[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Plus, get free items upon your first post-update log-in. Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] The Awakening update (v84) is now live on all console servers! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v84notes

Tips/Hints/experience regarding hunting big blue boxes

Comments

• MinimanaMinimana ✭✭✭
    Omnomberry wrote: »
    stopped counting after 30 boxes (2 ppl farming).
    But not a single 100. I dont know how ppl do it.
    We've been farming idk like 15h total ? But we are kinda done now.

Ppl keep bragging about how many multiple 100 boxes they find while we get 8 10tokens boxes in a row.
    And some hours we got a single box only, it was very frustrating, at least we kept ourselves entertained.

But yea, just rng sigh

Higher spawn rate depending on server/map population size would be greatly appreciated.
    Ill probably still solo farm

Same [filtered] rng for me, not a single 100x box and i farmed a lot.
    My luck is knowing where to farm them thx to previous eventslmmYIVT.png
  • I've found 3 boxes in the last 45 minutes with 10 tokens. I don't know where all the people who are getting loads are farming, but this is frustrating. :angry:
  • TotallyLegitTotallyLegit ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Okay... to many who seems to struggle finding boxes...
    I find them so easily that I can get 300 tokens or so within an hour...
    Here are some tips to increase your chances of finding blue boxes, however do note that these are not confirmed by any officials of TERA:
    1. Try to avoid areas that are visited by other players, such as zones near Velika and Highwatch. Chances are that other players already ran through the whole area.
    2. Try to avoid zones with a lot of channels... (I seem to find much more in zones with 1-4 channels than those of 7 channels)
    3. Don't sit in Velika complaining about the drop rate... if you are going to do that, just note that one less player looking for boxes is one more player finding a box elsewhere.
    4. Avoid areas without monsters, boxes tend to spawn where mobs spawn... so don't go venturing into the mountains of AV.
    5. Maintain a positive attitude!!! So you don't continue to get discouraged when you can't find one...
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haynsworth wrote: »
    I've found 3 boxes in the last 45 minutes with 10 tokens. I don't know where all the people who are getting loads are farming, but this is frustrating. :angry:

I was getting only 10 in an area, asked in global, someone said they are getting mostly 20 and I was like :eh: , changed area and found some and got a 100 token one. That is why I said, this event is better to rotate more often.
    OK, Now I figured something out which might be the case why some players are not seeing Boxes as often. I looked around and understood some places have like little to zero spawn rate there. So players are getting there and find nothing, then goes to another area which got more spawn but got more players there farming.

@Spacecats can you investigate this? This might be the case, not sure. I am around 1K tokens but I see why some players still have difficulties. I might be wrong but I can give examples like Bastion (Balder, nothing much there), Scythera fey (seeliewood, almost nothing there). You could look into it and make players even happier, thanks.
  • GenipGenip ✭✭
    Go to areas where monsters/mobs appear as red dots only on your compass. The blue boxes appear as non aggroable yellow dots. That way it'll be easier to spot them and not confuse it with a monster.
  • TuksTuks ✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    @Tuks lol, now how many it dropped? Lol

ya was amazing.. it droped only x20 thats something.. i was just going to take a teleport to velika en WOWOWOWOWO stop
    One quick tips: I changed char and check other areas to get what people said, already made the point but REMEMBER

FARM WITH YOUR ELIN,

I mean seriously, Yesterday, with my Elin I made twice, and then with my Elin again got more boxes than other chars :expressionless:
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    I found like 4 or 5 boxes within like an hr. One of them was x100 :D
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    go on lvl 60 char to avoid being pkd by people with full deathwrack. stress free blue box hunting. :awesome:
  • asusm5asusm5 ✭✭
    i farming 1700 tokens in around elenea .200 tokens each hour . server DEAD FOREST with one level 1 .
  • I've found about 4 total, using this method, each containing 10 tokens. I guess I'm just unlucky!
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    9NEYHYE7H6 wrote: »
    I've found about 4 total, using this method, each containing 10 tokens. I guess I'm just unlucky!

Yes, becuase this event is more one of "first come first served", is not even about exploring areas from open world but only to follow the main road.

If you stick to the main road you will get more chances to find boxes but if you are venturing far from the main roads then you will waste time. That's something for this event bore me a lot, this is not even about enjoying the landscape but only to follow a line in the mini map and keep your eyes on the radar.

Sorry but I passed on this even since the first day and I make 200 tokens but I don't even understand how people enjoy this kind of thing. Oh I remember why, this need less effort and people loves RGN from boxes. Becuase if exiting to open 20 boxes and get 200 tokens mean while others open 5 and get 300 tokens less than a quarter of time you spent to get those 20 boxes.
  • I've had luck on and off.
    I found 7 or so this afternoon, maybe in 30min to an hour of running around solo.
    I wasn't really tracking it at all.
    Spawn rate is pretty poor compared to mongos, maybe a little less compared to previous "blue box" events but a little on par with it.

yesterday i was finding 20token boxes regularly with the rare 10 box. Today I've found strictly 10 boxes with 1 20. Still nothing better than that.

If the rewards in the token shop were better, I'd say it was a good spawn rate, but there isn't much in the token shop worth farming for, so there's little incentive to hardcore farm, thus I feel like a higher spawn rate would be nice if the point is to get more people participating.
    @LilNorin farm tokens and save up for final shop changes, there will be way more items there, unfortunately in the final week they didn't mention this, don't spend tokens everyone, keep farming and wait for final shop change to kick in.