Mystic, Priest DPS

2

Comments

  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Catorii wrote: »
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Just use the circle at a DPS that is mid casting a skill and he can't run away unless he really is stupid to the point of I-framing out of circle.
    And in that case, yes you'll have to focus heal that guy cause he's eating damage anyway, your circle will be in CD when he's back to 30% HP.

    Lol, so your way of healing is to wait until someone's almost dead but in the middle of an animation so they can't dodge your awful heal? There's a reason HC rarely gets used. And if you're spamming that off CD, you're not using RB off CD...so, yeah, seriously bad priest.

    You could, you know, just lock on with FH and not worry about them dodging out of it. No need to wait for them to be dying-yet-in-animation.

    That's one bigass troll over there eh. That's just one way they don't avoid, besides they're always attacking so mid cast.
    Dude stop trolling I'm not stupid even tho you try to make it sound like that. Keep the ego down a bit, not everyone who thinks differently from you is stupid and has to get trashed down.

    I can agree that there's various ways of doing the same task AND being efficient at it, done. I don't leave people dying to cast a heal, in fact they're almost always 80%+ HPs, I'm quite compulsive of that.

    While the point was made pretty confrontationally, they're basically correct. Granted you can play how you want, but if someone were to ask which heal should be a primary heal, it's gonna be Focus Heal. Quick, easy to cast, essentially nonexistent cooldown, can spread a significant distance. HC also requires you to get really close to your target, which, if you're healing DPS, drastically increases your chances of getting hit by an attack. Not to mention that HC messes with CD for RB.

    Not that I'm saying you're wrong - it's a game, you can play as a DPS Priest if you really want to - but all things considered, Focus Heal really should be your primary.

    Now THAT's how the conversation should be flowing, trolls can just f*** off.

    I see your point, and yes Focus Heal has some really neat stuff going for it. Being a basic heal, it's a very good basic heal skill. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it, I use it quite often. I just have found that with my play style I manage to keep HPs all up easily with circle alone and some bolts, without getting hit all the time. Like, the way I position myself, my timings for boss moves and DPS moves (the "Wait when he's mid cast" falls here, **tard troll), I've been finding fewer situations where I actually have to lock focus into someone, if my party is good enough.
    That being said, I use Focus Heal whenever one of these 2 are on CD, circle or bolt, when people need some more HP topping. Specially healing bolt is one I spam a lot.

    Guess we could agree that there's various ways of achieving the same, end of the day I still use focus and any (decent) Priest uses circle as well. Of course if I found my healing performance weak and found myself dying too much I would switch techniques, I'm always up for improvement (talking about this... I could revise my glyphs, dunno how long it's been since I've left them as is).
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is a healing bolt?
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    What is a healing bolt?

    Ayyy Healing Immersion.

    I ALWAYS FORGET THE FOOKEN SKILL NAMES
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    What is a healing bolt?

    Ayyy Healing Immersion.

    I ALWAYS FORGET THE FOOKEN SKILL NAMES

    MY IMMERSIOOOOOOOOOOOOON
  • Well I probably suck but:

    Priest

    Focus Heal = I cast this when someone needs healing. I spam this.

    Healing Immersion = I consider this spell an important cooldown and only use it when I feel Ineed it. I use this at 30 - 50% as I never really feel I can trust this spell 100% due to difficulty of lock on and travel time.

    I dislike having hm or K Shield on cooldown and usually hold them until I feel I must use them.

    All other healing spells I use far less often, because they either suck or force me to place myself in danger. Generally, I use little circle big heal on melee dps groups and little circle little heal over time on the tank. Big circle crap heal I never use as it is total garbage.

    Mystik

    Focus Heal = I cast this when someone needs healing. I spam this.

    Boomerang Healing Immersion = I cast this because it looks cool and does damage and heals, I keep this on cd because it is fun.

    Totem = looks cool but does not really feel very impactful, so I cast it on cd when I can because it is pretty.

    Balz = Keep a couple around, mostly for me.

  • DreadweaverDreadweaver ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Mystic can have great dps. Myself I have two set of equip - one for healing one for dpsing. Every day doing Island of Dawn stuff without troubles. (the only thing I don't do there are Iron Giants. But with other class I don't do Hydraths for example.) I have two mystic and both have two sets. All Island of Dawn takes 40 mins. With proper crystals, lines on equip and some skill it is a great dpser for solo game. While lvling you LL have no time for this tho :awesome:
    Of course in dungeons I mostly use healing spec as I have no much time to dps there.
    If you choosing between two class I would recommend you try both and decide.
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    Since the topic is about healer dps...

