[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Mystic, Priest DPS

13»

Comments

• TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catorii wrote: »

Yes. Use duration if you want, but no one needs mana these days.

Disclaimer to new players: not srs.

You are baaad at roasting...
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Jinsoyun wrote: »
    Well I probably suck but:

Priest

Focus Heal = I cast this when someone needs healing. I spam this.

Healing Immersion = I consider this spell an important cooldown and only use it when I feel Ineed it. I use this at 30 - 50% as I never really feel I can trust this spell 100% due to difficulty of lock on and travel time.

I dislike having hm or K Shield on cooldown and usually hold them until I feel I must use them.

All other healing spells I use far less often, because they either suck or force me to place myself in danger. Generally, I use little circle big heal on melee dps groups and little circle little heal over time on the tank. Big circle crap heal I never use as it is total garbage.

Mystik

Focus Heal = I cast this when someone needs healing. I spam this.

Boomerang Healing Immersion = I cast this because it looks cool and does damage and heals, I keep this on cd because it is fun.

Totem = looks cool but does not really feel very impactful, so I cast it on cd when I can because it is pretty.

Balz = Keep a couple around, mostly for me.

I can only say you suck or not if I go on a run with you with an average party, from what you said you can either be good or bad. You don't necessarily suck if you have a different style.
    My experience shows that really, you can do many different ways to achieve the same in therms of healing. Had many great heals that literally just spammed Focus on party and no one dies, then there's me that uses it occasionally when needed and uses circle instead and no one dies too.

I spam focus, totem, and boomerang(Actually I think focus is called something else with mystics, focus heal is a priest's)
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I also use my glyphed Kaia as priest when someone's running low on health and I fear I won't reach them in time. A guild mate taught me that and it helps a ton
  • AutomatedAutomated ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Focus heal is vastly overrated. If your dps has any kind of hands and brains, they should be fairly well grouped behind the boss which makes immersion and healing circle vastly superior in most situations because they heal a lot more. That said, focus heal definitely has its uses when, like someone said, people are a bit more spread out. I also generally use focus heal if I just need to heal one person when people are spread out to not blow any big KDs. That said, most of the time you can keep people up using RB and I've actually started using regen cirlce too which with high AS casts quickly and easily tops people off. Lazy heals OP.

In terms of gear, healers are cheap. Of course you can gear to take a couple of hits but when you learn your class and the dungeons well you'll be fine with whatever. I did RMH all of last patch in conflate (pvp gear) which pretty much makes any attack a one-shot and I could easily solo heal it. If you gear in mid-tier you get the item level you need for the vanguard and you'll be fine if you learn the mechanics well.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    > ElinLove said:
    > cheekibreeki wrote: »
    >
    > ElinLove wrote: »
    >
    > Catorii wrote: »
    >
    > ElinLove wrote: »
    >
    > Just use the circle at a DPS that is mid casting a skill and he can't run away unless he really is stupid to the point of I-framing out of circle.
    > And in that case, yes you'll have to focus heal that guy cause he's eating damage anyway, your circle will be in CD when he's back to 30% HP.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Lol, so your way of healing is to wait until someone's almost dead but in the middle of an animation so they can't dodge your awful heal? There's a reason HC rarely gets used. And if you're spamming that off CD, you're not using RB off CD...so, yeah, seriously bad priest.
    >
    > You could, you know, just lock on with FH and not worry about them dodging out of it. No need to wait for them to be dying-yet-in-animation.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's one bigass troll over there eh. That's just one way they don't avoid, besides they're always attacking so mid cast.
    > Dude stop trolling I'm not stupid even tho you try to make it sound like that. Keep the ego down a bit, not everyone who thinks differently from you is stupid and has to get trashed down.
    >
    > I can agree that there's various ways of doing the same task AND being efficient at it, done. I don't leave people dying to cast a heal, in fact they're almost always 80%+ HPs, I'm quite compulsive of that.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > While the point was made pretty confrontationally, they're basically correct. Granted you can play how you want, but if someone were to ask which heal should be a primary heal, it's gonna be Focus Heal. Quick, easy to cast, essentially nonexistent cooldown, can spread a significant distance. HC also requires you to get really close to your target, which, if you're healing DPS, drastically increases your chances of getting hit by an attack. Not to mention that HC messes with CD for RB.
    >
    > Not that I'm saying you're wrong - it's a game, you can play as a DPS Priest if you really want to - but all things considered, Focus Heal really should be your primary.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Now THAT's how the conversation should be flowing, trolls can just f*** off.
    >
    > I see your point, and yes Focus Heal has some really neat stuff going for it. Being a basic heal, it's a very good basic heal skill. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate it, I use it quite often. I just have found that with my play style I manage to keep HPs all up easily with circle alone and some bolts, without getting hit all the time. Like, the way I position myself, my timings for boss moves and DPS moves (the "Wait when he's mid cast" falls here, **tard troll), I've been finding fewer situations where I actually have to lock focus into someone, if my party is good enough.
    > That being said, I use Focus Heal whenever one of these 2 are on CD, circle or bolt, when people need some more HP topping. Specially healing bolt is one I spam a lot.
    >
    > Guess we could agree that there's various ways of achieving the same, end of the day I still use focus and any (decent) Priest uses circle as well. Of course if I found my healing performance weak and found myself dying too much I would switch techniques, I'm always up for improvement (talking about this... I could revise my glyphs, dunno how long it's been since I've left them as is).

