[PC] Maintenance is now complete. Thank you for your patience!

Big Changes coming in NA TERA (next week's patch)

Comments

• TianaTiana ✭✭✭
    > @counterpoint said:
    > Tiana wrote: »
    >
    > So, correct me if I'm wrong.. But STORY/LORE based dungeons are going away? Why?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well, I'm pretty sure their official logic is that they see TERA like a theme park, and they try to vary up the rides with each season to keep things from getting too boring (and they take "old rides" out of circulation for retooling, etc.). I don't think they've ever been too overly concerned about story/lore continuity. They mentioned that they'd continue to mix things up this way for each season going forward.

Unfortunately, this is how it's always been. This really deters me from wanting to do much in the game since it seems like a good portion of people are going to be missing out on key story points.
  • TianaTiana ✭✭✭
    > @liezes said:
    > Tiana wrote: »
    >
    > So, correct me if I'm wrong.. But STORY/LORE based dungeons are going away? Why?
    >
    >
    >
    > ???
    >
    > Story based dungeons:
    > 1) Lakan's army attacks city Velika (Velika Undergrounds)
    > 2) Lakan almost kills goddess Velika (Velik's Temple)

And they're still removing some very important key Point dungeons. You can refer me a few and still leave some very important ones there.
  • With the changes upcoming, is it possible to craft ambush set without those dungeon available or what are the other options I should take? I am a new player, and with this sudden big change coming into play, I feel kinda lost here.
  • HysphericalHyspherical ✭✭✭
    EPDWWLLLYF wrote: »
    With the changes upcoming, is it possible to craft ambush set without those dungeon available or what are the other options I should take? I am a new player, and with this sudden big change coming into play, I feel kinda lost here.

Usually you can still craft the previous patch VM even though it's considered old gear. I'm not sure what the drop tables are but they've done it in the past regularly. If you don't craft Ambush there will be a new mid-tier gear (like a Guile 2.0) which will be comparable in stats.

Not sure why EME doesn't even know the name of any of the gear that's coming out in FOUR DAYS.
  • AlyxaAlyxa ✭✭
    What about Enchanting Bonanza Boxes? Are those gonna be still available somewhere in NA Tera? Still haven't seen any news about the plans for these boxes, they're still main source of SES tho and I'm sure people would miss them.
  • Jordansb1Jordansb1 ✭✭✭
    So will this patch get rid of Ambush and make Guile low tier?
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jordansb1 wrote: »

Guile will be low tier, yes, but Ambush will still be around and craftable. From what I remember the components will drop from the HM of Demokron and I don't remember which other dungeon.
  • GrievuuzGrievuuz ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Jordansb1 wrote: »

Guile will become the low tier, yes. Rid of ambush? No. You'll still be able to obtain it, but it'll only be the 3rd best set (4th when vm9.5 becomes available with HH20).

When we get the patch, the gear will rank VM9 > VM8.5 (Behemoth, unobtainable) > VM8 (Ambush) > Guile 2.0 > Guile

When HH20 comes out, the gear will rank VM9.5 > VM 9 > VM8.5 (Behemoth, unobtainable) > VM8 (Ambush) > Guile 2.0 > Guile

It's important to note that we won't be able to obtain the VM9 equivalent of Lady's Handkerchiefs from dungeon loot since the 5-star difficulty dungeon doesn't become available right away, but it'll be obtainable through the new BG winners boxes - at least that's how it was rolled out in KTera. EU also included them as possible drops in Ghillieglade, but that's because Ghillieglade is a "premium" dungeon on EU, subscribers get 1 scroll to access per day, and scrolls bought with VG credits are a lot steeper - they cost like 400 VG credits each.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I saw anniversary wings, what are those? O.o

updated: Check your Item Claim when got online, there is something for you from a Tricky Popo.
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    RIP Liliths Keep and SS.
  • LilMsQTayLilMsQTay ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    > @LesbianVi said:
    > I saw anniversary wings, what are those? O.o
    >
    > updated: Check your Item Claim when got online, there is something for you from a Tricky Popo.

Dun f#k with me. I got on at 715am pst, b4 work and didn't have mail.
    *waits to get excited
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    I saw anniversary wings, what are those? O.o

updated: Check your Item Claim when got online, there is something for you from a Tricky Popo.

Yeah, really happy we got those! I saw them on the EU TERA promo, and was hoping we'd get them, they look awesome =)

My only complaint is they look too small on Elins.
  • Tiana wrote: »
    So, correct me if I'm wrong.. But STORY/LORE based dungeons are going away? Why?

I had the same thought when I saw SS on the list. It's the end part to the sodding Northern Arun plot. Seems stupid. I wish BHS would respect the lore before making decisions.

Could have left SSNM in there with smaller drops or something.
  • Since we already got compensation for RMH being left out of the event, can we please have some compensation about the removal of Harrowhold with no prior warning? Or even some notice on the reset timer?
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the odds that the anniversary event will end this new patch in record time?