[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

EME could you stop putting stuff on sale knowing that it will be useless a week later?

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the increase on stats on this new inner are not that much in % against the previous when signature inners get in-game.

From +20 to +24 crit is only a 20% increase meanwhile from +16 to 20 crit was a 25%.

If this increase rate continues as this then new stats on inners will be insignificant when you compare the new model against the previous. Thought, right now the increase in stats is rather signiticant.
  • I got scammed so much on shadowlaced box by Eme! :( Luckily i didn't buy any innerwear boxes, otherwise it would be a clear scam as well.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    dunno you guys, but as far as I remember most electronics stores do those sales to get rid of old inventory when they know new stuff is coming.

Not to mention I think they did say new ones are coming right? Like the maid costumes.
    Albeit with gear (so inner wear) it makes even more sense since costumes are always a matter of taste.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Ever hear of a Clearance sale? Many store in towns do them when they're getting new stock in
    soooooooooooooooooooo
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • edited June 2017
    I think most people understand what a clearance sale is and why they do them.
    However, comparing that to this is a bit different. It's not like they're sitting on a literal storehouse of innerwear boxes that they have to get rid of before the new ones release. In that regard, I understand why this thread was made. Personally, I have the +20 innerwear and probably won't be looking into the new ones just yet, so it makes no difference to me. :3
  • jongbaejongbae ✭✭✭
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    Ever hear of a Clearance sale? Many store in towns do them when they're getting new stock in
    soooooooooooooooooooo
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you can't be serious LOL omg
  • They can't stop it because its the way how they make their money from,all who buy it.
    I think most people understand what a clearance sale is and why they do them.
    However, comparing that to this is a bit different. It's not like they're sitting on a literal storehouse of innerwear boxes that they have to get rid of before the new ones release. In that regard, I understand why this thread was made. Personally, I have the +20 innerwear and probably won't be looking into the new ones just yet, so it makes no difference to me. :3

Yeah, me too, I would be sticking to golden finger tokens for a 6 months as I did the previous season.

Don't need to rush to have something when the benefit is so small and the design is not that apealing for me. At least signature inners design were more elegant.
  • jongbaejongbae ✭✭✭
    No, it's not clearance because that's getting rid of the old inventory. This is a game, it's not old inventory that they will lose money if they don't sell it.

This was misleading people to spend a lot of money for boxes that will be replaced for better ones next week, a.k.a. people buying even more boxes for the new stats.

No, it's not like the maid costume. Costumes can't compare to items that are stat related. That's not even a comparison.

With that said, stop being delusional about it and stop kissing EME's [filtered] when what they did was a pretty low blow.
    jongbae wrote: »
    No, it's not clearance because that's getting rid of the old inventory. This is a game, it's not old inventory that they will lose money if they don't sell it.

This was misleading people to spend a lot of money for boxes that will be replaced for better ones next week, a.k.a. people buying even more boxes for the new stats.

No, it's not like the maid costume. Costumes can't compare to items that are stat related. That's not even a comparison.

With that said, stop being delusional about it and stop kissing EME's [filtered] when what they did was a pretty low blow.

Then you deny electrinics being superior when new inventory is avaliable?

Then why to change from a CRT TV and buy a LED LCD Smart TV if those for you are not diferent?

Is a clearence in-game becuase new inners needs to be sold to justify the investment.

I concur that the design is not apealing and vs Spider/Dragon silk, Elegant silk Inners and Signature Inners, the new ones would sell less than they expect if they left the others in the market. Also becuase new item is going to be around 300 EMP and previous were like 150 EMP from lootboxes (except signature).

They thought this carefully so the new can sell but if they were wary the old models will be selling more than the new then is clear they acknowledge the poor desing the new inners have.
  • The sale they did with inner wear boxes is common sense to me. That's how economy works. But this kind of thinking mostly comes with experience so I'm not sitting here pointing at a finger at someone who didn't see it coming.
    It's a clever move to not release them earlier in other regions so customers won't know. However, EME even said they'd get replaced, so that was kinda nice imo. They didn't need to do that, but they decided to. So I don't feel like we were tricked.
    What I would consider bm would be putting stuff on sale without any other announcement and then throwing it out via tons of mongos only a week later. Idk if that happened already, but it would make me so mad u.u
  • jongbaejongbae ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Their only announcement was "We are adding new innerwear" or smth in the patchnotes for goldenfinger tokens boxes, no details just "new innerwear" could be dyable versions or different styles of innerwear, i recall reading that assumption for multiple people because yes, no details about new innerwear. Ktera didn't have anything yet so people assumed it was like new styles but not stat related. PLUS the sale already had some days when the patch notes were released. That's why it's misleading. I am sure it's a good marketing strat because it will give them a lot of money but that doesn't make it honest at all. Just saying.

ps @ElinUsagi not even worth my time. You didn't even read why I said it wasn't a clearance.
  • What leaves a bad taste in your mouth is that they purposely left out that the new inners will give better stats.

If I were from EME, the first thing I'd ask when I hear we're getting a patch with new innerwear is, "would it give higher stats?". Right?

They knew. They can't even say they didn't know as well beforehand because they even made a news post about it. They knew way far ahead of us. And yet they still chose not to mention it in any way.

They chose to make money of what's going to be a second-best item. They chose profit over letting you know.

You know when you lie by telling them just a part of the truth, so that if ever people knew, they can't tell you lied because you technically didn't, but just left out the important detail? This seems more or less the same to me.

This is what is upsetting. They knew, and yet they still went ahead and did it. They know they can get away with it anyway. Nothing to lose, right?
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Well, the increase on stats on this new inner are not that much in % against the previous when signature inners get in-game.

From +20 to +24 crit is only a 20% increase meanwhile from +16 to 20 crit was a 25%.

If this increase rate continues as this then new stats on inners will be insignificant when you compare the new model against the previous. Thought, right now the increase in stats is rather signiticant.

Can you do math? ... what is even...

I don't see what's so hard about that.... 20/16 = 1.25 so +25% over the older ones... 24/20 = 1.2 so +20%, new ones have 120% the crit factor of Signature ones....
    Indeed, if they just up by 4 each time the stats, they'll be progressively less improvement percentage wise. How much the added 4 points of crit factor increase on your build is a whole different story, as you'll have to count a lot of stuff like, are you going to swap these 4 points on crit for another 4 of power or so? As far as has been demonstrated around here crit chance vs factor is a logarithmic relationship too, so if you're just upping innerwear and nothing else, you'll end up with less than 20% improvement on your build.