[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Rng being Rng (new maid boxes)

When you open 200 Maid to Work boxes and get nothing :^) feelsbadman

Just wondering what everyone else is up to in boxes so far.

50 minutes in and now people are starting to get them on MT

Comments

• NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    200 boxes?

...Kamizuma? e.e
  • Nyanta1177Nyanta1177 ✭✭✭
    NikuroTega wrote: »
    200 boxes?

...Kamizuma? e.e

Thats only about 1.4mil :^) not that much tbh but still not worth.
  • TriggTrigg ✭✭
    The rng was pretty strong in this one, I can only wish you the best of luck. I got a Maid to Order smart box after around 44 loot boxes, I haven't seen anyone getting an emote on TR yet, if people even get alerted about emotes that is.

Also worth noting that the new maid costumes does not appear to trigger old maid emotes like servant bow and kitchen dance, you still need the other costumes for those. Or it was like that in my case anyway.

I will try again for the emote later in the month I guess, but dyeable was pretty cool on an elin.
    QPQfRrb.png
  • ReaperElenaReaperElena ✭✭✭
    I'll say, that's money well spent. The drive of madness that pushes people to gamble more for something they may never get is what RNG is.
  • TeajTeaj ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Oh I feel you, I spent around 150 boxes for the new wyrverns... Oh well, money well spent, cause I didn't get a single one.

• AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    RNG, NOOOOOOOOOO THX.

Though I did get a castanica demons in one box. I might consider trying a couple with my gold.
  • Nyanta1177Nyanta1177 ✭✭✭
    After an hour, 4 have been pulled on MT so far, but they only came in the last 5-10 minutes
  • I didn't get anything either because I'm not stupid enough to buy RnG boxes.
  • VxiVxi ✭✭
    Opened nearly 100 boxes, nothing. Only two listed on TR are for over a mil. These boxes are great.
  • edited May 2017
    Vxi wrote: »
    Opened nearly 100 boxes, nothing. Only two listed on TR are for over a mil. These boxes are great.

It's basically always like that on the first day; says very little about the odds. Wait a week or two. (I'm not saying the odds of these boxes are good or bad, because I didn't buy any and don't know, but I know for sure you can never judge the odds from the first day. Been that way for years.)
  • VxiVxi ✭✭
    edited May 2017

It's basically always like that on the first day; says very little about the odds. Wait a week or two. (I'm not saying the odds of these boxes are good or bad, because I didn't buy any and don't know, but I know for sure you can never judge the odds from the first day. Been that way for years.)

Says a lot about the odds, actually. It's been the same for every new costume loot box. Yeah RNG is RNG and there's no limit to failing, but when there are numerous cases of people opening 100+ boxes and getting nothing and no boxes appear in-game or the economy, something is quite wrong with the designated rate. Even 50 boxes is nearly $100 USD, pretty ridiculous.

I'm not saying the boxes are glitched, but the rate definiately needs to be increased for the amount of value it costs to buy. It doesn't help they actually increased the price of the loot box from 150 to 200 EMP, while keeping the rate as dismal as other new loot box releases.
  • Opened 7 boxes for mine.
  • edited May 2017

Says a lot about the odds, actually. It's been the same for every new costume loot box. Yeah RNG is RNG and there's no limit to failing, but when there are numerous cases of people opening 100+ boxes and getting nothing and no boxes appear in-game or the economy, something is quite wrong with the designated rate. Even 50 boxes is nearly $100 USD, pretty ridiculous.

I'm not saying the boxes are glitched, but the rate definiately needs to be increased for the amount of value it costs to buy. It doesn't help they actually increased the price of the loot box from 150 to 200 EMP, while keeping the rate as dismal as other new loot box releases.

No I just meant broker prices on the first day. The broker prices take a few weeks to settle, and you can't use first day quantity/prices to infer the odds.

If you want me to rant about the fact that they still have no cap on RNG failure for lootboxes, I can, but I've done it so many times that it's old. It's something they tried to fix once, but apparently gave up on because either BHS doesn't like it, or they think it'll cut into sales. I think it's horrible.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    120 boxes and nothing but worthless mats and semis. Not falling for it again.
  • Elinu1 wrote: »
    120 boxes and nothing but worthless mats and semis. Not falling for it again.

Player complained that there was Semi Shortage since no more bonanza boxes. EME has now provided us an outlet for getting more SES :lol: