Pc opinions !

the time to upgrade my pc has come.
in cpu im pretty sure im going for i7 7700k but my doubt is about G.card.

2 options for me:
1- Gtx 1060 (dual fan)
2- rx480 Strix 8gb

From what i ve seen, 1060 have a slight more Fps, but, the 480strix is considerable more cooler with the temps.

Im not those kind of "freaky" who goes mad if the game is not running at 60+fps all the time, tbh i can enjoy the game at 50 with nice graphics details. And i can play focused more on the game if my Gpu is not going beyond 65°... (Yes im a little obsesive with that).

For now, my vote is with amd strix, but i dont know yet... What would u do?

Comments

• Get what fits you. Look at benchmarks of those GPUs on the games you play or plan to play. If your monitor is only 60hz, get a card that at least hits 60 FPS. I don't know the prices for you, but the 580 and 480 are cheaper than the 1060 3GB, but the AMD cards have 4G of RAM. If you want physics, then okay, but even in 1080p, a lot of games are using 3G or more of VRAM. Generally, a graphic card is a graphics card, unless it has like a 100+ OC out the box, but even then, I don't see the justification of the 10%-20% price premium.
  • having a i7700 must be nice....i can only dream to have one xDD
  • Busou wrote: »
    having a i7700 must be nice....i can only dream to have one xDD

For now, i can only dream too xd i need to save several money to that buy.
    Here in Argentina this things costs twice than in NA.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance wise depends on games, although if you only use a 60 refresh rate monitor then it won't matter which one there as both would maintain ~60 for any game that isn't Tera basically.

As for thermals, generally Nvidia cards consume less power which results in them staying cooler if cooled properly. Thermals vary between which version of the card you get though and your system configuration.
  • Are you sure you can't buy a GTX 1070??
    If you're buying a RX480, it is a bit less than the 1070, and way better than the 1060.
    but since you gave the options, RX480 > 1070 for gaming overall, though it seems like Nvidia > AMD for TERA(it depends varies on the optimizations).
  • Busou wrote: »

For now, i can only dream too xd i need to save several money to that buy.
    Here in Argentina this things costs twice than in NA.

tell me about it........i live Uruguay, it cost more tham twice here xDD
    My potato-pc cost cost me a more tham i wanna remenber xDD
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Busou wrote: »

wait 3 years ;)
  • vkobe wrote: »
    Busou wrote: »

wait 3 years ;)

that one cost 439 dollars and the 7700k 515 .......it will be a 3 years long dream xDD