[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Triple Drop Weekends idea proposal

So back on the original forums there has been a topic under discussion about increasing drop rates. The general consensus here is that:

1: Yep, 1x drop rates suck... hard.
2: Yes, a lot of people want more drops.
3: No, people don't want it to become easy-mode to getting VM mats.

So how does one attempt to achieve something that addresses all of these?

Enter: Triple Drop Weekends.

This is a snip from a post I did on the other forums I'll copy and paste here for those who haven't seen it yet:

"Triple Drop every weekend - (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)

This would give people a lot more reason to queue dungeons and BGs during the weekends, slows the speed in which people can get materials, and during the regular weekdays you can do your Vanguards, Crusades, and other weekly tasks - that way the weekend is reserved for fun and materials gathering.

If EME did it like this, I'd have absolutely zero reason to complain about not having anything to do. Mon-Thrus I could do Crusades work for the guild, as well as dailies for Vanguards. Then on the weekend, I could switch gears and run DS2, FINM, and KDNM for my VM mats, or help guildmates get their SF mats.

Frankly, I think it's an awesome idea. Sure other people who spend 10+ hours a day on this game are going to get their materials faster than me, and others who form dedicated statics will be able to get their materials even faster, but that's the reward for doing things that way. At least this way, it gives variance in what you can do throughout the week, and makes weekends something worth looking forward to, other than of course... you know... not having to work or go to school."

As it explained, I think a balance between increasing drop rates, and preventing people from getting BiS gear in short order is do'able, even if they're running static groups. While this doesn't create new content, it does break up our current content in a way that, from what I saw during last week when we had part of the week be 1x drops, then the weekend become 3x drops, that week actually felt productive and entertaining.

@ Spacecats:

Do you think there's any way this can be given a sort of "trial run" for the last 3 weekends before Crusades Ends and we hit the theoretical patch date? I think given the limited amount of content available to us(you guys and us as the players), that breaking up said content in a meaningful way will go a lot farther than trying to create new events all the time.

Comments

• I like this idea.

I also believe that VM mats should distribute like cosmo shards you can reduce the amount dropped.

For example take the current FIHM.

Everyone gets one heart, one seal, one ash, 3 dread ore.

• CatatonicCatatonic ✭✭✭
    MildLife wrote: »
    I like this idea.

I also believe that VM mats should distribute like cosmo shards you can reduce the amount dropped.

If this was the case then you would need hundreds of everything, similar to how crafting Dreamkeeper was.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    In theory that'd be nice, but the reason why it might be better not to is like this last weekend I was running DS2 with my guildmates during the tripled drop event.

Three of us, myself included were going for hearts.
    2 +15 SF users were running with us and just wanted fod.

We came to an agreement that they got the fod, and the three of us that needed the hearts each got to get one with a dedicated 'pass' roll by everyone else. If everyone got one, that's almost 2x the number of hearts handed out, and starts to tread on the 'too much/too easy' route, but I get where you're coming at with it.

It's a nice idea, but being able to decide who gets what with rolls if we want to would allow people a lot more freedom in how they sort the loot.
  • edited May 2016
    MildLife wrote: »
    I like this idea.

Disagreed. If this were to happen, you would see countless people running around with +12/+15 Visionmaker. This could work if they increased the required amount of materials needed for creation, but even then, I see that as being too generous.
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    It's a pretty well known thing that us Westerners hate grinding way more than our Eastern friends!

I support this change, but would be even happier if it was every day!
  • I think triple drop's just too much. Although it's definitely very generous, I think it would take away drop events being special.

Maybe an increased drop rate over the weekend wouldn't be bad... but definitely not double or triple.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice ideas aren't good ideas. Getting VM mats is the easiest it has ever been, BoP mats can be obtained in a week and the rest can be bought from Trade Broker. En Masse would have to increase the amount of VM materials needed and Feedstock to enchant if your idea was implemented.
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    Why?

