[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Big Changes coming in NA TERA (next week's patch)

Comments

• @Spacecats what is the time HH reset ?
    it's after 7am Pdt maintanance or after 5am Pdt daily vanguard reset?
  • @Spacecats When will HH be reset ?
    it's after 5am Pdt daily vanguard reset or 7am Pdt after maintenance?
  • TianaTiana ✭✭✭
    So, correct me if I'm wrong.. But STORY/LORE based dungeons are going away? Why?
  • edited May 2017
    Tiana wrote: »
    So, correct me if I'm wrong.. But STORY/LORE based dungeons are going away? Why?

Well, I'm pretty sure their official logic is that they see TERA like a theme park, and they try to vary up the rides with each season to keep things from getting too boring (and they take "old rides" out of circulation for retooling, etc.). I don't think they've ever been too overly concerned about story/lore continuity. They mentioned that they'd continue to mix things up this way for each season going forward.
  • liezesliezes ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    ???

story based dungeons:

1) Lakan's army attacks city Velika (Velika Undergrounds)
    2) Lakan almost kills goddess Velika (Velik's Temple)

• liezesliezes ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    ???

Story based dungeons:
    1) Lakan's army attacks city Velika (Velika Undergrounds)
    2) Lakan almost kills goddess Velika (Velik's Temple)

• ThukingThuking ✭✭✭
    @Spacecats what is the time HH reset ?
  • edited May 2017
    Why the heck are you people doing this spam?

The question can be answered tomorrow when the staff is in the office, but filling this thread with identical posts is not going to help. That said, instances normally reset at 12pm UTC (5am PDT), and that doesn't change on maintenance weeks. Everyone has told me it resets at 5am, and a number of people are currently planning raids at that time. But we'll see what the staff says. The question is noted (and noted and noted). You don't need to keep spamming.
  • ElyannElyann ✭✭✭
    Noesis wrote: »
    The next patch has a lot of big changes in it. Most of them are things that you are probably aware of from reading patch notes elsewhere, but I wanted to take a moment to outline some of the big changes that will affect the players.

Achievement Season
    There will be a new achievement season starting with the new release, so get ready!

New Gear!
    There will be new gear available with the release, along with new materials to craft them. Names and details for these new tiers will be coming out soon.

New Tokens
    With the new release, the current *cede (Undercede, Intercede,Supercede) tokens will become Corroded, and be unredeemable. They will still have value in gold, but will not be used to open those shops any longer. There will be new tokens that drop for those shops. If you have been stockpiling those tokens, use them before Tuesday!

Battleground changes
    Starting with the new update, battlegrounds will no longer reward credits. There will instead be direct rewards as a result of participation in a battleground: A box containing various items if you win, or a box fragment if you lose that you can combine to form a reward box once you collect enough of them. The vendors will still be around for a while, so you will have time to spend your credits before the vendors depart. As part of this, we are reducing the vendor cost for some items on the various BG vendors as well.

Dungeon Reset Scrolls
    The dungeon reset scroll problem we've had since October is going to be resolved. There will now be tiers of Reset Scrolls that will work for various levels of dungeons. The old reset scrolls will continue to work for the dungeons they are designed to work for, but there will be no new dungeons added to them, and they will no longer be made available in game.

The following dungeons are going to be leaving TERA on the 9th:
    • Harrowhold
    • Ruinous Manor (Hard)
    • Ruinous Manor
    • Broken Prison
    • Lilith's Keep (Hard)
    • Lilith's Keep
    • Shadow Sanguinary (Hard)
    • Shadow Sanguinary
    • Sky Cruiser Endeavor (Hard)
    • Vault of Kaprima

There will also be some dungeons returning, with difficulty and loot adjustments to bring them in line with the current endgame.
    • Timescape
    • Bathysmal Rise
    • The Abscess

Demokron Factory will stay put.

Anniversary event when ?
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    It's unlikely to get a reply this late. Please dont spam and we can see about getting a response from eme tomorrow. :D
  • BonbonnieBonbonnie ✭✭✭
    26AHrHYqHv9rVSXMQ.gif
    Wake me up when the next class comes out. Boring patch.
  • So still no news on non Eq bgs?? There was the bit we heard in the stream a few months or weeks ago but still nothing.
    Making BGs EQ only and taking out the competition has turned them into a side-chore rather than an activity
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, again few brought their toxicity here, if things are never getting in your favor, why you stay around, don't get me wrong, When I was playing Smite, I didn't like it, stayed for friends but everything was frustrating for me, even I liked some named Gods designs like Thanatos, Nemesis, Bellona, I left that game and it is a year now I haven't even looked at it once.

Almost everyone playing on NA knows mostly we get what EU got after one week. So, yeah I agree last minute announcement needs to be less and less but for hardcore players this should have been clear by now, but EME, players have the right, please announce things sooner and hopefully detailed patch note at least 2 days before patch day. Thanks. @ SPACECATS

Also I see some notes here that I like because it is pointing out BHS lack of common sense.

I give examples:

SS going away, like wth? Since Level 65 was added, the story line is unfinished to eradicate Demokran and Imperator completely like what we have with Argons, and now Imperator dungeon being removed?

BHS rotate dungeons based on what exactly? Almost everyone in Tera hate DF, and almost everyone hated Ab, and CW stays as the only 3 man dungeon when RG really could be around.

So I can see why players are not happy, dungeons rotation should happen based on community feedback not just developer's decision.

Also, part of BG changes is good, but bringing too much RNG into the game is not healthy, players get to their desired BG, most of our restricted pvpers have to carry and do best on each match to win that one, they make a plan, a list of what they need and what they can sell, it is a source for their income and also gearing process. I really hope EME could balance things for BG or this change can hurt us.