the whole thing. If in the end the event is a let-down, it won't be the first or the last, and we'll just move on.

I'm not really big on sitting in the room and patiently watching the kitten hit the fan. My glas-half-empty inner voice is telling me the tokens are about to be really messed up in a way that can do some real damage to the game. It's not about it being a let-down, it's about it drastically shortening the life-span of the new patch.
  • SatevaSateva ✭✭
    Wait, no more BG credits? Box not a token?

So Battle ground rewards are going to be strictly RNG?

INC 1-3 hour que times.
  • @Noesis
    Have you all considered reimbursing 'Cede tokens to those who burned through them, thinking they were all going away?

I'm not an entitlement [filtered] by any means, but that initial announcement probably panicked some players into spending those tokens. Maybe people could submit a ticket with items they bought with 'Cede tokens in the last few days that they'd rather have the tokens back... if you all would honor those requests.

I know in the rush to announce stuff mistakes can happen, but that mistake adversely affected a lot of players.
  • Id really love to see mongo's/kyra's come again
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any exact date or how much actual time we will have to spend our BG credits before the npcs are gone?
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    literally answered in-game
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I would like to know if new tokens will be released, or if under/inter/supercede tokens will still be the relevant tokens.
    Well, I just assume new tokens will be released,and I hope they will follow the trend and also give new mid tier gear.
    I reread the main post. haaahakdjhakd

I hate running dungeons over and over to get one piece of gear. When DF was new, I run it 20 times before I got my hands on those darn leather boots. And to be honest, I think I ended up just buying the boots with tokens after running so many times and no luck. That was such a turn off. thank god for these tokens. :):D However, I am looking forward to running BR and TS again. They left just after I really got into tera. So, it will be nostalgic. :)
  • AkymiAkymi ✭✭
    Why the most horrible dungeon will stay ? lol
  • edited May 2017
    Increase of new dgn, meaning increase of lag too