Big Changes coming in NA TERA (next week's patch)

Comments

• SalvatoriSalvatori ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Salvatori wrote: »
    @Spacecats @Noesis

Since BGs will no longer give credits, what is gonna happen with such things that can only be obtained thought it like Bonanza Box and Smart Dyad? I mean, I only do battlegrounds for those items. lol

I hope we can have these items added on Vanguard Shop for like 9000 (cap) credits for Smart Dyad and 500/800 credits for Bonanza box. Would be a really nice thing.

I agree there should be a way for PvPers to get Smart Dyads and other good stuff. There is a new reward system that will be in place of credits, and we'll keep an eye on their contents to make sure Battlegrounds remain rewarding.

Seems fair. Thank you.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    DesuBean wrote: »
    Patch should be moved to Thursday, should've given players at least a 7 day notice, they could've transferred servers and ran another Harrowhold for their titles.
    Instead you chose this route, and you've probably 'cucked' a few people out of a title.
    I'm not speaking for myself, but those I happen to know.

Meh, HH is coming back* ¬.¬
  • PolairePolaire ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    > @Alec13 said:
    > So much anger in people, but I know from personal experience that sometimes no matter what you do people will not be happy. If you people want to know early about patch just go read ktera past patch notes.

It's not just about knowing what the patch is about. Lately, EME has been bad with communication. People want to know when patches (especially one as huge as this one) are released. Some people want to plan ahead of time with their friends to hit up the newest dungeon and get the first clear. Next week, someone may be getting their Dragonbane title or their brooch from Harrowhold but all of a sudden, 4-5 days before they do, they get this huge slap in the face saying they can't. And they can't even server transfer in an attempt to get that last clear because it's still too late. Players are getting stripped of something they've been working for for months.
    Is it really that hard to notify your playerbase about important changes /at the very least/ less than a week before? Especially when many players have been criticizing them for their lack of communication with the players. I would've expected a company to listen to their consumers to keep them happy but it seems that it has been the opposite.
  • edited May 2017
    If my friend had known about this on Tuesday they would have had a transfer raid, but they had to decline because they didn't want to spend money for a transfer there and back without having any clarity. I understand that it's more complicated behind the scenes, but it's really disheartening to hear that some people are going to lose out on something they spend 11 weeks working towards. 12 clears is a lot of time with only one entry per week, they put a lot of time and effort to this and I really hate to see people fall short by only one clear.

Also, like I said in my thread before not everyone had the time or luxury to dedicate to HH in the beginning of the patch. And it's not about me, it's about some people who are close to me and are affected by this. And some people have lost 1-2 or more clears because of server lag from events and such.
  • CandyMomokoCandyMomoko ✭✭✭
    Any news on release date for the maid costumes?

I know it has nothing to do with a new patch but this is the only recent thread a CM has answered in ^^;
  • unbelievably shortsighted of the team here by announcing this with barely only 5 days of preparation? i have to ask, really? honestly did anyone at the office not think that it would've been a good idea to let everyone know before?

really shady move and essentially just killed the game for me, you just trampled on 5+ months of teamwork and planning, now a ton of us won't see our 12 weeks
  • Are you guys not even going to address the server lag?
  • Alec13Alec13 ✭✭
    Polaire wrote: »
    > @Alec13 said:
    > So much anger in people, but I know from personal experience that sometimes no matter what you do people will not be happy. If you people want to know early about patch just go read ktera past patch notes.

It's not just about knowing what the patch is about. Lately, EME has been bad with communication. People want to know when patches (especially one as huge as this one) are released. Some people want to plan ahead of time with their friends to hit up the newest dungeon and get the first clear. Next week, someone may be getting their Dragonbane title or their brooch from Harrowhold but all of a sudden, 4-5 days before they do, they get this huge slap in the face saying they can't. And they can't even server transfer in an attempt to get that last clear because it's still too late. Players are getting stripped of something they've been working for for months.
    Is it really that hard to notify your playerbase about important changes /at the very least/ less than a week before? Especially when many players have been criticizing them for their lack of communication with the players. I would've expected a company to listen to their consumers to keep them happy but it seems that it has been the opposite.

so you gonna scream every day in forums for something that did or did not happen, you cant change the past you know no matter what you do
  • Alec13 wrote: »
    Polaire wrote: »
    > @Alec13 said:

so you gonna scream every day in forums for something that did or did not happen, you cant change the past you know no matter what you do

Nobody's screaming, just making comments and criticism about how unfair this is which is in everyone's right to do. Especially since the dungeon is 1 clear a week. This would mean that many of the options players had for a transfer raid are now null and void seeing as many have already gotten their weeks clear. Which I believe is a completely valid reason to post about.
  • PolairePolaire ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    > > @Alec13 said:
    > > so you gonna scream every day in forums for something that did or did not happen, you cant change the past you know no matter what you do

The patch has not yet come. It is the future, not the past, and we can change the release date.
    We are not screaming, but informing EME that this is a bad decision. Posting in forums is the only way players can get their voices heard. Telling other people and spreading information about how harmful or disliked something is is often how a need for change is heard, both in real life and in TERA.
    Even if it doesn't affect their personal schedule or their Harrowhold title/brooch, many players are upset with the lack of communication.
  • I think something that would greatly help players would be to do a reset on HH or extend it for another week so that people can be compensated for the lack of communication.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    fuzzyguard wrote: »
    unbelievably shortsighted of the team here by announcing this with barely only 5 days of preparation? i have to ask, really? honestly did anyone at the office not think that it would've been a good idea to let everyone know before?
    probably cuz everyone was wrapped up in this "3rd party program" fiasco
  • HysphericalHyspherical ✭✭✭
    Yberion wrote: »
    Tell me EME what is vernos' laboratory? don't you mean demokron factory? and if so that's not coming but leaving, guess you don't even know what content the game is running right now...

They don't play the game so it's no surprise they dunno what the dungeons are called...
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Spacecats how much is the stuff in the KS and BC merchants being discounted for? in KTERA they were discounted by 20%, are we getting the same here or even more? Also what things are you adding?

• Please put some way to get the ambush conversion items into behemoth, mts probably got parts of the gear missing or had to stay ambush to start making the new content of the game. I for example need only the vergos scale to transform my chest into behemoth and probably I will not be lucky to win on the roll this week again, and I only have 12 essences = (