[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

What EME is doing to reduce lag in TERA [Updated 5/18]

Comments

• Meanwhile on TR:

wsOG0eW.jpg?1

2ACGz4v.jpg?1

It would be nice if this was a isolated incident, it isnt. We are not crying for nothing eme, please halp.
  • 15 minutes later .................

8u0ajvU.jpg?1
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to be rude EME and Spacecats, but i do not believe the issue lies in our end. When someone lags, the entire server suffers the same lag at the same time. I do not think this is either ISP related nor computer hardware nor anything related in our end. This is a problem that is heavily on your end, YOUR SERVERS. in TR, as of right now, we just suffered a massive lag spike that lasted for a good 30-40 seconds. We literally could do nothing but see the events unfold in slow motion.
  • Zoknahal wrote: »
    Not to be rude EME and Spacecats, but i do not believe the issue lies in our end. When someone lags, the entire server suffers the same lag at the same time. I do not think this is either ISP related nor computer hardware nor anything related in our end. This is a problem that is heavily on your end, YOUR SERVERS. in TR, as of right now, we just suffered a massive lag spike that lasted for a good 30-40 seconds. We literally could do nothing but see the events unfold in slow motion.

+1111111111111111111111111111
  • Just an example of some lag spikes already on TR today.

9:02:18 (Open world IoD)
    9:03:20
    11:00:20
    11:52:58
    12:03:40 (10 second lag, server wide)
    12:18:00
    12:33:20
    12:56
    13:03 (About a full minute of server flipping out, nobody could resurrect, running Velik's Sanctuary at the time)
  • 30 ish minutes later .................

TvPygvT.jpg?1
    qgFF6yA.jpg?1
    cIQsbZJ.jpg?1

Well, the opening post is focused on other causes of lag that aren't ISPs or people's computers, and I'm pretty sure the whole point of the thread was to say that they know that some causes of lag are on their end. Clearly, the issues we've had since this patch in particular are mostly on their side.
  • dreamcast87dreamcast87 ✭✭✭
    @Geletron (or any EME staff) could you give us an update on the lag situation if any new info is available at the top post? Thanks.

Well, the opening post is focused on other causes of lag that aren't ISPs or people's computers, and I'm pretty sure the whole point of the thread was to say that they know that some causes of lag are on their end. Clearly, the issues we've had since this patch in particular are mostly on their side.

i think u mean most of the issues the last 7 months has been on their side.

i think u mean most of the issues the last 7 months has been on their side.

It's been a mixed bag. Issues with lag in HH and dungeons, yes. But there have also been substantial issues with routing too. Both together are what make it particularly bad.
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭

It's been a mixed bag. Issues with lag in HH and dungeons, yes. But there have also been substantial issues with routing too. Both together are what make it particularly bad.

i know you want to try and separate the issues, but its not going to work that well. the average player is going to consider any issue outside of their computer or internet as the companies fault, especially when they can hop onto any other online game and not have any issues. i know routing isnt exactly EMEs fault, but at this point the player base is prob ready to murder someone as long as it fixes the lag, and theyll keep blaming EME until the problem is fixed. the joys of being the face and publisher of a product.
  • Meanwhile on TR, every 30 minutes we get

5dNIwn7.png
    whrkfdi.png
    7cTNyEY.png

• srazsraz
    edited May 2017
    Update for today on TR, it's really rather disappointing :(

9:02:18 (Open world IoD)
    9:03:20
    11:00:20
    11:52:58
    12:03:40 (10 second lag, server wide)
    12:18:00
    12:33:20
    12:56
    13:03 (About a full minute of server flipping out)
    13:30
    13:32:28
    13:33 (Another full minute + of lag, even chat server)
    14:04 (Another full minute of lag)
    14:33 (Good 30 seconds of lag)
    14:38 (30 second daily)
  • TL;DR they're doing absolutely nothing.

Inb4 compensation because it's easier to give away free stuff then stop and figure out what is going wrong and prevent it from happening in the future.
  • I give up at this point, can't do anything without it lagging out and killing everyone