[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 7/23 at 7am PDT, and have an expected downtime of approx. 4 hours. For details, visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/2Ocm9O4

Comments

• Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Ooh, that sounds like fun~
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU is also getting the mount from the competition winner back then (the Bunny in the Moon).
  • This is what an EVENT truly looks like... This is something that would get me interested in playing again. Looks like fun... too bad I quit playing on EU.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we getting that mount too or is it just on eu?
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    Are we getting that mount too or is it just on eu?

Well they got it with this patch (Lakan's Fury), so I doubt we'll be getting it soon.
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    There were teasers for the bunny mount in korea and japan so I am guessin they will bring it to NA too.

And tbh I love the temporary dragon mounts on EU they gave 7 day ghost dragon for new valkyries during the leveling event, now 4 day ones, until I gather all the mats and money to buy a permanent i would love to have those around.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    ...it's an event that rewards you for just logging in and afking.

Pretty boring. Is it the reward you like or the idea of being handed things while doing nothing?
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event surely can be tweaked to fit NA. I talked about this on another thread. Permanent events that run or trigger on certain days of the week is what we need to make the game more lively and give players something to look forward to.

About the mount, pretty sure EU are the only ones who have it for now, as the mount was created by an EU player. But like all things that were ocreated for the NA client (steampunk costumed and gothic costumes ) it will eventually release globally to all regions.
  • StarSprite wrote: »

Pretty boring. Is it the reward you like or the idea of being handed things while doing nothing?

Both. :p
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    About the mount, pretty sure EU are the only ones who have it for now, as the mount was created by an EU player. But like all things that were ocreated for the NA client (steampunk costumed and gothic costumes ) it will eventually release globally to all regions.

I remember a certain costume that was on the forums a ways back that Spacecats said would never come to NA, that they have no plans to bring it here
    :'(
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    StarSprite wrote: »

Well there's both sides to consider here.

Would people take AFK event over something like blue boxes that were broken to a select few who knew great spawn locations?.....................

Anything event that's tweaked to NA recently has been received horribly. It's like they cannot learn or ask for input.
    The event surely can be tweaked to fit NA. I talked about this on another thread. Permanent events that run or trigger on certain days of the week is what we need to make the game more lively and give players something to look forward to.

I think an event with something like a daily "challenge" wouldn't be bad. I remember the major milestone event where you had to do things like quests, gathering, place 100 campfires. It was just little things anyone could do.
    Lynnetta wrote: »

P3ZcN2z.gif
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭

@StarSprite
    Please read the whole event and try to understand how it works... pretty degrading coming from a PC member to not even read what the community presents to EME as something they should look at...

Just to make your task easier:
    1. on weekends you afk to get an event box and a corresponding key to open it for better rewards
    the more you afk the better rewards you get but essentially for 5 hour afk you get all the good rewards
    - 7 tokens which open a separate shop to buy stuff from
    - 40 FC, 20 MWA, 2 MES, 1 SES, 1 4-day royal dragon (which activates on top of the dragons already in game so its good for everyone)

so whats in that separate shop? items they did not specify, and specified ones are the 2 kind of "boxes" different from the previously mentioned boy (open and dark secret is the item name)
    these boxes require keys to open one requires 3 the other one 5

but where do you get these keys?
    afking for 3 and 15 hours yield 1-1 key

where else?

2. EVERY DAY
    you get the secret opening key from dungeons as loot

what unknown is:
    - how much each secret costs in the corresponding shop? you get 7 from a weekend day of afking, 14 during a weekend
    - how many keys drop from dungeons, do I have to run a lot to get those keys?
    - is there any other way of getting your hands on the open and dark secrets or just from the afk token shop?

