[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Noct situation

Comments

• Tewii wrote: »
    Would be nice to get DSU back so we could get more noct boxes *coughcough*

I second this .

also ignoring Steven's obvious ignorant comment lol... obviously knows nothing about the game if that's his response ..
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Before spacecats start any noct box event...

The reason why nocts are burnt so much is because of endgame runs where everyone wants to be quick.

When I first did the buffed TSNM in guile, I burnt 600 nocts on my brawler just to hold aggro. Then again it could be much less if one of the dps doesn't end up being a floormat. I estimate even in misery if I were to use nocts for fast runs I will still at least burn 200-300 nocts a run, which is negative returns.

Buying nocts from newbies seem like the best idea at the moment. As expensive as it might sound, it is the easiest way to ensure that it is a market issue rather than a "no one knows how to sell" issue. OP is however right in a sense where there should be a way to make noctenium more accessible to highend players without just blindly hyperinflating the market with nocteniums.

Devilzweed wrote: »
    i had 800k nocts from dsu and it lasted me 2 patches, my point is if they added a way to farm nocts which high end players consume so much of maybe the fresh players on tera have another way to afford their gear which is always good.

It is honestly not a bad idea lol.

1) Add noctenium to the daily reward for low-tier dungeons. Even just 30/badge will make a huge difference.

2) Add noctenium to vanguard rewards. Honestly I don't think this is a very good idea considering there are many things to consider while buying items atm

3) Add uncommon noctenium (the consumable not the converter) into battleground jackpots. Better than 1 feedstock I guess.

4) Bring back alliance

5) Maybe add noctenium reward to IoD dailies? Idk it would just mean that IoD dailies will have more value over dungeon dailies so I guess not. Maybe increase the value of nocteniums gained in mid/high tier dungeons.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can offer a solution, BHS kind of solution. Remove Noct totally and let player sell remains to vendors. No?

But in seriousness of the thread, lets talk about Noct, why and when it needs to be used, which classes gain more benefits, which class can skip, better use noct infusion or using the elixir one, how much difference for healer, dps, tank.

Understanding those elements can help playerss specially new ones and also why a source of supply even a limited one can help. I call those names to enlighten us =)
  • WoofulsWoofuls ✭✭
    Just need to run DSU for 250k noct, and you're set for life.
  • Why not just put it in a merchant for like 1g50s ea? Would give us the gold sink we need too
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just put it in a merchant for like 1g50s ea? Would give us the gold sink we need too

Merchants aren't gold sinks. http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/civil-unrest-velika/
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the counterargument: Thanks to recent events(and I don't just mean mongo but also the gutting of crafting, nerfing of story quests, never updating certain low tier quests etc.), the "plebs" don't have a lot of sources of income. Nocteniums is one of the few things low tier players can sell for profit. Taking that away doesn't seem quite, erm, fair just because tryhards are too cheap to buy them.
  • @TWMagimay magi you are supposed to support me here
  • nocs are fine, its not even something which should be used every run, the fact that elitist are using it every run means nocs price should go up even more.
  • I used to spend time farming nocs in alliance territory. EME can't do much regarding nocs. The fact that they actually drop in dungeons as a reward is something fairly new to the game. However, it would be nice if there were farmable nocs in say, CU territory or something, since for the most part its a highly unused area (besides 2 hours on Saturday). By farmable, I mean the crafting materials by gathering, and then an NPC with the fusion material. Nocs vary in price per server as well by a huge degree. 1 gold on one server, 2 gold on another. Might not seem like much, but thats a 100% difference. Not many items vary by that percentage from server to server.
  • KirelyKirely ✭✭
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    priest use nocts to have more debuff time on Triple nemesis

ehm.... ??????????????
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    solution: BHS bring back alliance to farm mobs for noct tissue :awesome:
    and i get to farm those masks again :awesome:
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    This is more a class consume rate issue than a supply issue.

I have 100k noc in my bank and i never farmed dsu. All my nocs come from vanguards.
    As archer i break even the noc after every dungeon run. When i get vm9 and thr runs being faster i probably will consume less noc than get from quests.

Bhs tried to compensate that with the uncommon nocs. Lancers / warriors can use way more than 500 nocs during a 10min fight. But we dont have a 10min fight in tera and the walking between bosses waste that time. Would be good if we had the 30min that eu have that uses less noc/time. This probably will resolve the issue for high noc consume rate classes
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    Why not just put it in a merchant for like 1g50s ea? Would give us the gold sink we need too

Merchants aren't gold sinks. http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/civil-unrest-velika/

in other hands CU is a scam. They basically print money left and right and give it to the top guilds that control CU. Yay. Nice GvG revamp you did eh...
    No wonder I fould it weird that I got money out of nowhere when I was in guilds and did some small guild stuff to help them.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Yamazuki wrote: »

in other hands CU is a scam. They basically print money left and right and give it to the top guilds that control CU. Yay. Nice GvG revamp you did eh...
    No wonder I fould it weird that I got money out of nowhere when I was in guilds and did some small guild stuff to help them.

You'd get money even without CU if the GM distributes the guild funds gained from guild quests.