[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Enchantment System Feedback

Comments

• Meningitis wrote: »
    LHX5C9N33R wrote: »
    But is ilogical to me sell alk/fs if u re making gold to buy em :P

I'm not making gold to buy them because I earn enough via dungeon/event/occasional iod. I sell feed and alk to get other stuff. Sorry I didn't word that correctly.

That make more sense xD. But how many alk/fs u can win on a dung run? I did DFnm till now (cause im guille and ppl complains on my dps -.-)
    and earn no more than 20alk and 20/25 fs plus the rewards
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    KDMWN5E3HJ wrote: »
    this game changed in just 2 years rofl i remember it was one of the game where you needed to cash the less
    and pvp is dead now yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

are we playing the same game? you think enchantment was easier or cheaper in the past? u high?
    there was a reason there was a server wide announcement when you enchanted something to +9, cause that was hard af back then, have fun grinding bastion mobs for cruxes!

but anyway op, not sure what you're expecting if you play an hour or less.... you get what you give, and you're giving bare minimum.
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the real issue here (as with a lot of other things in TERA) is unbound RNG. The basic gearing/enchanting process needn't be so randomized (and without a cap), but this seems to be the developers' preference.
    Yeah, this. The grind is what gets to everybody- not just f2pers. A paying player could have the worst rng in the world and shell out cash trying to +12 mid tier while an f2per has good rng and barely uses any materials to enchant weapons and the like.
    I think the main point I'm gonna try to make here is that the rng is the issue- not the elite system/buying emp.

• Both F2P and Elite players or EMP buyers can't really pay for enchant success. RNG is RNG.

Use the 3x feedstock option and Personal or regular Premium Alkahest 3 or 4 times to raise the failure bonus, then try the max feedstock and Personal/regular Extensive Alkahest. If it fails, repeat.

I understand the frustration at mid-tier enchanting rates- my first Dreadnaught T8 weapon took 3k feedstock- but the above helps dramatically.

EDIT: Also I would recommend spamming runs of The Abscess to get the possible 100 T11 feedstock jackpot, which will be going on till next Tuesday.

Off course elite dont change the RNG. But they feel less the bitter pain of spending things, cause they earn easy gold. In videos of youtube, ppl enchanting awakened items have inv FULL of Tiers and alkha, more than i have seen on my life in Tera, since 2013. The only way to have that i think, is selling elite things for gold.

And yes, it is really frustrating. Ill be in peace if im triyin to enchant an Ambush, but it is only mid tier crap misery.
    Making ambush was in my plans, not anymore after this. And i have no resources left to the rest of the midtier crap gears.
    edited May 2017
    That make more sense xD. But how many alk/fs u can win on a dung run? I did DFnm till now (cause im guille and ppl complains on my dps -.-)
    and earn no more than 20alk and 20/25 fs plus the rewards

Think of it this way: If you get 20-25 feed per run of a low tier dungeon, you're getting about as much as doing a boring low tier iod quest (20) or almost as much as a mid tier quest (30). One run of demokron factory gives 80 VG credits while low and mid tier iod bam quests give you 50 and 60, respectively. The dungeon may take a little longer or not depending how good you are at solo killing bams- but it still gives better rewards and you're not doing boring farming. You can use those VG credits for alk and things to sell to get feed or alk.

Just sit back, enjoy playing, and +12 will happen sooner or later based on rng.

EDIT: Demokron factory daily also gives 40 t11 which is more than mid tier iod bams.
    Off course elite dont change the RNG. But they feel less the bitter pain of spending things, cause they earn easy gold. In videos of youtube, ppl enchanting awakened items have inv FULL of Tiers and alkha, more than i have seen on my life in Tera, since 2013. The only way to have that i think, is selling elite things for gold.

I think I would be more bitter as a paying player with bad rng because my hard earned money/gold would be going down the toilet.
    Also the videos you're seeing on youtube probably aren't the average paying player...they're probably whales or have gotten good at playing the market to have that much gold in the first place. A lot of people go full ham on events to get stacks upon stacks of mats too. There's literally so much feed and alk floating around right now because of mongos and the like.
  • Ardire wrote: »
    but anyway op, not sure what you're expecting if you play an hour or less.... you get what you give, and you're giving bare minimum.

