[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

EME could you stop putting stuff on sale knowing that it will be useless a week later?

For example, during the best sellers sale the shadowlaced loot box was on sale, some people paid high EMP rates to try to get it then a week later it comes out in the anniversary tokens so they could have gotten it a lot cheaper than what they paid for.

Now these new innerwears, yes they told us that new innerwears would come already but there was no info on it (better stats) so people spent money trying to get the old innerwear thinking it would still be BiS.

I know it's a marketing strategy but it's really misleading for a lot of us where we spend real money to get something that's worth a lot less just within a week later.

Comments

• kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    ya it's pretty unfortunate they're purposely vague :( Not quite sure what to do with my 200 20 crit inners now lolool oh well
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    I have mixed feelings on this. When it's such a deep cut sale, maybe we shouldn't expect the item to still be BiS when it leaves the store? Still, it's pretty gross feeling to find out from another thread (From EU TERA"s patch notes....) that the gear will no longer be BiS. I feel like I'd be a lot less salty about it if EME made comprehensive patch notes with detail instead of making a vague list. Every time there's significant changes I see confusion in the forums asking for clarification on a wide variety of issues. This could be fixed if EME would put up more detailed patch notes.
  • nutmegnutmeg ✭✭
    I agree about the shadowlaced boxes, that really sucked. But in the innerwear boxes sale, it was posted that they would be removed from the game and replaced with something new. Hence it was a pretty good assumption that new inners were going to be released. Also, it's not going to be worth a lot less. The sale on lootboxes existed for a reason.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    I highly doubt it will be something as magical as everyone suddenly making the upgrade.

If I were to be honest most players will probably still be at 16 crit at best, with the rare minority going for the BiS
  • nutmegnutmeg ✭✭
    kamizuma wrote: »
    ya it's pretty unfortunate they're purposely vague :( Not quite sure what to do with my 200 20 crit inners now lolool oh well

Hey kami, I'm accepting donations. ;) Thx fam
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    nutmeg wrote: »
    I agree about the shadowlaced boxes, that really sucked. But in the innerwear boxes sale, it was posted that they would be removed from the game and replaced with something new. Hence it was a pretty good assumption that new inners were going to be released. Also, it's not going to be worth a lot less. The sale on lootboxes existed for a reason.

True but 20 crit is all ktera has as well so this is an unprecedented scenario where a game impacting cash store item is simultaneously released on EU/NA AND Ktera all at once. Furthermore, Halrath purposely dodged around and kept vague wording even when directly asked by people on this forum for more info regarding the upcoming inners. Was it that hard to type "new stats" or "upgraded stats" in the news post? With all this in mind, I assumed (as did many others I suppose) that the "new model" reference in the sales post would be akin to the dragon switching out they did previously where a new dragon look is switched in to the store but the tier of game impact is maintained.

Oh well can't really complain now but it's just kinda annoying that EME knew full well what they were doing and purposely misled people lol
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭

i'll be glad to take that heavy burden off your back :D
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    i still remember when they have put innerwear boxes on sale at thursday and at friday neon mongo event started and dropped inners like candies
    :D
  • nutmegnutmeg ✭✭

True but 20 crit is all ktera has as well so this is an unprecedented scenario where a game impacting cash store item is simultaneously released on EU/NA AND Ktera all at once. Furthermore, Halrath purposely dodged around and kept vague wording even when directly asked by people on this forum for more info regarding the upcoming inners. Was it that hard to type "new stats" or "upgraded stats" in the news post? With all this in mind, I assumed (as did many others I suppose) that the "new model" reference in the sales post would be akin to the dragon switching out they did previously where a new dragon look is switched in to the store but the tier of game impact is maintained.

Oh well can't really complain now but it's just kinda annoying that EME knew full well what they were doing and purposely misled people lol

Yeah, I agree. Just Halrath doing Halrath things. At least the price drop won't be immediate though, also no confirmation on when they'll be released or if the higher stat ones will be released on NA yet ( or just a model upgrade)/
  • kamizuma wrote: »

My bday is in a few weeks. Would love some sweet crit upgrade for my zerk. <3
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I agree. Just Halrath doing Halrath things. At least the price drop won't be immediate though, also no confirmation on when they'll be released or if the higher stat ones will be released on NA yet ( or just a model upgrade)/

True, significant price drops probably won't happen anytime soon/be immediate, especially if they do the god awful "guaranteed random innerwear out of 20 different types/tiers" lootbox lol. I just feel sorry for people that recently bought an inner (through gold or emp) for personal use expecting it to be bis and staying bis for a couple more patches.
  • nutmegnutmeg ✭✭

True, significant price drops probably won't happen anytime soon/be immediate, especially if they do the god awful "guaranteed random innerwear out of 20 different types/tiers" lootbox lol. I just feel sorry for people that recently bought an inner (through gold or emp) for personal use expecting it to be bis and staying bis for a couple more patches.

If you feel bad, how about you give them another free inner to make them feel better :lol: ecks dee
  • MontblanckMontblanck ✭✭✭
    Tera:

You: "Hey I need eyewear for me to see better, the best there is, since I care for my vision; one that would last a long time. Do you have something for me?"
    Them: "Yeah sure take this eyeglasses, AND IT'S ON SALE! It will improve your eyesight and it's the best, but you have to pay me first and then choose from four boxes for a chance to get it. It's either this or a crappy second-rate product that would not really help you, but we get your money anyway. Good luck!"
    You: "Sounds pretty [filtered] up but okay, since I really need it for better vision. You sure it will last a long time?"
    Them: "We're releasing a new model next week. This will be gone then."
    You: "Would it correct my vision more? I'd rather wait if it does."
    Them: "We're releasing a new model next week! This will be gone then."
    You: "Yeah, but-"
    You: "Eh, might as well get this since it's on sale and I really need it. Can't go blind for another week."

One week later..

Them: "We're releasing a new model this week! It's the same as last week but better, gives sunlight protection, intelligent eyesight correction and much more! But remember the four boxes chance! It's still either this or third-rate version of it! $100 though heeheehee."
    You: "Why do I even.."
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    There must be a list for monthly discounts, also event rewards should be planned according to store discounts and items.
  • Montblanck wrote: »
    Tera:

You: "Hey I need eyewear for me to see better, the best there is, since I care for my vision; one that would last a long time. Do you have something for me?"
    Them: "Yeah sure take this eyeglasses, AND IT'S ON SALE! It will improve your eyesight and it's the best, but you have to pay me first and then choose from four boxes for a chance to get it. It's either this or a crappy second-rate product that would not really help you, but we get your money anyway. Good luck!"
    You: "Sounds pretty [filtered] up but okay, since I really need it for better vision. You sure it will last a long time?"
    Them: "We're releasing a new model next week. This will be gone then."
    You: "Would it correct my vision more? I'd rather wait if it does."
    You: "Yeah, but-"
    You: "Eh, might as well get this since it's on sale and I really need it. Can't go blind for another week."

One week later..

Them: "We're releasing a new model this week! It's the same as last week but better, gives sunlight protection, intelligent eyesight correction and much more! But remember the four boxes chance! It's still either this or third-rate version of it! $100 though heeheehee."
    You: "Why do I even.."

This.... so much. *=*