Error: 0111:0001 General failure

anyone else getting this? i was logged in, then my game crashed. keep getting this message, did repair, restarted my comp and rebooted router, idk what else can i do (besides writing a support ticket, but i want solution for this problem this year :D )

Comments

• "Don't use third party apps."
    If you did open it and close it again.
  • The 0111:xxxx error codes are related to the game client not being able to properly download world server information. The 0111:0001 error in particular comes up when the TERA client is not able to get the list of available servers (the list you would see before the character select screen).

There are a couple of things you can try to get past this error:
    1. Exit TERA and the TERA launcher and try restarting the game. We published a patch today and it may not have downloaded properly for you
    2. Check to make sure you have a stable and reliable internet connection (a wired connection is preferred to playing over a wi-fi or cellular connection). We find that some people get these errors if they have packet loss on their connections or if they have high latency. If the initial log in window take a long time to load (more than 20 seconds) after you start the launcher, you may be having some network issues. You may want to try restarting your modem as well.
    3. Check to make sure you do not have a hard coded IP address in your etc host file. Our patching content delivery network (CDN) tends to retire old IP addresses and add new ones on a regular basis. Make sure you are not trying to connect directly to a specific IP address to download a patch.

If these steps fail, please enter a support ticket. They will ask you to run the EME Diagnostic tool, so make sure you run that before submitting your ticket to save a little time.