as you can see just from afking you get some items, 7 tokens and only 2 key, depending on the cost of each secret you dont even get close to the rewards if you only afk (you have to afk 15h on one day and 3h on an other to even open 1 box), to open the secrets you need to run dungeons too
    and the rewards from the secrets are not too shabby either, you can check the pdf, it has event exclusive mount, mats, cosmetics, noctenium, dyad

since the inflow of secrets seem to be limited the rewards are limited as well, but pretty tied to 1. logging in the game 2. running dungeons

as a permanent event I don't see how it is badly implemented designed, please enlighten me why your so called "afking" is so bad when it rewards not just hardcore players, but low level and exploring and socializing type of people too... or you trying to say they do not matter or something? >.>
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017

I think an event with something like a daily "challenge" wouldn't be bad. I remember the major milestone event where you had to do things like quests, gathering, place 100 campfires. It was just little things anyone could do.
    Lynnetta wrote: »

P3ZcN2z.gif

On EU they have weekly dungeon challenges too or at least they had for a whole month during the anniversay celebration, just to follow it up with a weekly/daily dungeon event until june 27th
    https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/event-oneiric-crystals

neverending events
    Shikine wrote: »

@StarSprite
    Please read the whole event and try to understand how it works... pretty degrading coming from a PC member to not even read what the community presents to EME as something they should look at...

Just to make your task easier:
    1. on weekends you afk to get an event box and a corresponding key to open it for better rewards
    the more you afk the better rewards you get but essentially for 5 hour afk you get all the good rewards
    - 7 tokens which open a separate shop to buy stuff from
    - 40 FC, 20 MWA, 2 MES, 1 SES, 1 4-day royal dragon (which activates on top of the dragons already in game so its good for everyone)

so whats in that separate shop? items they did not specify, and specified ones are the 2 kind of "boxes" different from the previously mentioned boy (open and dark secret is the item name)
    these boxes require keys to open one requires 3 the other one 5

but where do you get these keys?
    afking for 3 and 15 hours yield 1-1 key

where else?

2. EVERY DAY
    you get the secret opening key from dungeons as loot

what unknown is:
    - how much each secret costs in the corresponding shop? you get 7 from a weekend day of afking, 14 during a weekend
    - how many keys drop from dungeons, do I have to run a lot to get those keys?
    - is there any other way of getting your hands on the open and dark secrets or just from the afk token shop?

as you can see just from afking you get some items, 7 tokens and only 2 key, depending on the cost of each secret you dont even get close to the rewards if you only afk (you have to afk 15h on one day and 3h on an other to even open 1 box), to open the secrets you need to run dungeons too
    and the rewards from the secrets are not too shabby either, you can check the pdf, it has event exclusive mount, mats, cosmetics, noctenium, dyad

since the inflow of secrets seem to be limited the rewards are limited as well, but pretty tied to 1. logging in the game 2. running dungeons

as a permanent event I don't see how it is badly implemented designed, please enlighten me why your so called "afking" is so bad when it rewards not just hardcore players, but low level and exploring and socializing type of people too... or you trying to say they do not matter or something? >.>
    We just had an event with anniversary tokens that players could earn through dungeons. I did agree that a daily event of some sort wouldn't be bad in an earlier post.

However this part
    " After playing for 30 minutes you’ll receive the 1st Astral Gift (once per day)
    After playing for 1 hour you’ll receive a Cosmic Spark (once per day)
    After playing for 2 hours you’ll receive a Cosmic Spark (once per day)
    After playing for 3 hours you’ll receive a Cosmic Spark (once per day)
    After playing for 4 hours you’ll receive a Cosmic Spark (once per day)
    After playing for 5 hours you’ll receive a Cosmic Spark (once per day)"
    Is just ridiculous. We already have small rewards from the calendar just for logging in. I really don't see the point of logging in just to sit around for 5 hours. Playing the game (which is literally anything else from gathering/crafting, achievement hunting, battlegrounds, pve) should be rewarding. Daily events on doing something would be great, the game has a lot of areas that could be more rewarding even for casual players. If you're playing tera for 5 hours you should be significantly rewarded but if you're logged in and alt tabbed/afk why should you be rewarded for that? It just doesn't make sense to me.