+15 is stupidly difficult, and should have never been introduced. Based on what, are you dictating how difficult it should be?
  • hellno wrote: »
    Why are people so against other people having VM gear? I really dont get it? VM gear hasnt been anything to show off since people started selling quills and you could just buy it, sooo I mean the more people with gear means greater player pool for things in game.

It's already stupidly easy to get VM, why make it any easier? Just by grinding CS and FWC the past week, I have saved up enough credits to purchase enough materials for my weapon and gloves. I see this as only benefiting people who don't participate in battlegrounds.
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    Now +15 it...
  • Mobius1 wrote: »
    Now +15 it...

+15 Starfall is a waste at the moment. I'd rather wait to Awaken Vengeance and +15 then.
  • BanimBanim ✭✭✭
    Too much of a good thing can make you sick. I don't think this should be a regular scheduled event. Double and triple drops should be something not too frequent. What they should do is make dungeons more rewarding in general, similarly to what they did to SCHM pre-nerf or DS uppers more recently. Of course, for the easier dungeons they shouldn't buff loot that much, but more variety of useful drops would be nice.
  • AetonaAetona ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Seeing as kdnm is going to be removed with ninja patch, there's not much of a point in doing a triple drop in there.

That aside, this probably wouldn't be good to have as a weekly thing. It may seem like a great idea in concept, but in reality it would only cause more problems.
  • PinopyPinopy ✭✭✭
    I both like and dislike this idea.

I like it because I feel like people would be more active, LFG will be more populated, and it will give people who don't constantly grind everyday a chance to get a large amount of mats still.

I dislike it because I agree that VM is super easy to get now I'm already seeing everyone running around in some VM. I was able to nearly finish my SF set on mystic with the triple drop or so after having only the weapon since before FIHM.
    While LFG will be more populated, LFG will probably be nothing but pass runs/fast runs cuz when increased drop is active everyone wants to grind as much as possible as fast as possible.

Regardless I think triple drop is a bit too much, maybe double drop is okay? But I think it was only triple because of the misunderstanding/misinformation with the enchant event (even though in my opinion it didn't make up for much)
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    hellno wrote: »
    Why are people so against other people having VM gear? I really dont get it? VM gear hasnt been anything to show off since people started selling quills and you could just buy it, sooo I mean the more people with gear means greater player pool for things in game.

It's a prestige thing. They have it, most people don't. Therefore, whether or not they admit it, they want it to stay that way because it puts them on a higher level than other people.

Thing is, I sent Spacecats a message detailing a lot of things, and one of them was this:

"I understand EME’s hands are tied in a lot of different aspects of this game, but changing loot drops so that grinding for the final end-game gear in this game isn’t outright depressing is something EME has shown it’s capable of. In no other game have I ever played, that it was basically expected and accepted that the best gear of any given patch is so hard to get, that only a small portion of the player base is capable of getting it before the patch cycle ends."

Yeah, some people can get their VM mats "in a week" but what kind of percentile player are those? For those people, it's the equivalent to those who say Awakened Enchanting isn't a big deal because they got +15 in under 30 tries on their weapon. Just because you can, doesn't mean everyone can. We're only a couple weeks from the next patch, and I can queue up for dungeons and run around Highwatch and still see only a handful of people in a day with Starfall weaponry, let alone people with full sets or +15 gear.
    Banim wrote: »
    Too much of a good thing can make you sick.

Too little of something will kill you too. How many people have left this game because it was too easy versus how many people left because the grind is just too damn much for them?
    Banim wrote: »
    What they should do is make dungeons more rewarding in general, similarly to what they did to SCHM pre-nerf or DS uppers more recently. Of course, for the easier dungeons they shouldn't buff loot that much, but more variety of useful drops would be nice.

How is this proposal much different? It's not a permanent thing, it's a couple days out of the week people can run dungeons to get VM materials while the other days, more than half the week, dungeon drops are at their anorexic values and people will likely not even bother to run them.