[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Noct situation

1246

Comments

  • Harrowhold was actually pretty good for this it gave you 1400 I think which usually left me with more than I went in with even if I was using it. An event that had noct would be very welcome though. Maybe put noct boxes in the anniversary shop?
  • Tfw all the old dsu players tell me 250k noc is enough for a lifetime and sometimes you blow through 30k a week as a brawler..

    tfw the guy who says he has 800k noc saved and doesn't need anymore is a priest/sorc main .-.

    The problem in my eyes is not that they haven't given out noc in the past, but that there isn't a steady supply to help both new and old/returning players. Yes, players like to gouge others players, and we are starting to see a disconnect between rich and poor, even more so than skill based imo, with these loooooong patch times. Anyone who sticks around obviously reaps the benefits of 9 months worth of patch. There's nothing inherently wrong with this, and let's be honest, noc isn't even that big of a deal, generally up there with lamb for parse runs or just tanks having trouble with aggro, but the prices don't lie, people like to tryhard, or need that extra boost at the beginning of a patch.

    The more I think about it, the more it's already too late for a noctenium event. What's done is done, omst people who try to run in there are already skilled, and anything put out now will just be hoarded and sold. what needs to happen is a PERMANENT source of extra source damage items like this. Make people run ace dungeon or something iuno.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    I just miss farming Alliance and making nocts. It was fun.

    And supply is definitely dwindling as I start doing harder content.
  • @Ketoth archers and mystics consume like 0 nocts lol, on the other hand you have lancer, warrior and ninja which chug nocts.
    but that is another issue for another thread.
    @kirely i swear that was a thing before, but its not anymore or it was never a thing who cares that is not the point of the thread.

    "nocts dont need change you are an elitlist" i am not even going to bother replying.

    right now if you are a fresh level 1 brand new to the game you are kind of screwed as in ways to aquire some coin and making these farmeable is a win win for them and for players like me.
    eme staff already read this and no reply means they wont do anything about it prob because they have bigger fish to deal with, so can we close this thread?
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Ketoth wrote: »
    This is more a class consume rate issue than a supply issue.

    I have 100k noc in my bank and i never farmed dsu. All my nocs come from vanguards.
    As archer i break even the noc after every dungeon run. When i get vm9 and thr runs being faster i probably will consume less noc than get from quests.

    Bhs tried to compensate that with the uncommon nocs. Lancers / warriors can use way more than 500 nocs during a 10min fight. But we dont have a 10min fight in tera and the walking between bosses waste that time. Would be good if we had the 30min that eu have that uses less noc/time. This probably will resolve the issue for high noc consume rate classes

    uncomond nocterium get from 10 minutes to 15 minutes in katera pacht notes, and increase to 400 to 500 noterium cost, this is a big buff for warrrior or lancer who spend a lot of this, 15 minutes sound more razonable ( but still are expensive for 700 vg )
    Tewii wrote: »
    Would be nice to get DSU back so we could get more noct boxes *coughcough*

    I second this .

    also ignoring Steven's obvious ignorant comment lol... obviously knows nothing about the game if that's his response ..

    yes, because im no pro palyer who need spend 1000 nocterium each run in , vhhm ? vsnm ? , KD ? , but you are pro for spend nocterium, but no pro for buy them for dont do very rich some dude in broker.
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    @Ketoth archers and mystics consume like 0 nocts lol, on the other hand you have lancer, warrior and ninja which chug nocts.
    but that is another issue for another thread.
    @kirely i swear that was a thing before, but its not anymore or it was never a thing who cares that is not the point of the thread.

    "nocts dont need change you are an elitlist" i am not even going to bother replying.

    right now if you are a fresh level 1 brand new to the game you are kind of screwed as in ways to aquire some coin and making these farmeable is a win win for them and for players like me.
    eme staff already read this and no reply means they wont do anything about it prob because they have bigger fish to deal with, so can we close this thread?

    mystics use nocteriums for cast more fast resurrection, and yes, nocterium always are be luxurus consumable since always,
  • @StevenAnthony i do not think you understand the point of the thread son, but since u want to chat here we go
    "pro players" on average consume less nocts per run, "mystics use nocteriums for cast more fast resurrection" every class uses nocts sherlock holmes, just some more than others.
    nocts benefit the average player the most imo and as of now no one uses uncommons to save reg nocts, its just not viable.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    @Ketoth archers and mystics consume like 0 nocts lol, on the other hand you have lancer, warrior and ninja which chug nocts.

    no, you say they dont
  • it was a figure of speech.. facepalm
  • Devilzweed wrote: »

    right now if you are a fresh level 1 brand new to the game you are kind of screwed as in ways to aquire some coin and making these farmeable is a win win for them and for players like me.
    eme staff already read this and no reply means they wont do anything about it prob because they have bigger fish to deal with, so can we close this thread?

    I agree with this, but this is because it was the end of the patch. I wouldn't say fresh level 1, because a level 1-60 doesn't need gold, and a 60-65 gets a fair amount enough + the starting dungeon quest to finish out low tier. In low tier atm you get 600g and rarely 1400g boxes, imo the current content is much easier to clear than last patch.
  • kknaexkknaex ✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    Why not just put it in a merchant for like 1g50s ea? Would give us the gold sink we need too

    Merchants aren't gold sinks. http://tera.enmasse.com/game-guide/civil-unrest-velika/

    in other hands CU is a scam. They basically print money left and right and give it to the top guilds that control CU. Yay. Nice GvG revamp you did eh...
    No wonder I fould it weird that I got money out of nowhere when I was in guilds and did some small guild stuff to help them.

    I hope that wont cause inflation
  • Devilzweed wrote: »
    @JasonGenerix exactly!
    also why use nocts? so you can farm dungeons faster and if you lancer so you can hold aggro if you are not top geared and got good deeps in your pt. unless you like your bosses perma spinning
    priest use nocts to have more debuff time on Triple nemesis, ress faster and heal for more. those are particularly awesome when you are carrying a run with your priest.
    and dps? well more dps = faster runs = everyone happier

    tbh noc doesnt give more time on TN, only more dmg. Noc gives more duration on Contagion though.
  • roxxapoxxroxxapoxx ✭✭✭
    should not have to use nocts during normal mode dungeons... or really even during hard mode ones unless it's a score run. come on lol.
  • roxxapoxxroxxapoxx ✭✭✭
    DYLW5HFXJH wrote: »
    Devilzweed wrote: »

    right now if you are a fresh level 1 brand new to the game you are kind of screwed as in ways to aquire some coin and making these farmeable is a win win for them and for players like me.
    eme staff already read this and no reply means they wont do anything about it prob because they have bigger fish to deal with, so can we close this thread?

    I agree with this, but this is because it was the end of the patch. I wouldn't say fresh level 1, because a level 1-60 doesn't need gold, and a 60-65 gets a fair amount enough + the starting dungeon quest to finish out low tier. In low tier atm you get 600g and rarely 1400g boxes, imo the current content is much easier to clear than last patch.

    wait for an event and grind for 12 hours. you will be rich along with the rest of us. there are ways. it's just a grind.
  • edited May 2017
    I always use nocs on my dps and mystic except for lowbie dungeons. It is a normal consumable among high-end players I run with and it is a common courtesy towards your party members to make the run faster and more efficient. And sure you can have 25 min run instead of 15, but who has even time for this. It summs up to a few hours after a short while.
    For achievement I did IMS dfnm on my priest and it was horrible horrible long time (15 min per boss). You know you dont NEED nocs.. but you dont need pots. or crystals. or gear.. but where does it end lol
  • Casuals...
Sign In or Register to comment.