[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

How does Veldeg's "Beware!" work exactly?

Comments

• TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Exbrah wrote: »
    Obs wrote: »
    I can show you screenshots of all the top server runs I've been on over the last few patches. I've played this game since CB, yet you feel the need to keep downtalking me because fleetfoot triggers you so much. It's hilarious. Fleetfoot is fine in boring, easy dungeons like RM. It's 31 MS at a loss of a hardy. Why are you even getting hit as a mystic anyway? Do you have any top server runs? Are you top 10 on MG on anything? Why do you feel the need to keep replying to me?

I don't think you realize how much damage reduction a Hardy actually gives. Against Enraged monsters with full Hardy Dyads and no Poisedly Dyads, you go from 72.9% DR to 64.4% DR, meaning you take about 30% more damage.

I fully understand the math. This is old news. My mystic was still geared towards RM, where everything is a 1 shot on mystics no matter if you're 4 hardies or relentless for spheres. In my original comment it was everyone's first time in VHHM on the first day it was released. Nobody knew if it was fixed or how it worked. It was literally the only thing that killed me twice and I swapped mid-combat. I remember seeing your ninja on MG with respectable damage during SSHM patch, so I don't know if you play healers. But you'd know how little 4 hardies actually matter in the hardest zone of the patch where you still get 1 shot by most attacks. Mystics shouldn't be getting hit, period.

I'm sorry the fleetfoot triggered both of you, but sometimes I like to be a racecar. It's time to stop derailing the thread.

If you don't know why a healer gets hit, you just aren't good enough to understand it and there's no point trying to explain it to you. And if you need a fleetfoot to move when out of combat, you are really very bad at positioning yourself.
  • ExbrahExbrah
    edited May 2017
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    I can show you screenshots of all the top server runs I've been on over the last few patches. I've played this game since CB, yet you feel the need to keep downtalking me because fleetfoot triggers you so much. It's hilarious. Fleetfoot is fine in boring, easy dungeons like RM. It's 31 MS at a loss of a hardy. Why are you even getting hit as a mystic anyway? Do you have any top server runs? Are you top 10 on MG on anything? Why do you feel the need to keep replying to me?

I don't think you realize how much damage reduction a Hardy actually gives. Against Enraged monsters with full Hardy Dyads and no Poisedly Dyads, you go from 72.9% DR to 64.4% DR, meaning you take about 30% more damage.

I fully understand the math. This is old news. My mystic was still geared towards RM, where everything is a 1 shot on mystics no matter if you're 4 hardies or relentless for spheres. In my original comment it was everyone's first time in VHHM on the first day it was released. Nobody knew if it was fixed or how it worked. It was literally the only thing that killed me twice and I swapped mid-combat. I remember seeing your ninja on MG with respectable damage during SSHM patch, so I don't know if you play healers. But you'd know how little 4 hardies actually matter in the hardest zone of the patch where you still get 1 shot by most attacks. Mystics shouldn't be getting hit, period.

I'm sorry the fleetfoot triggered both of you, but sometimes I like to be a racecar. It's time to stop derailing the thread.

If you don't know why a healer gets hit, you just aren't good enough to understand it and there's no point trying to explain it to you. And if you need a fleetfoot to move when out of combat, you are really very bad at positioning yourself.

Don't need fleetfoot, or any crystals on healer. Your reading comprehension is some of the worst I've seen on these forums. Mystics were supposed to stay out of combat to maximize hurricane uptimes, while priest healed in hurricane. Please enlighten me as to why you should be face tanking hits on mystic or even proof of you doing it in the hardest zone to benefit your party, and then send a screenshot of any competitive run that you've been on. Sounds like you're the bad healer my dude.
    edited May 2017

Don't need fleetfoot, or any crystals on healer. Your reading comprehension is some of the worst I've seen on these forums. Mystics were supposed to stay out of combat to maximize hurricane uptimes, while priest healed in hurricane. Please enlighten me as to why you should be face tanking hits on mystic or even proof of you doing it in the hardest zone to benefit your party, and then send a screenshot of any competitive run that you've been on. Sounds like you're the bad healer my dude.

Ressing a tank under swipe in HH to prevent a wipe comes to mind. But I guess you wouldn't know anything about that because you are too good to be able to do anything but run away real fast. Also, you don't need to stay out of combat to maintain hurricane, you just need to be out of combat at the right times. I might be bad but at least I have yet to die because I don't know what crystals to use. When you start with "And I got 1shot because of my choice in crystals" and then proceed to defend said choice in crystals, you lose the right to call others bad.
  • ExbrahExbrah
    edited May 2017
    Never said I used FF everywhere, or that it's better than a hardy. I stated that I liked to use it in RM because it was a boring zone, and my mystic was still geared towards it. That VHHM was on first day of patch. Nobody knew it was affected by endurance/damage reduction and my mystic was the lowest geared in the party. I contributed information to the OP, and you're flaming me for it. You should be out of combat before hurricane comes off CD every 2m, not when it does to min/max it.

