[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Enchantment System Feedback

1235»

Comments

• LoculiLoculi ✭✭
    Really dude? You lived through the fodder days and the times before gear smart boxes and you're complaining?
    That was true rng hell. We have it easy these days with feed.

Again, as SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE SAID IN THIS THREAD

do some damn dungeons.

That's the best use of your apparently very little time.

You can't seriously expect to have the same amount of mats as someone that plays 5x more than you. Either be more efficient or stop complaining. People work hard to get their mats, work for yours too.
  • MiliceMilice ✭✭
    Get some reset scrolls if possible, spam Abscess. If you have alts, spam it on them. Find a LFG and you can easily get a couple of hundred T11 feed in an hour
  • LHX5C9N33R wrote: »
    I mean come on... 2.4k tier 11 feedstock just to get +11 a simple Misery weapon?
    2 weeks farming 3 times a day (90 bams) for this?
    I just realized f2p peopple can never win in this stupid game.
    Pay or die.

I think your doing it wrong. Don't use MWA to +12 gear, save that for +15. Use your green personal ALK and spam the lowest amount of feedstock. the Green and red feedstock have a higher chance of enchanting gear and wont disappoint. I never spend more than 900 feedstock on a weapon
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    LHX5C9N33R wrote: »
    Cheap for u maybe.
    I play 1 hour a day or less, and have no more tan 12k gold.
    I won't disagree that enchanting in this game is garbage, but if you did *anything* for an hour or less a day and expected good results from it in a timely manner people would probably say you're setting your expectations a little high. On such a constrained schedule, if I were in your shoes, I would log in and do nothing but spam the bonus dungeon (right now it's the abscess) until I ran out of runs for it. I would also join a guild to prevent myself from getting trapped in a single bad IMS run that eats up my hour-a-day allowance. Then I'd stack my vanguard credits all week and use them on masterwork alkahest boxes at the end of the week, and then give enchanting another go. You probably do this already but if you don't, there you go. Enchanting mid tier gear is pretty bad, but at least your odds of success technically increase with each failed attempt; if you ever try awakened enchanting, you'll have my sincerest condolences.

Regarding the topic of pay to win, I think with a game like this you either pay in time or money. If you make a lot of alts as a free player and run dungeons on them constantly, then you'll end up with a lot of MWA and feedstock lying around at the end of the week. But it takes time to level those alts, and it takes time to run them through content. On the other hand, if you're the kind of person who's always busy with work so he can't play, you could just buy 10 dollars worth of EMP and sell it at a 1:40 rate, or if you're impatient you could buy an elite voucher and sell that on the broker for like 65k. I could make 65k without spending money in real life, but I'd have to spend time instead. I don't really think that's an unfair tradeoff, though I wish there were more ways to acquire money in game through crafting, and I wish VM weren't sold in boxes on the broker since that gives people an easy way to turn their EMP into gear. Also people saying EMP-buyers can't purchase greater enchanting odds are forgetting that +15 scrolls exist. It isn't hard to just sell some EMP and buy the VM box and the +15 scroll. You'd be losing a chunk of cash but if you're working so much that you know it'd take you over a year to do that kind of thing the free route, then it might be a fair tradeoff in some people's eyes.

These are all just suggestions of course, you can do what you like. I'm not disagreeing that the game has made it a chore to make gold, but there're ways to do it. You'll just have to really optimize your time spent in game if you can only budget an hour a day for it.
  • Dont be upset, I've just lost 8k Tier 11 feedstock to get my ambush boots from +12 to +13 only....
  • You sure do complain a lot. If you don't like it, play another game. Players spend WAY more time then 1 hr a day to farm the stuff they need for gear. Sucks you can't play more, but stop complaining lol The game is RNG. Sometimes I only need to put 300 feed in my stuff and sometimes it's 2k. It sucks, but that is just the way it is.
  • LHX5C9N33R wrote: »
    I mean come on... 2.4k tier 11 feedstock just to get +11 a simple Misery weapon?
    2 weeks farming 3 times a day (90 bams) for this?
    I just realized f2p peopple can never win in this stupid game.
    Pay or die.

I think your doing it wrong. Don't use MWA to +12 gear, save that for +15. Use your green personal ALK and spam the lowest amount of feedstock. the Green and red feedstock have a higher chance of enchanting gear and wont disappoint. I never spend more than 900 feedstock on a weapon

The gloves was less punishing today, i spend like 500 fs and 300 something Alkahest.
    I dont have any green or yellow alka, i burned em when i enchanted Guile months ago.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a heads up: I'm on ~1.2K feedstock on +9 Misery Priest Staff. My previous gear (+12 Guile staff) was roughly 2.7K to +12.
    Ya ain't out of average. It IS like this. Always been like this. I remember fod run days on Schisma, it was exactly like this. +12 took about 2.5K in average.
    The only time I got insanely lucky was from +0 to +12 in 3 failures on armor. Never again had such luck.

How do I manage to keep up with mid tier gear on lazy pacing? DUNGEONS. They give enough feedstock to get by, and even accumulate some for another character.
  • EllieChuEllieChu ✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Just a heads up: I'm on ~1.2K feedstock on +9 Misery Priest Staff. My previous gear (+12 Guile staff) was roughly 2.7K to +12.
    Ya ain't out of average. It IS like this. Always been like this. I remember fod run days on Schisma, it was exactly like this. +12 took about 2.5K in average.
    The only time I got insanely lucky was from +0 to +12 in 3 failures on armor. Never again had such luck.

How do I manage to keep up with mid tier gear on lazy pacing? DUNGEONS. They give enough feedstock to get by, and even accumulate some for another character.

but healers dont need to gear up
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    EllieChu wrote: »

but healers dont need to gear up

I beg to disagree, specially when you start to run with people on higher tier gear, your healing starts to get more frequent for the same amount you recover, + speed and those neat things like high defense.
    Sure Guile +12 and circlet allow me to run any dungeon in game, but more defense and heal factor is always good.
    Not to mention that the same average feedstock usage remains truth for DPS and tanks.
  • ElinLove wrote: »

What?? i enchanted 6 full Guiles to+12 and each one rarely takes me more than 1k fs (+0 to +12 the entire set)
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

What?? i enchanted 6 full Guiles to+12 and each one rarely takes me more than 1k fs (+0 to +12 the entire set)

Did I mentioned that I lend one of my friends 300k gold worth on materials so he could reach full +12 Guile set the previous patch?

Some people are lucky and some are unlucky.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep in mind this is when it was mid tier not entry level gear. Now I'm gearing up Reaper and it's going easy and cheap in Guile, Misery will be the 2.5K average for weapon, around 1K average on armor and something on the lines of ~500-1K on boots and gloves.