Literally just went by what you said in your post - you said if you use healing circle while dps are mid animation they can't dodge it. Don't call me a troll for taking your post for what it was.

Confrontational? Maybe. Troll? Not so much. You really do put yourself in danger by camping the boss' tail end just so you can use a melee heal. You can't always dodge a mechanic like that. I won't say I never use HC - I do use it, sometimes. If a few dps backed off for a mechanic or because they almost just got oneshot, and they're in front of me, I will use it because it's faster than locking on in melee range. But I don't stand close to most bosses, with few exceptions, so Focus Heal is my primary heal. As it is for most priests, and all mystics since Boomerang has something like a 6s CD.

You're entitled to your own playstyle, but don't tell new players that they shouldn't use Focus Heal as their primary when nearly every priest does, and should.

Please don't sugar coat it, it was a blatant mocking of a single tiny piece of a comment that did have valid points. I would have given it away and just taken as a joke if you provided something else constructive at point.
    Clarifying it YET AGAIN just to not leave a slight doubt: it's pretty easy to time a DPS's attack to their position if you've played that class, or heck just been watching your party. With that, you time the heal at the exact time the DPS will not move, that can take a whopping... half second. If even.
    " Lol, so your way of healing is to wait until someone's almost dead but in the middle of an animation so they can't dodge your awful heal? " I call that trolling. AND stupid, no idea where did you find that I "wait till DPS is almost dead"... Maybe I don't get your sense of humor, whatever.

Let's also make some other things clear before I get called out as s*** heals or anything (Hope you are not that type, whatever): My positioning is hardly ever staring at the tail. I don't have a clue where you thought I keep at attack range waiting for a chance to use HC. Even when I'm on a full melee group, I position myself always, ALWAYS far from the attack range. And then when I see them take a hit, run for all that half second that it takes to get in circle range, another half second circle cast, move back. Likely tank will get a focus on him OR a HOT circle thingy on his feet, that is done mid way.
    No hits, no dead healer, no party cussing, just 5/7 full HP bars. Task done, back to TN and Energy Stars.
    May as well just use Healing Immersion on them all at once too. Simple and efficient. Those are my options and how I deal with the task usually.

If that's so horrible... I don't know how lucky I am to carry traps (and heck it's fun and intense those trap runs) or just running fast runs easily.
  • YitharYithar ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    You're entitled to your own playstyle, but don't tell new players that they shouldn't use Focus Heal as their primary when nearly every priest does, and should.

I use RB as my primary heal. Roast me, baby.

LOL. I remember you and Toune having this exact conversation with someone. And honestly having played Priest first, I agree with both you and Toune that RB should be a Priest's main heal. Like I joined just before WH came out, and I remember using Restorative Burst in Shattered Fleet and thinking how awesome this skill is.

"The easiest way to keep people healed is to actually spam Restorative Burst, for a couple reasons, even going as far as to glyph the duration for an extra tick. Combined with the extra bit of mana it gives, it should keep your tank and any melee, that aren't completely new and/or just bad at avoiding damage, topped off." - Toune

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/priest/topics/Why-is-this-still-so-common?page=6#post-1389152
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yithar wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »

I use RB as my primary heal. Roast me, baby.

LOL. I remember you and Toune having this exact conversation with someone. And honestly having played Priest first, I agree with both you and Toune that RB should be a Priest's main heal. Like I joined just before WH came out, and I remember using Restorative Burst in Shattered Fleet and thinking how awesome this skill is.

"The easiest way to keep people healed is to actually spam Restorative Burst, for a couple reasons, even going as far as to glyph the duration for an extra tick. Combined with the extra bit of mana it gives, it should keep your tank and any melee, that aren't completely new and/or just bad at avoiding damage, topped off." - Toune

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/priest/topics/Why-is-this-still-so-common?page=6#post-1389152

Ah, the stamina resu fights... I miss those...
  • In a skilled party, RB is gonna be my main heal tbh, since it's mostly for show and *maybe* peace of mind for whoever's in it.

General healing? Still Focus Heal.