[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

How does Veldeg's "Beware!" work exactly?

Comments

• c0gc0g ✭✭
    Haloist wrote: »
    c0g wrote: »
    C'mon fellers, who needs gear when we has the skill? Everybody run the dung with 1 HP, leggo!

Have anything else that's constructive to add to the thread? Or are you just advertising to everyone that you're a troll and shouldn't be taken seriously?

Yes, troll agrees with you that "assuming the mechanic was done properly, if the party did the mechanics right, then it shouldn't matter if we have op gear or not; we should all survive if we have the minimum ilvl required (with proper gear rolls and crystals of course)." :)
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Haloist wrote: »
    C'mon fellers, who needs gear when we has the skill? Everybody run the dung with 1 HP, leggo!

Have anything else that's constructive to add to the thread? Or are you just advertising to everyone that you're a troll and shouldn't be taken seriously?

Yes, troll agrees with you that "assuming the mechanic was done properly, if the party did the mechanics right, then it shouldn't matter if we have op gear or not; we should all survive if we have the minimum ilvl required (with proper gear rolls and crystals of course)." :)

Well, part of the mechanic is actually having enough hp to take the hit, and having more than 100k hp is definitely way past the minimum ilevel required assuming you only have one healer. Your troll is backfiring on you lol.
  • two mystics can take turns to dispell... they have a seperate cooldown on regression, same with 2 priests
  • Cringing at some of these responses. In my experience the damage is also based on endurance. I was on discord with my priest friend so we were debuffing properly. My mystic in +12 guile was getting 1 shot still through kaias. Nobody else. This happened twice. Switched out fleetfoot for another hardy and turned on bravery, then started taking the proper amount of damage, around 70k.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exbrah wrote: »
    Switched out fleetfoot for another hardy

I despair...
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    Cringing at some of these responses. In my experience the damage is also based on endurance. I was on discord with my priest friend so we were debuffing properly. My mystic in +12 guile was getting 1 shot still through kaias. Nobody else. This happened twice. Switched out fleetfoot for another hardy and turned on bravery, then started taking the proper amount of damage, around 70k.

There should be no reason you should be using anything other than 4 Hardies, unless you are a Sorc who needs a Glisteningly to actually DPS.

Damage reduction is additive. Losing 8.1% damage reduction makes you take a lot more than 8.1% damage.

If you have proper rolls on your gear you should easily be able to survive with or without Kaias.
  • HaloistHaloist ✭✭✭
    Cringing at some of these responses. In my experience the damage is also based on endurance. I was on discord with my priest friend so we were debuffing properly. My mystic in +12 guile was getting 1 shot still through kaias. Nobody else. This happened twice. Switched out fleetfoot for another hardy and turned on bravery, then started taking the proper amount of damage, around 70k.

Yo thanks for your input. I think we have established by now the fact that endurance does matter. But there's still another question that's unanswered. Why is his damage output so inconsistent sometimes? Cuz during 1 fight, there are times when the party takes almost no damage with Kaia, then there are times where they get hit like a truck even with Kaia, Yes I do understand that ENRAGE does increased damage, but is it the ONLY thing that's contributing to such discrepancies?

Some guesses I've made with help of this thread:
    1) Does the number of raid members who are alive affect the damage?
    (i.e. Is it a mechanic that uses Shared/Split Damage?)

2) Does standing in the fire AOE during Beware affect the damage?
    (i.e. Does taking damage from the fire AOE decrease the damage?)

3) Does it matter if raid members are grouped together or spread out at the end of the mechanic?

4) Does the timing of the dispels matter?
    (I'm not talking about "mystic dispel first and priest dispel second" or vice versa. The Berserker's Leaping Strike icon that has to be dispelled appears for a short duration. What I'm asking here is whether dispelling it early or late affects the damage.)
    What about lancer buffs? That can make a world of difference...
  • ExbrahExbrah
    edited May 2017
    TWMagimay wrote: »

I despair...

??? It was from RM patch where you're never in combat aside from first boss. I bet you still wore healing crystals during SSHM instead of poundings. Stay on topic instead of making toxic posts.

I despair...

??? It was from RM patch where you're never in combat aside from first boss. I bet you still wore healing crystals during SSHM instead of poundings. Stay on topic instead of making toxic posts.

There's no such thing as "healing crystals" for weapon. Also, you are wrong about the combat.
  • TWMagimay wrote: »

I despair...

There's no such thing as "healing crystals" for weapon. Also, you are wrong about the combat.

Semantics. You know full well what I meant. And no, I'm not. First boss you were in combat most of the time as a mystic due to the aoes and corruption ring trick to keep boss straight. Other bosses had very few mechanics that would put you in combat.

I despair...

Semantics. You know full well what I meant. And no, I'm not. First boss you were in combat most of the time as a mystic due to the aoes and corruption ring trick to keep boss straight. Other bosses had very few mechanics that would put you in combat.

Actually, I don't. because there is no such thing as healing crystals. What you put in your weapon depends on what you are doing at that specific moment(or, well, what you can afford to put in it). There's a huge difference between "never" and "sometimes". To think anyone would actually defend using fleetfoot.... That I really did not see coming...
  • I can show you screenshots of all the top server runs I've been on over the last few patches. I've played this game since CB, yet you feel the need to keep downtalking me because fleetfoot triggers you so much. It's hilarious. Fleetfoot is fine in boring, easy dungeons like RM. It's 31 MS at a loss of a hardy. Why are you even getting hit as a mystic anyway? Do you have any top server runs? Are you top 10 on MG on anything? Why do you feel the need to keep replying to me?
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I can show you screenshots of all the top server runs I've been on over the last few patches. I've played this game since CB, yet you feel the need to keep downtalking me because fleetfoot triggers you so much. It's hilarious. Fleetfoot is fine in boring, easy dungeons like RM. It's 31 MS at a loss of a hardy. Why are you even getting hit as a mystic anyway? Do you have any top server runs? Are you top 10 on MG on anything? Why do you feel the need to keep replying to me?

I don't think you realize how much damage reduction a Hardy actually gives. Against Enraged monsters with full Hardy Dyads and no Poisedly Dyads, you go from 72.9% DR to 64.4% DR, meaning you take about 30% more damage.
  • ExbrahExbrah
    edited May 2017
    Obs wrote: »
    I can show you screenshots of all the top server runs I've been on over the last few patches. I've played this game since CB, yet you feel the need to keep downtalking me because fleetfoot triggers you so much. It's hilarious. Fleetfoot is fine in boring, easy dungeons like RM. It's 31 MS at a loss of a hardy. Why are you even getting hit as a mystic anyway? Do you have any top server runs? Are you top 10 on MG on anything? Why do you feel the need to keep replying to me?

I don't think you realize how much damage reduction a Hardy actually gives. Against Enraged monsters with full Hardy Dyads and no Poisedly Dyads, you go from 72.9% DR to 64.4% DR, meaning you take about 30% more damage.

I fully understand the math. This is old news. My mystic was still geared towards RM, where everything is a 1 shot on mystics no matter if you're 4 hardies or relentless for spheres. In my original comment it was everyone's first time in VHHM on the first day it was released. Nobody knew if it was fixed or how it worked. It was literally the only thing that killed me twice and I swapped mid-combat. I remember seeing your ninja on MG with respectable damage during SSHM patch, so I don't know if you play healers. But you'd know how little 4 hardies actually matter in the hardest zone of the patch where you still get 1 shot by most attacks. Mystics shouldn't be getting hit, period.

I'm sorry the fleetfoot triggered both of you, but sometimes I like to be a racecar. It's time to stop derailing the thread.