[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Which would you prefer: a tank class or Thrall of Protection tanking?

2»

Comments

• StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    is strange, im leveling lancer, warrior and brawler, all time im do im with tank mode (im use im with optimal partyes instead no tank/dps parties) because im lazy ( more fast queuques :awesome: ) im only lose agroo with lancer ( im use all treatening cristals in all lv ), no ones valkiries, ninjas and mystics or other broken class stoled me agroo in all leveling dungeons ( besides only in lancer in bol huehuehue ) ans this was when leveling dungeons was buffed ( more hp/endurance and power bosses and resist all stunes )

im guess you get newbies tanks who dont know how agroo works. or they dont know how tank skills works.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashira wrote: »
    Crashira wrote: »
    or full pounding on is crazy instead of the general back-crit setup
    Not everyone plays like you. Instead of spamming backstep or evade, a single sidestep is enough to keep on attacking from the front (or side) without being hit. And in this case, full pounding is the best solution.

Oh look, it's one of these "not everyone plays like you" people...please bro, get clued in, anyone that "plays like me" would be considered to have common sense, not a lazy sod, and has some sense of skill. If you already have a character a 65 and know the game and still refuse to go into leveling dungeons without back crit, then you're just pure lazy, if you head into end game content with full pounding because "a single sidestep is enough to keep on attacking from the front (or side) without being hit." then have fun being kicked from LFGs and possibly even IMs.

in low dungeon nobody care which crystal you have, i checked this theory when i forgot my crystal, it is only in ilev 417 dungeon they start to care what crystal you use
  • DreadweaverDreadweaver ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Thrall is useless. Everything I do, im doing without it. I summon it for endurance buff and dismiss immediately. This thing completely messes my fight! The only thing I can use - vengethrall or boogieman(for ghilieglade usually as I skip those two gatekeeper and guardian). At this point with full healing and full dmg setup of gear(with another crystals, inners, three permaetching rerolled jewelry etc) I just don't need this crap called thrall. It's weak and doesn't hold agro. With crits 2-4 m and regular practice of fighting in a best tank anyway)))while lvled my mystics I tanked myself. Nooned died and it was very fast.
  • u dont use thrall of protection to tank at endgame.
    u cant rlly apply anything lowlvl to 65.
    a tank class will always 100% b superior to a thrall of protection
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Thrall will beat a tank only if the tank doesn't work hard enough or is severely undergeared.

Learning tanks WILL struggle with ToP if they are too defensive (and in low levels you can't actually just facetank hits to do damage so you technically need to use shout quite often)
  • new necromancer class confirmed.
  • czczczczczcz ✭✭✭
    NHHL9WC9GJ wrote: »
    I have 3 Mystics at this point (what I like the different races). Yes you can position with a Thrall, and since a few updates came through you can lock down agro with the ToP. Just move yourself and use the attack and follow commands. Now don't get all [filtered] hurt you so called know it all l337's. I don't tank with my ToP in GS217+ dungeons. I use it for what it's name implies "Protection". If a loose mob comes after me, instead of running around like some nut job I command my thrall to attack that mob to get it off of me. Or if the tank takes some burst damage Il send the thrall in and have a msg macroed for the tank to retreat and grab a mote. If the ToP is Glyph-ed out hes a beast. In pvp hes an arsehole, Kite like a pro! fpr the grammar Nazi's, I left you some typos and err's, bust a nut on it.

Nice necro post.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    I was in a dg once and the tank was complaining his butt off about the thrall keeping aggro :/