    Roll Mystic if you truly want to dps as a healer at endgame. It's somewhat viable in dual heal parties and you can pull about half the damage of a decent lancer in equal gear.

    That said, if you plan to dps on a mystic, make sure you have a network of people that know you dps. Be ready for vitriol. Not a lot of people expect nor enjoy a mystic dpsing.

    You also need a particular gearset which the vast majority of people won't see the point in getting. I've had many, many people tell me that it's a waste of time, then I add about 10% party dps and they sit a little quieter.

    You won't be the star of the party but you most certainly do help.

    And if you don't want to, that's perfectly fine, too. Rolling either healing class is better, though Priests arguably have an easier time in raids thanks to their plethtora of AoE heals, but Mystic does just fine, too.
  • DreadweaverDreadweaver ✭✭✭
    @Tewii nothing more to add! =)
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Tewii wrote: »
    Since the topic is about healer dps...

    Roll Mystic if you truly want to dps as a healer at endgame. It's somewhat viable in dual heal parties and you can pull about half the damage of a decent lancer in equal gear.

    That said, if you plan to dps on a mystic, make sure you have a network of people that know you dps. Be ready for vitriol. Not a lot of people expect nor enjoy a mystic dpsing.

    You also need a particular gearset which the vast majority of people won't see the point in getting. I've had many, many people tell me that it's a waste of time, then I add about 10% party dps and they sit a little quieter.

    You won't be the star of the party but you most certainly do help.

    And if you don't want to, that's perfectly fine, too. Rolling either healing class is better, though Priests arguably have an easier time in raids thanks to their plethtora of AoE heals, but Mystic does just fine, too.

    That's a pretty nice heads up.
    Most people on an end-game dungeon would twist their noses when the healer starts DPSing, BUT: if you can keep their HPs up just like a full heal focused healer (say, me for example), then there's nothing against it.

    Priest will barely do any damage by itself, but the buffs, Energy Stars and Triple Nemesis debuff do a lot of contribution to the party.
    That being said, Mystic has the upper hand on the DPS increase, since they have the auras that do the same thing as buffs (effect differences here and there, I mean the concept is about the same), can also debuff the bosses during fight, AND do their own DPS a lot more than a Priest.

    Also if I was a DPS healer, I would keep a gear setup for both situations: healing rolls on some pieces, DPS rolls on other pieces, so you can swap between them in case things start to go bad and you actually need to babysit them.
    EDIT: oh... yeah that's exactly what Dreadweaver said above hehe
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jinsoyun wrote: »
    Well I probably suck but:

    Priest

    Focus Heal = I cast this when someone needs healing. I spam this.

    Healing Immersion = I consider this spell an important cooldown and only use it when I feel Ineed it. I use this at 30 - 50% as I never really feel I can trust this spell 100% due to difficulty of lock on and travel time.

    I dislike having hm or K Shield on cooldown and usually hold them until I feel I must use them.

    All other healing spells I use far less often, because they either suck or force me to place myself in danger. Generally, I use little circle big heal on melee dps groups and little circle little heal over time on the tank. Big circle crap heal I never use as it is total garbage.

    Mystik

    Focus Heal = I cast this when someone needs healing. I spam this.

    Boomerang Healing Immersion = I cast this because it looks cool and does damage and heals, I keep this on cd because it is fun.

    Totem = looks cool but does not really feel very impactful, so I cast it on cd when I can because it is pretty.

    Balz = Keep a couple around, mostly for me.

