[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Has this happened to anyone else? Or is my bad luck just THAT bad?

Had arguably the most depressing thing happen to me during this event today. Sucked every ounce of desire to play this game right out of me in an instant.

So basically, I had pretty bad luck looking for boxes today, got a couple, but repeatedly saw people swoop in and snag them right before I got to them (including one that happened the moment I logged on, didn't even get to move yet... my bad luck couldn't even wait 5 minutes to start trolling me I guess). Called it quits to do my daily BAMs on IoD, nothing new. A couple BAMS in and I see a blue box behind a Fimbrilisk I just killed.

"Oh check that out, Blue Box on IoD? GIVE ME YOUR LOOT!" - I immediately use Charging Lunge and close the ~10m away that it is....

........ Only to have the box up and DESPAWN right from under my nose just before I could hit it open. Like, this thing simply vanished as if the event ended or was removed from the game, with the despawn animation and all. It happened at ~10:38PM CST, so it's nowhere near the time the event would have ended.

I just sat there for a while like, "WTF just happened? Did the game just DESPAWN an unopened box right in front of me?" I mean I can understand having been an open box and someone popped it while I was distracted, but this was definitely a closed, ready to be cracked open box that just all up and vanished at the last possible second before I could open it.

Honestly, I'm not complaining about the blue box event, I've loved this whole thing up until now and was absolutely ecstatic that Spacecats decided to do a box event for us, and I'm not bashing the event at all. Seriously, @Spacecats, I loved this event, thank you. It was awesome and made the last week or so of this anniversary a lot more fun. Many thanks, and many, many +1's.

I'm just floored that a box would straight up disappear out of nowhere like that, and worse yet, the second before I could crack it open. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, had one despawn after I started hitting it. It just stopped taking damage and up and despawned.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some boxes like Mongo was despawning, but you are being so unlucky :(

I also noticed on my farming experience each time you see a blue box or mongo, there 2-3 focking Elins always around ;) , you should be going in fast and merciless
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I am being DCed every 5 minutes if I am lucky so I have to punch someone (most likely my ISP provider) to take out my anger.

Electrical issues could be also my problem here so... no, no blue boxes for me :(
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Blue boxes are essentially mobs, so it's nothing out of the ordinary. I've had it happen as well, but not much can be done about it.
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    The community specifically ASKED the despawning mechanism to be added to these events!

Because even if some people like you get cucked there is at least boxes you can hunt and not see 20+ stuck in a terrain and threads on the forums asking spacecats to despawn them... there is always a backdraw but this has been asked for many times during mongos.

If we didnt have despawning the number of boxes out there would slowly decrease because noone can kill the stuck ones...