Un-equalized gear in FWC

Comments

• KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    Why should PvPers not have a place to use their gear?

If you're a casual PvPer and do not want to gear up, there is CS and Kuma BG for you!

Let us have ONE battleground to have fun in.
  • Bring back 120k Thunder Strike crits!

Don't worry, those still happen with EQ gear.
  • RolyRoly ✭✭
    Open world PvP in one Dedicated Server just PvP anything else.... 100 vs 100 or all vs all with 2 rez opportunities in one or two zones outside allemantia or Velika... cmon mEME do somthing great for PvPers community and take advantage with your great combat system which is the best imo.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    just adding my 2 cents to the matter:
    Never played un-EQ FWC exactly because I knew already that I would stand no chance against +15. Also during partially EQ times (bellow certain i-lvl you would get EQ gear) I would play it and be quite decent, until I got my full Schisma set done and dropped out the EQ and was actually better than the EQ gear.
    During full EQ times I was quite decent, about as good as during Schisma set, but only on certain classes. I gotta say I'm quite good as a healer in CS against PVPers, and good enough on PVE, but in FWC full EQ gear was indeed full trash.

I don't see the EQing of the gear being a problem, but the gear itself that is given: it's unbalanced, specially for healers as noted.
    Also was completely unbalanced for un-EQ gear. Using lack of balancing as a justification for non-EQ gear is nonsensical as that is also completely unbalanced, even if everyone had perfect rolls on all gear and all same gear.

If PVP is dead it's not because of lack of a PVP gear set or only equalized battlgrounds.
  • W7GNYAP55AW7GNYAP55A ✭✭✭
    Koikoi wrote: »
    Why should PvPers not have a place to use their gear?

If you're a casual PvPer and do not want to gear up, there is CS and Kuma BG for you!

Let us have ONE battleground to have fun in.

Then make it Gridiron and not FWC. FWC has he best reward sets in the game.
    NikuroTega wrote: »
    I'm all for un-equalized FWC. Pre-RMHM patch where queue would pop almost anytime of the day. It was on par with the old FWC golden days.

There has been multiple times where the so-called "elite +15" players or premades have lost to a team that was better organized. It just takes more of a team effort and communication, which makes the game entirely more satisfying.

Currently, un-equalized gear does in fact favor classes with high burst and short CD classes(i.e. Valkyrie), and immensely disfavors healers, who die almost instantly from high burst crits or KD chains. I can see how this may attract players who aren't too keen in pvp whom also fail to realize the imbalances of equalized gear.

Bringing un-equalized FWC brings more balance to the table than what equalized FWC currently offers, as well as instant queue pop.
    Elinerd wrote: »
    non-EQ gear only worked when the game wasn't p2w. The game is also grossly unbalanced with speed and CDR etchings.

Energetic etchings are your best friend to keep up with the speed and CDR meta. Js.

This game isn't P2W. It's more of Pay4Convenience. I've seen players with full +15 gear, with rookie status on dungeon runs, and the worst KDA ratios in BG.

Just because someone can obtain gold(by someone's hard work farming) faster through EMP sell, buy the best gear(by someone's hard work farming), doesn't mean they automatically become PVE/PVP gods. It takes time to learn the intricacies of a class, and become decently skilled for class efficiency.

akSzdpp.png

No. This idea that "bursty" hero is dominating equalized gear battle is non-sense. If you have un-equalized gear, those same bursty hero will be MORE BURSTY.

---

If everyone who "worked hard" for their +15 and want a place to show for it, make it Gridiron, keep it away from the best battleground FWC. You're literally asking EME to make FWC un-equalized at the EXPENSE of other PLAYERS WHO ALSO WORKS HARD and ONLY PLAYS PvP. Forcing them to play PvE to get those +15 to stay revelant. The battleground was suppose to be a place where only those who appreciate PvP can work to get their items, now they're revery
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    You're clearly new here.

Back when fwc was un-equalized it would pop all the time without power hours. Reverting it back would make that happen again and players can use their hard working gear.

Equalized gear is garbage. Not balanced. I currently get hit for 100k on a lancer sometimes and lancer has the highest defense in the game. Equalized gear my [filtered]. At least with my gear I'd survive more.

You're clearly new here. Maybe you have no understanding of what is going on or what is being said. But clearly you have no idea how bad it was when everyone who didn't have +12 Mid-Tier in FWC were getting kicked out/voted out. And maybe you have no remembrance of how bad it was to run FWC because it was literally the same players playing that battleground in their +15. If you think the battleground will go back to the same old ways, it won't. During 2012-2015, that's when Tera had its peak of players roughly 24k-50k average log ins. You really think that's the case now? Hah.
    Xeiryl wrote: »
    lol at people here speaking as if people with +15 didn't put in actual work to get their gear. surely nobody puts work into this game and they all swipe for their gear, right?

equalized gear as it is doesn't balance the game nearly as much as people seem to think. as starsprite said, it favors classes with low cooldowns and hard hitting skills and frankly as a healer, it's really not enjoyable to play with the garbage attack speed the equalized set offers. i too want unequalized gear back, because right now even power hour isn't enough to get me to queue.

