[TERA Console] The Grotto of Lost Souls update (v85) is now live! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85

[TERA PC] The 64-bit update (v97) is now live. Check out all the changes delivered on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] Summerfest Part 2: The Beach Bash is on from August 11 until September 1! Participate in event activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Tera Online Support Problem

2»

Comments

• Wow, you got a response from a GM? That's the biggest hangup why I won't pay and go elite, my 4 day old ticket has never been addressed, (for some reason after a dungeon some times I'm stuck with a party member that wont go away, so I can't enter dungeons or battle grounds) I figured I have to log out or exit and re enter but still looks like they could answer a ticket. :)
  • FlorettaSoupFlorettaSoup ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    FTGXG3JLCA wrote: »
    Wow, you got a response from a GM? That's the biggest hangup why I won't pay and go elite, my 4 day old ticket has never been addressed, (for some reason after a dungeon some times I'm stuck with a party member that wont go away, so I can't enter dungeons or battle grounds) I figured I have to log out or exit and re enter but still looks like they could answer a ticket. :)

You just have to type /drop and press enter to leave the party, there's no auto-leave-when-dungeon-is-done system.
    And by the way, often just asking to more experienced players will get you an answer to your problem faster and more easily than contacting support, just ask in global or in your guild.
  • Cobraul2 wrote: »
    Werebunny wrote: »
    I had several characters merged on that as well, luckily they were name holders.

As for the ticket. It's pretty abrasive, you basically started with bad conversation opener and kinda jumped down their throat a bit.

As for the free server transfer it did take place, you happened to be gone according to your comments. However you can't expect a business to give free transfers years out past the free move event. They may have been more helpful to you if it had been maybe a month BUT you can't go wording things dickkish and expect grade A service.

They do block/ban for all types of behavior, abusing their system can cause lots of hard feelings both ways.

Next time in any game with support, have someone proof read your wording as it can make a huge difference between good and bad outcomes.

Good luck with playing games either way! (not being sarcastic)

Funny how my comment on your comment got deleted. I will not write it again.
    Thx!

Wasn't even aware you replied. Hopefully you are back in game, doing what you love.
  • Werebunny wrote: »
    Cobraul2 wrote: »
    Werebunny wrote: »
    I had several characters merged on that as well, luckily they were name holders.

As for the ticket. It's pretty abrasive, you basically started with bad conversation opener and kinda jumped down their throat a bit.

As for the free server transfer it did take place, you happened to be gone according to your comments. However you can't expect a business to give free transfers years out past the free move event. They may have been more helpful to you if it had been maybe a month BUT you can't go wording things dickkish and expect grade A service.

They do block/ban for all types of behavior, abusing their system can cause lots of hard feelings both ways.

Next time in any game with support, have someone proof read your wording as it can make a huge difference between good and bad outcomes.

Good luck with playing games either way! (not being sarcastic)

Funny how my comment on your comment got deleted. I will not write it again.
    Thx!

Wasn't even aware you replied. Hopefully you are back in game, doing what you love.

No, same problem and I can't play. They didn't do anything and they are waiting for me to pay to play. Or delete an character. Why to play when they do things like this? How many times it will happen? Do I need to pay every time? Or to delete my work every time? I just don't want to accept this! Being punished without doing anything.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    The question is rather how do you manage to exceed 17 characters in 3 servers lol. Also since 99% of the players only focus on one/two servers especially when the merge consists of 1 PvE and 2 PvP servers, and judging by the fact that you hate pvp, chances are you actually have enough space if you delete the ones originally created in Lake of Tears and Valley of Titans.

Just delete the lowtier alts you aren't playing lol. It is not like you really lose much (if you have all characters with 50k gold ++ in cash shop items, you would basically be a mini kamizuma, and levelling 65 isn't what most people even call effort anymore). Sure you lose the character and the name, but the chance where you will play it enough to warrant it to stay is beyond belief.

Regardless, deleting a character only puts the character in deletion state. You should (still be) probably be issued 4 character slots when you first log into Fey Forest iirc. Hopefully that is enough to cover your alts
  • aeee98 wrote: »
    The question is rather how do you manage to exceed 17 characters in 3 servers lol. Also since 99% of the players only focus on one/two servers especially when the merge consists of 1 PvE and 2 PvP servers, and judging by the fact that you hate pvp, chances are you actually have enough space if you delete the ones originally created in Lake of Tears and Valley of Titans.

Just delete the lowtier alts you aren't playing lol. It is not like you really lose much (if you have all characters with 50k gold ++ in cash shop items, you would basically be a mini kamizuma, and levelling 65 isn't what most people even call effort anymore). Sure you lose the character and the name, but the chance where you will play it enough to warrant it to stay is beyond belief.

