Fps/Performance

Hi to all.
I know the game really really sucks in term of optimization. But i need to know what re your Fps at large scale pvp.
I was on VO Yesterday and 2 big guilds start to killing each other, like 25/30 in screen. My fps go down to 15/20fps, more near i go to the action, more announced is the fps drop. If i move the camera away for the battle, it improves to 30.

Out of that zone, like going 100/200 meters away (no visual of the other chars) it got normalized on 70/90 fps.

My specs are from 2014.
i5 2500k
Hd sapphire 7850 oc 2gb
8 gb ram ddr3.

How is your fps on battles and what is your specs?? (Im thinking on change the vga soon to a rx480 strix 8gb)

Comments

• i7 4790k
    GTX 980ti sc+ acx2.0
    16gb ddr4
    I play on preset 3
    Usually have 40-60fps for in vo
    If there is a giant raid of aids usually 20-40fps
    During rally bam 2-10fps unless I crash xdd
    In dgs 50-80
  • Great.
    So if improve the vga maybe will get a little buffed fps in VO.

Anyways, there is no reason to improve pc on a 2012 game. BHS need to work a little here. Before the new classes, my only drama was on Nexus with 100+ on screen (Battle there was truly imposible).
    But then CS/FWC... No problem. Stable 50fps at least no matter if both rides stick togheter. Problem seems to be the new classes effects animations, reapers and gunners specially overcharging the scene. They must work on something. I will improve my pc anyways because im waiting Mount and Blade Bannerlords and i want to play it very full graphics.
  • RolyRoly ✭✭
    With max setting 25-30 FPS in stress content like PvP is normal and ofc is depend of your computer and the most important part, your processor.

-Max Setting 1080p

-Max Setting 4k

NO differences in FPS at all... so is not GPU issue... Is the Multi-core CPU that doesn't work well in TERA Engine. end of the story.
  • Im afraid u re right. This is so bad optimized like gta 4, then the proccessor is making most of the gpu work
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    Roly wrote: »
    With max setting 25-30 FPS in stress content like PvP is normal and ofc is depend of your computer and the most important part, your processor.

-Max Setting 1080p

-Max Setting 4k

NO differences in FPS at all... so is not GPU issue... Is the Multi-core CPU that doesn't work well in TERA Engine. end of the story.

What's your PC specs to get that kind of performance?
  • RolyRoly ✭✭
    The GPU is important yea but not most than CPU in this specific engine, TERA is very dependent of CPU Clock and Cache Memory.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to TERA, where the more powerful your system is, the worst the game performs.
  • In 2013 i used to play this "decent" on a crappy laptop with Amd x3 and 4gb ram. Yeah, minimal graphic but 40/50fps tho. Right now the same laptop cant move the game anymore. :(
  • edited May 2017
    Getting around 15~30 FPS while massive fight in CS, but normally 30~40 FPS.
    And my spec is i5-63200U, INTEL HD 520, and my s1engine.ini is optimized.

The main reason why game is so slow is becuz of UI. I heard they are redesigning whole UI for releasing of PS4 and XBOX version since console has weaker CPU than PC's. So my guess is that applying those console version's UI to PC version will solve whole optimization problem lol
  • Getting around 15~30 FPS while massive fight in CS, but normally 30~40 FPS.
    And my spec is i5-63200U, INTEL HD 520, and my s1engine.ini is optimized.

The main reason why game is so slow is becuz of UI. I heard they are redesigning whole UI for releasing of PS4 and XBOX version since console has weaker CPU than PC's. So my guess is that applying those console version's UI to PC version will solve whole optimization problem lol

is [filtered] time they optimize the UI. Game is like 6 years old or more and they do nothing regarding optimizations. Too many cute elin costumes, new gear to make us spend money but... 0 work on the game
  • 5H96Y49G6D5H96Y49G6D ✭✭✭
    Game wasnt designed proprrly for mass pvp

Infact many games cant do it which is ironic cuz mmo gamers preach massive BG yet majority of games that have it suck [filtered] on the implementation
  • 7798053d145f4d8b8ac66ac990519b32.png
    This is how tera works on any computer
  • haha yes.
    I will get a i7 7770k too, hope this grant my some extra fps (not very important because no hardware can improve my 220 ping tho) :p