What does that have to do with anything? Battleground is made for PvP lovers, not for the elitist or who put in "WORK" to get their +15. So you're saying give FWC to the +15 because they put in work at the expense of other players enjoyment? Are you kidding me?

I put in work to +15 my IMP when IMP was the new VM set. It was the most disgusting experience in Tera in my life. It's exactly why I stopped PvE and started to only play battlegrounds. If FWC becomes un-equalized, they're forcing players like myself, new comers, casual players to either
    a) Stop playing, or b) Go gear up in PvE to get the +15 just to stay revelent. This is called category prejudice.

Being prejudice to one set of category/group in the game (The +15) at the expense of other majority players in the game.
  • AbstractCHAbstractCH ✭✭✭
    EQ gear isnt even equal? Roll some pvp gear if you're that worried about it. Valks etc still one combo in eq gear so why are you concerned now?

Try playing a healer class in eq gear and then you'll also want un-eq.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    AbstractCH wrote: »
    EQ gear isnt even equal? Roll some pvp gear if you're that worried about it. Valks etc still one combo in eq gear so why are you concerned now?

Try playing a healer class in eq gear and then you'll also want un-eq.

that is the deal I'm talking about. Make a decently balanced EQ gear. Leaving it un-EQ only will not solve the balancing at all, it will keep just as broken if not worse. Classes aren't balanced. You COULD change this with gear balanced per class.
  • Un-equalized gear will kill FWC, bring pvp gear alive and kill FWC, u still have no place to use ur pvp gear, lol.
  • roxxapoxxroxxapoxx ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    People who claim P2W also don't spend their time gathering and making etchings or using any of the methods for in-game gold making.... so it's pretty hilarious.

COUGH / referring to my friend who started playing and doesn't swipe who made etchings and gained 900k in one week haha cough cough haha xD
    roxxapoxx wrote: »
    People who claim P2W also don't spend their time gathering and making etchings or using any of the methods for in-game gold making.... so it's pretty hilarious.

Yea and one of that main method of making gold in-game is to run FWC. But if you un-equalize it, say bye bye to that casual gamer and new comers! Because you're forced to go +15 your gear into order to get the rewards in FWC or tough luck.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conflate was viable for fwc but then they made it equalized. Now its completely useless because of equalized, but since conflate is as old as it is, and you can't make it anymore, makes it a total waste.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    W7GNYAP55A wrote: »
    NikuroTega wrote: »
    I'm all for un-equalized FWC. Pre-RMHM patch where queue would pop almost anytime of the day. It was on par with the old FWC golden days.

There has been multiple times where the so-called "elite +15" players or premades have lost to a team that was better organized. It just takes more of a team effort and communication, which makes the game entirely more satisfying.

Currently, un-equalized gear does in fact favor classes with high burst and short CD classes(i.e. Valkyrie), and immensely disfavors healers, who die almost instantly from high burst crits or KD chains. I can see how this may attract players who aren't too keen in pvp whom also fail to realize the imbalances of equalized gear.

Bringing un-equalized FWC brings more balance to the table than what equalized FWC currently offers, as well as instant queue pop.
    Elinerd wrote: »
    non-EQ gear only worked when the game wasn't p2w. The game is also grossly unbalanced with speed and CDR etchings.

Energetic etchings are your best friend to keep up with the speed and CDR meta. Js.

This game isn't P2W. It's more of Pay4Convenience. I've seen players with full +15 gear, with rookie status on dungeon runs, and the worst KDA ratios in BG.

Just because someone can obtain gold(by someone's hard work farming) faster through EMP sell, buy the best gear(by someone's hard work farming), doesn't mean they automatically become PVE/PVP gods. It takes time to learn the intricacies of a class, and become decently skilled for class efficiency.

akSzdpp.png

No. This idea that "bursty" hero is dominating equalized gear battle is non-sense. If you have un-equalized gear, those same bursty hero will be MORE BURSTY.

You've obviously never tried taking down a healer with decent gear that has stacked attack speed, CDR, endurance, and crit resist, have you?

Make FWC un-equalized.

If you want equalized gear BG, do CS.
    edited May 2017
    Bring back 120k Thunder Strike crits!

Don't worry, those still happen with EQ gear.

My brawler got crit bursted for 112k. I thought it was a Valky. I looked at my combat log, and it was a Zerker. I bet he didn't even have Bloodlust popped. :anguished:
    Vix wrote: »
    Compromise: If you want unequalized BG, then do away with premades. Make everyone solo queue so that the overwhelming players are broken up and distributed across both teams.

Sadly, the way Tera's BG queue system works, people can sync-queue together for a chance to have a premade in the same team.

Also, there is no need for a compromise. Un-equalized FWC was alive and well before the equalized changes. Revert the changes, and it will live again.