    I can only say you suck or not if I go on a run with you with an average party, from what you said you can either be good or bad. You don't necessarily suck if you have a different style.
    My experience shows that really, you can do many different ways to achieve the same in therms of healing. Had many great heals that literally just spammed Focus on party and no one dies, then there's me that uses it occasionally when needed and uses circle instead and no one dies too.
  • CatoriiCatorii ✭✭✭
    > @ElinLove said:
    > cheekibreeki wrote: »
    >
    > ElinLove wrote: »
    >
    > Catorii wrote: »
    >
    > ElinLove wrote: »
    >
    > Just use the circle at a DPS that is mid casting a skill and he can't run away unless he really is stupid to the point of I-framing out of circle.
    > And in that case, yes you'll have to focus heal that guy cause he's eating damage anyway, your circle will be in CD when he's back to 30% HP.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Lol, so your way of healing is to wait until someone's almost dead but in the middle of an animation so they can't dodge your awful heal? There's a reason HC rarely gets used. And if you're spamming that off CD, you're not using RB off CD...so, yeah, seriously bad priest.
    >
    > You could, you know, just lock on with FH and not worry about them dodging out of it. No need to wait for them to be dying-yet-in-animation.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's one bigass troll over there eh. That's just one way they don't avoid, besides they're always attacking so mid cast.
    > Dude stop trolling I'm not stupid even tho you try to make it sound like that. Keep the ego down a bit, not everyone who thinks differently from you is stupid and has to get trashed down.
    >
    > I can agree that there's various ways of doing the same task AND being efficient at it, done. I don't leave people dying to cast a heal, in fact they're almost always 80%+ HPs, I'm quite compulsive of that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > While the point was made pretty confrontationally, they're basically correct. Granted you can play how you want, but if someone were to ask which heal should be a primary heal, it's gonna be Focus Heal. Quick, easy to cast, essentially nonexistent cooldown, can spread a significant distance. HC also requires you to get really close to your target, which, if you're healing DPS, drastically increases your chances of getting hit by an attack. Not to mention that HC messes with CD for RB.
    >
    > Not that I'm saying you're wrong - it's a game, you can play as a DPS Priest if you really want to - but all things considered, Focus Heal really should be your primary.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Now THAT's how the conversation should be flowing, trolls can just f*** off.
    >
    > I see your point, and yes Focus Heal has some really neat stuff going for it. Being a basic heal, it's a very good basic heal skill. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it, I use it quite often. I just have found that with my play style I manage to keep HPs all up easily with circle alone and some bolts, without getting hit all the time. Like, the way I position myself, my timings for boss moves and DPS moves (the "Wait when he's mid cast" falls here, **tard troll), I've been finding fewer situations where I actually have to lock focus into someone, if my party is good enough.
    > That being said, I use Focus Heal whenever one of these 2 are on CD, circle or bolt, when people need some more HP topping. Specially healing bolt is one I spam a lot.
    >
    > Guess we could agree that there's various ways of achieving the same, end of the day I still use focus and any (decent) Priest uses circle as well. Of course if I found my healing performance weak and found myself dying too much I would switch techniques, I'm always up for improvement (talking about this... I could revise my glyphs, dunno how long it's been since I've left them as is).

    Literally just went by what you said in your post - you said if you use healing circle while dps are mid animation they can't dodge it. Don't call me a troll for taking your post for what it was.

    Confrontational? Maybe. Troll? Not so much. You really do put yourself in danger by camping the boss' tail end just so you can use a melee heal. You can't always dodge a mechanic like that. I won't say I never use HC - I do use it, sometimes. If a few dps backed off for a mechanic or because they almost just got oneshot, and they're in front of me, I will use it because it's faster than locking on in melee range. But I don't stand close to most bosses, with few exceptions, so Focus Heal is my primary heal. As it is for most priests, and all mystics since Boomerang has something like a 6s CD.

    You're entitled to your own playstyle, but don't tell new players that they shouldn't use Focus Heal as their primary when nearly every priest does, and should.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catorii wrote: »
    You're entitled to your own playstyle, but don't tell new players that they shouldn't use Focus Heal as their primary when nearly every priest does, and should.

    I use RB as my primary heal. Roast me, baby.
  • CatoriiCatorii ✭✭✭
    > @TWMagimay said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I use RB as my primary heal. Roast me, baby.

    I hope it's unglyphed. :^)
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catorii wrote: »
    > @TWMagimay said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I use RB as my primary heal. Roast me, baby.

    I hope it's unglyphed. :^)

    Does mana count?
  • CatoriiCatorii ✭✭✭
    > @TWMagimay said:
    > Catorii wrote: »
    >
    > > @TWMagimay said:
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I use RB as my primary heal. Roast me, baby.
    >
    > I hope it's unglyphed. :^)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Does mana count?

    Yes. Use duration if you want, but no one needs mana these days.




    Disclaimer to new players: not srs.
Sign In or Register to comment.