[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Assuming Direct Control(ler) 2: The Phantom Director

Comments

• I'm legitimately ready to quit over this bug. I've been playing TERA for years, started in beta, and on and off with at least 3 of those years playing daily. I've never played this game with anything other than a controller. I've cleared first day patch uppers of every season, I've gotten every title, and I've earned, not paid for, every single +15 I've had every patch. I would dare 90% of the population of TERA to try to outperform me kb vs controller.

I say this, not to brag, but because this option, this ONE option, is THE REASON I can do that, the SOLE reason. I am a brawler main, and without this option, I am forced to waste my iframe on things that were incredibly easy to avoid with a piledriver or a kick in another direction. You have two choices to move a camera with a right stick, slow as molasses or holy [filtered] this is so fast I might as well be guessing exactly where my camera will land. Take new Darkan for example, before, he would cast a triple, I was able to kick out, piledrive back in, and jackhammer, all of this does damage AS I'm avoiding the boss. Now? iframe, piledriver straight forward towards Darkan, his 2nd swing, I'm literally just walking over to the side instead of doing DPS. There's no way to swing your camera around like that on controller, this is the exact reason the option was made in the first place, and it's the only thing that puts controller on equal footing.

I guarantee you, they had issues incorporating it in to Valk, and it broke completely. They knew about this even before, and thought they'd get away with not telling anyone. Well you're about to lose a very old and loyal customer over it. Quite frankly if I don't hear anything about it in the next week or two, I'm gone. You've turned tanking from a fun laid back experience for me to an exercise in frustration.
  • I posted a long thought out post, but then it got deleted immediately for some reason? So I'll make this one short.

I'm going to quit this game if we don't at least get an update in the next week or two. I am a main tank, a brawler, with one iframe, who uses this option to save said iframe. In fact, it's the only thing that puts controller on equal footing with mouse. Good luck trying to find a speed to exactly control your camera with your thumbs. I've been playing this game exclusively with controller since beta, and while I've been disappointed before, this is the worst thing BHS has ever done to me as a player. I've cleared first day uppers of all three seasons, and most hm dungeon patches, I don't say this to brag, I say this because if it wasn't for this option, it never would have happened. You've taken my tanking from an enjoyable laid back experience to an exercise in frustration.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, bhs didn't do this, it was a bug, but they should have started working on it the minute eme said something to them after we brought it up to them

And yes, @Halrath did say he spoke with them about it
  • Are you serious? You believe Spacecats actually knows what's going on with this? Of course it's a bug. It's an unintentional bug that happened when they made valk, and couldn't get it to work with it. What ISN'T a bug, and is most certainly intentional, is that the KR build removed the ability with valk, and took it out completely with Velik patch. Chances are, they couldn't get it to work with valk, and scrapped the entire project because they didn't deem it important enough to spend resources on, and quite frankly the only way to actually get them to do anything (and let's face it, this isn't high priority, I'll probably be gone by the time there's a fix) is to put your money where your mouth is.
  • XiaolinXiaolin ✭✭
    Weird, I remember this being an issue since the beginning. Not all skills would allow me to use them in character direction. I started as a Lancer and would often use the backstep by pulling down on the left stick to face away from a boss and then backstep through them, not all skills would let me do that. Recently I came back to the game, and it annoyed me enough to go ahead and put it on camera direction all the time just to get used to it, to compensate I used xpadder to increase the horizontal turn rate while keeping the vertical at a low rate. Another issue I have always had was interact and chain skill did not function properly if I moved them around, plus they get in the way of each other when used on the same key as the prompt doesn't go away immediately after battle so speeding through dialogue or picking up items was a pita. I used xpadder again to assign Interact to LB as I keep frequently used skills on DPad XYB and RB combos, so it rarely interferes (interference would be slightly moving away to reach for a mote or loot just before a skill cancels the action). These issues, and my solution, has been a thing for 4 years.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't saying the valk skill thing wasn't intentional, some classes just are intended to be camera direction. I'm saying he confirmed it IS a bug for the other classes.

I mean, take the priest for instance. Before, you were able to put healing circles wherever your character was facing (If you had put that option on), now no matter which way you turn, you do the skill and your character goes camera direction.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Admission: I'm a bit surprised this topic is as active as it is, to be honest. I figured the masses would just gloss over this like the ramblings of a scrub lunatic. I suppose it's nice to see that we pad players aren't quite as low in number as I initially assumed. :smile:

Addendum: If nothing else, TERA's pad support is still leagues better than BnS. That game... oi.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Admission: I'm a bit surprised this topic is as active as it is, to be honest. I figured the masses would just gloss over this like the ramblings of a scrub lunatic. I suppose it's nice to see that we pad players aren't quite as low in number as I initially assumed. :smile:

I was very happy to see that I'm not the only pad healer too :)
  • bumping again, healers have so many skills tho to fill in the buttons , same for sorc :open_mouth:
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tenshi1 wrote: »

I was very happy to see that I'm not the only pad healer too :)

I main my Priest on that Xbox controller bruh!
    I find it so r-tarded when you see those guys cuss over you when they know you're a controller player, cause you know, it makes you suck automatically. They never even seen you play but "I don't wanna try honestly". Really. Seen someone say that.
  • Nobody in game knows that I main Priest on controller because I never give them a reason to think anything of it :3
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ElinLove

Interesting. I usually get the opposite reaction when I reveal that I play pad: a mixture of awe and disbelief.

Heck, I was running OG KDN with some guildmates while on my priest and my batteries died in the middle of the first boss fight. I apologized for what I thought was a shoddy performance after (I had to use K&M for the remainder of the fight and, er... things got weird), and they were either "Really? I saw no difference." or "Wait, you were doing that on a controller?!"

Good times.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Nobody in game knows that I main Priest on controller because I never give them a reason to think anything of it :3

Yeah, no one but a few close friends know I use a controller for healing.

But for me personally, the controller is pretty much the only reason I can heal in Tera, or any game really. I don't feel like I can use a mouse and keyboard to heal :/ Reasons
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ElinLove

Interesting. I usually get the opposite reaction when I reveal that I play pad: a mixture of awe and disbelief.

Heck, I was running OG KDN with some guildmates while on my priest and my batteries died in the middle of the first boss fight. I apologized for what I thought was a shoddy performance after (I had to use K&M for the remainder of the fight and, er... things got weird), and they were either "Really? I saw no difference." or "Wait, you were doing that on a controller?!"

Good times.

It's usually this reaction after they saw the performance (and ye I feel you on dying batteries hehe, I always keep 2~3 pairs ready here tho so when it ends I swap them in like 5~10s). The funny is when you see haters at random global chat: they have no arguments whatsoever and refuse to try going on a run with you, they religiously believe you'll suck even if you carry them
  • XiaolinXiaolin ✭✭
    Another thing I'd like to see for controller support is the addition of extras tray assignment, sure I have work arounds for that but it'd be nice to have it as a feature. I can fill the main tray with just ABXY and DPad combinations, that leaves me sticks and triggers+bumper combos to assign a couple extras tray items to. The only keys assigned to the main tray for me are ABXY+DPad along with bumper combos for each. My dual bumper combos are mounts, camera control, and inventory+profile.
This discussion has been closed.