I wuld like to play more, but adult peopple with job, sort of family and other dutys have a hard time looking more time for playing.
    Im angry right now cause instead of enjoing my limited time here, pvping in VO... I spend 2 weeks farming like a Japanesse 10 years old player, IOD over and over and over again, some Ace dung, arena and quick things that gaves me t11 just for today , friday, hoping already having at least weapon/glove/and armor +12 in tier 11, and start making some dungeons wihtout being mocked by other t11 full players for my poor dps as Guille sorcerer. But well, i think it will not be possible this weekend. At this pace, will took me 4 months to farm like 10k feedstock and 15k alkahest to get my full +12 crap mid tier and start doing some content. (And PvP wich is i enjoy the most, even with high ping).

The best part, when i finally got the crappy mid tier full. Another patch will come and Oh! Im the low tier [filtered] dps again -.-

• ObsObs ✭✭✭
    If you're new there's no reason to rush to Misery. Just stick with Guile if you're going to be a casual and slowly work your way up to Misery. You can also just use Gear enchanting.
  • LHX5C9N33R wrote: »
    Ardire wrote: »

I wuld like to play more, but adult peopple with job, sort of family and other dutys have a hard time looking more time for playing.
    Im angry right now cause instead of enjoing my limited time here, pvping in VO... I spend 2 weeks farming like a Japanesse 10 years old player, IOD over and over and over again, some Ace dung, arena and quick things that gaves me t11 just for today , friday, hoping already having at least weapon/glove/and armor +12 in tier 11, and start making some dungeons wihtout being mocked by other t11 full players for my poor dps as Guille sorcerer. But well, i think it will not be possible this weekend. At this pace, will took me 4 months to farm like 10k feedstock and 15k alkahest to get my full +12 crap mid tier and start doing some content. (And PvP wich is i enjoy the most, even with high ping).

The best part, when i finally got the crappy mid tier full. Another patch will come and Oh! Im the low tier [filtered] dps again -.-

where do u pvp with bgs emptys ?
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    that's another good point, this new patch just came out why are you having an aneurysm over having fully enchanted misery already? chill the heck out mister adult working a serious job in his serious life! do you flip out over petty crap like this at work too?

also why are you calling misery midtier crap gear, misery is pretty darn good right now considering this patch is still sparkly new
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    I mean come on... 2.4k tier 11 feedstock just to get +11 a simple Misery weapon?
    2 weeks farming 3 times a day (90 bams) for this?
    I just realized f2p peopple can never win in this stupid game.
    Pay or die.

is because you are new player and you dont notice mid tier is hard to enchant,..... learn how use your class, and this happend because you upgrade very fast.
  • KDMWN5E3HJ wrote: »
    Ardire wrote: »

where do u pvp with bgs emptys ?

VO mostly. And yes BGs are totally dead. There is already some threads of this, i agree with them.
    Right now pvp is totally dead.
  • MarcusCrassusMarcusCrassus ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Yes im having same problem.

• LHX5C9N33R wrote: »
    I mean come on... 2.4k tier 11 feedstock just to get +11 a simple Misery weapon?
    2 weeks farming 3 times a day (90 bams) for this?
    I just realized f2p peopple can never win in this stupid game.
    Pay or die.

is because you are new player and you dont notice mid tier is hard to enchant,..... learn how use your class, and this happend because you upgrade very fast.

new player? rlly? 2013.
    Had conjunct, had wonderholme, strikeforce, tensus... None of them give me this problems to enchant.
    I know my class, sorcer is not very difficult. I have nice rolls on gears, accesoryes, belt... have circlet, have yellow (not the high tier) inner...
    Im not a always dead one on dungeons, i learn the mechanics before with guides... i know wich crystals to use on what situations.

Im not new. And from my past experience, i wanted to farm all this time the (i think) necesary tier 11fs.

Misery is not VM. Is the replacement of GUILE!! (And Guile is the replacement of slaughter). Every patch is this way since the beggining of times. New gear replaces old ones.
  • Ardire wrote: »
    that's another good point, this new patch just came out why are you having an aneurysm over having fully enchanted misery already? chill the [filtered] out mister adult working a serious job in his serious life! do you flip out over petty crap like this at work too?

also why are you calling misery midtier crap gear, misery is pretty darn good right now considering this patch is still sparkly new
    Because everyone i queue into with on instances already have it. And ofc they like to mock on the idio.t with old guile. (me), specially being a dps.
    No, my work is more predictable. More taking in account im a very organized person :)