You're assuming too much. And if you go back to look I'm only defending it in RM, where there's a lot of running for mystics. That's also not what I started with at all. Didn't choose crystals at all before going into the zone, I switched because group needed a mystic. Tha's just a meme you created to try and make me look stupid. Still waiting on those top runs of yours btw. I've got plenty to show if you want to see them. Also your facetanking comment only applies to healing head in HH, nowhere else in the game I can think of you should be facetanking hits aside from tricks with CR.
    You're assuming too much.

You are funny.
  • TWMagimay wrote: »

You are funny.

And you're a joke.
    edited May 2017

You are funny.

And you're a joke.

I rather be a joke than a hypocrite. Good job on not derailing the topic btw.
  • TWMagimay wrote: »

You are funny.

And you're a joke.

Weird, because it looks like you swung at me first, I just swing back harder.

You are funny.

And you're a joke.

Weird, because it looks like you swung at me first, I just swing back harder.

You swung harder? K. And what does that have to do with anything? I said nothing about shots fired, did I?
  • HaloistHaloist ✭✭✭
    Well back to the topic guys. Today I another run of vhhm on my mystic, and I was dealt 150k dmg even with both buffs dispelled, and the whole raid died, so I really dunno what is up with the Beware mechanic. If anyone has concrete proof of how this mechanic works, I would appreciate it if you could enlighten me here. Otherwise, this thread is better closed.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    Haloist wrote: »
    Well back to the topic guys. Today I another run of vhhm on my mystic, and I was dealt 150k dmg even with both buffs dispelled, and the whole raid died, so I really dunno what is up with the Beware mechanic. If anyone has concrete proof of how this mechanic works, I would appreciate it if you could enlighten me here. Otherwise, this thread is better closed.

If you could check the damage taken to see which number pops up that would be great. Account for Kaias (about 39k) and see if it's actually flat damage or whether it's affected by gear. If it is, which rolls do you have on your gear? If you're missing a damage reduction line (flat, frontal, enraged) or a Hardy crystal, that might mean you're taking a lot more damage than you should be,

Every single time I've done this dungeon and with the buffs dispelled properly (if you're dispelling at the last second you might be too late) my raid has taken proper damage. I haven't died even on a Guile Priest without Kaias.
  • HaloistHaloist ✭✭✭
    If you could check the damage taken to see which number pops up that would be great. Account for Kaias (about 39k) and see if it's actually flat damage or whether it's affected by gear.

What do you mean by this tho? If you meant whether the damage number was a nice number like 150000 then it wasn't, so it's probably not flat damage.
    However, I was in full damage reduction rolls and full hardy, and so were the other members, so it's not a matter of rolls/crystals.
    If you could check the damage taken to see which number pops up that would be great. Account for Kaias (about 39k) and see if it's actually flat damage or whether it's affected by gear.

What do you mean by this tho? If you meant whether the damage number was a nice number like 150000 then it wasn't, so it's probably not flat damage.
    However, I was in full damage reduction rolls and full hardy, and so were the other members, so it's not a matter of rolls/crystals.

It's either a glitch or the healers messed up. If everything is done right, you are not supposed to get 1shot. Because that'd be stupid.
  • EllieChuEllieChu ✭✭✭
    I dont see any issue in running FF in RMHM like the guy above was mentioning. I ran RMHM in slaughter on my healers, even if i ran x4 hardies or no crystals at all i would get oneshot, still ran the dungeon just fine. He didnt mention HH so pointing out the ''healing a tank under Vergo's paw can save a raid'' point is kind of moot.

Staying on topic tho, you must have messed up badly in your VHHM run if you get oneshot during the mechanic. Maybe you tanked too many hits inside the circle, maybe you messed up a regress/plague. Either way you shouldnt have died if you did it properly
  • ExbrahExbrah
    edited May 2017
    I ran some VHHM the other day on a DD and was in discord with the healers and a couple others in the group. They plagued/regressed it properly and it acted as if only 1 debuff was dispelled. Mystic got 1 shot, everyone else almost died. I'm starting to think it's just a buggy mechanic.

It's either a glitch or the healers messed up. If everything is done right, you are not supposed to get 1shot. Because that'd be stupid.

I found your mystic on MG. Nice trashcans in a NM. xdddd