Regardless, deleting a character only puts the character in deletion state. You should (still be) probably be issued 4 character slots when you first log into Fey Forest iirc. Hopefully that is enough to cover your alts

I have 4 characters and they put all of them on 1 server. Max 3 characters on 1 server.
    How did you even came to the conclusion that I hate PvP? :| I played just on PvP servers.
    The thing is not that I don't have what to do. The thing is that they f*uked me and now I need to pay. :| Enmasse Tera Online service.
  • Hi enmasse! When will you do something about this problem?
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    This is not a Tera Online problem.

This is not a customer service problem.

This is a YOU problem, because you don't understand how a business works.

___

They gave people ample notice that services provided would be changing. They gave people ample warning that there would be free transfers for a limited time. You cannot show up 9 months after that free time ends, and expect to get something free.

I'm sorry that your excuse is "real life," because that is not an excuse.

EME is a business, and TERA is a service they provide to you free of charge.

If you received a notice from your cell phone provider that services were being changed, and you had one month to respond to that notice, and you respond NINE months later... the problem is on you. No company will honor anything that has already had almost a year elapse.

There is an easy solution: buy an extra character slot, or delete a character.

I'm sorry, but you seem like you don't understand how a business works. Perhaps you should play another game, and when you are an adult that pays your own bills, you can realize how the world works.
  • Cobraul2Cobraul2 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    This is an enmasse problem, because they cause problems to the customers and then they come with solutions for money.
    They caused me a problem and to be resolved I need to pay them.
    They told us that they will make server transfers and that we have free transfers if we want to transfer to another server. Yes? No problem, I didn't cared if my characters are on another pvp server. But they didn't told us that they will transfer all our characters on one server and then we will get blocked because of too many characters on one server! :| And they knew this. I didn't and when I came back, I found out. They blocked me indirectly. I asked for help and they asked for money. :| They created the problem and they came with a solution for money. I don't need server transfers. It's fine for me where the characters are. But I'm blocked! I need to get unblocked. And for that I need server transfers. And for that I need to pay. And don't tell me about business, because this is bad!
    You people don't realize a simple thing. The make us problems and then we need to pay for them.
  • ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    As much as I understand everyone's reasoning this situation IS extremely bad beacause you get completly locked out of your characters in that server they got transfered to if you don't have enough character slots.

It happened to me and I was just lucky the characters I had in that server were just to try things out so I didn't level them up much because I wasn't even allowed to log in in any of them to at least check what I would loose by deleting one. Stil lost gold and mats that I could have sold or used...

Imagine you had 65s in every server and no spare character slot, then they merge some and one of your 65s(fully geared and such) gets transffered (ignoring the free transfers here for the sake of making things simple) to a server in which you have all the slots occupied and suddenly you are Forced to delete one of them so you can login into that server... it's bad. Not everyone can keep buying character slots because of server merges :/

Either way I don't think there's much one can do now to solve this, they did give a warning beforehand so you can't blame them..
  • I can take the time to tell my story too, I suppose. Due to some tough irl situations, I stopped playing somewhere around just before the server merge hearing there would be some changes to a few servers. I could not muster the energy to comprehend what it was about, so I moved on to some other game instead.

Now I'm back, for how long is yet to be seen, and the result of the merge feels like a kick to the guts. Still, I can take that. I wasn't there at the time of the (badly executed) merge, now I know there were things I could have done, and even if there could have been better ways to make the playerbase happy, though more taxing ways (say, one free character transfer per character in affected server for one week after the first login after the merge) they didn't do that, and I didn't do what I (unknowingly) could have.

In my case, it's not about "too many characters", it's about "I am to pvp like water is to a goose", and therefore I hope to bite the bullet and escape to a non-pvp server with my characters before they reach 65. The server transfers aren't yet working, and I kinda hope they will get a fix before christmas.

TL:DR - Yes, it was poorly executed. Now it's time to deal with that in one of the previously mentioned ways. Delete a character, buy a transfer (for whenever those get working again, lol...) or some other way.

As a side note, CassandraTR, if you continue to tell people to find another game, you'll soon be the only one left in Tera.
  • Cobraul2Cobraul2 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Finally! Some people who understand ( because they are almost in the same situation and feel the pain ). Thank you!
  • edited August 2017
    Mauv wrote: »
    In my case, it's not about "too many characters", it's about "I am to pvp like water is to a goose", and therefore I hope to bite the bullet and escape to a non-pvp server with my characters before they reach 65.
    Just want to mention that the odds of actually even encountering unwanted PvP are extremely small. I don't come from a PvP background, but when all this started happening I created characters on the PvP worlds just to see if I'd ever run into anything --- and honestly, I haven't. Everywhere you need to go at level 65 is a safe zone. So while I understand that it isn't your preference and you may have bad impressions from what you've heard/seen in other games (and even past TERA), I wouldn't worry that much. This is the only type of server that has ever existed in Korea, Japan, and most other regions since the get-go, so it's designed to accommodate all types of players.

Aside this... well, not that it helps at this point, but the lesson learned is that even if you're going to take a break from an MMO, try to keep checking the email on your account just in case anything comes up. There was a lot of notice and opportunities to do transfers, but it's not something they are technically able to keep going into perpetuity.