What is your tolerance level for kicking/blacklisting players from the party? IMS/LFG

I personally find myself very forgiving when it comes to kicking players and stuff. Most of the time I only kick if they ask to be kicked due to lag, with rare factors of the person really not ready for the difficulty of the dungeon.

While most of the time people only really get kicked for being a complete trap or having garbage crystals, I have seen people kick the moment they see someone with the proper crystal setup and rolls but just using cruxes instead of Niveots. So I want to know what are you tolerance levels? What would make you kick someone, and what would you just wait out and calm yourself down?

Comments

• KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭
    I never kick unless they ask to be kicked for various reasons (like they get the teleport glitch where they can't get into the dungeon, or they need to go afk, or whatever).

I certainly don't kick due to bad gear, if anything I help those to gear up, and I'm too busy with me and the boss to pay attention to what others are doing, so, yeah, never any reason to kick people playing badly since I'm in no position to see how they play.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭
    Undergeared, unprepared, not trying, asking for a carry. If they don't even care to use consumables, proper crystals, jewelry, and poorly enchanted gear, it's grounds for kicking. If they keep dying to same thing over and over even after being told numerous times how to dodge or consolidate it.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭
    them: hi
    me: KICKED!!!!!!!!! BYE BINCH

jk. i usually only kick afkers cause i can be friggin impatient af.
  • Digivolve wrote: »
    Undergeared, unprepared, not trying, asking for a carry. If they don't even care to use consumables, proper crystals, jewelry, and poorly enchanted gear, it's grounds for kicking. If they keep dying to same thing over and over even after being told numerous times how to dodge or consolidate it.

That's exactly the same way I behave ;)
    If they don't show that they're putting effort in the game, and just expect to be carried, instakick!
    On the other hand, if they do show they're putting effort, even if they don't have a perfect rotation, or their gear isn't the best, it's ok, they can stay, and I'm always willing to help and give tips.
  • KiraboshiKiraboshi ✭✭✭
    edited June 9
    Wrong crystals
    No nostrum
    Asshattery

Any one of these is an instant kick vote from me.

• CatoriiCatorii ✭✭✭
    In terms of LFG, I only kick if someone's keeping us from clearing and won't take advice on how to avoid wiping us. It's rare that someone's this BM in LFG, though. If it's a learning run, this doesn't apply. I'll stick it out no matter how bad the party is.

In IMS, I'm pretty lenient, since you have to expect that you're going to go in with people that have the wrong crystals, rolls, etc. That's why they use IMS. And if it's a low tier dungeon, it doesn't really matter anyway. I'll kick AFKs, but that's usually it. I don't IM any high tier dungeons, though, so I don't need to kick in IMS for people that can't do mechanics - there really aren't any in low tier that will wipe you if someone screws up.
  • HastrerHastrer ✭✭
    If i ever need to kick someone, most of time is more than one person i should kick, so i just quit.
    And 90% that i'm going to kick someone AFK, another brainless person in party keep fighting monster and them we have to wait Endless 120 sec, so i just leave the party.
  • HaloistHaloist ✭✭✭
    Players who don't want to play their roles properly and also have bad attitudes. Special mention goes to those healers who don't bother buffing the party, and when reminded/asked, get pissed about it or act like I owe them something.
  • feazesherofeazeshero ✭✭✭
    edited June 9
    Interesting...In my two years of Tera, I don't think I ever kicked a player in party before. I rarely find my self as lead since most parties I get invited to always. Then again I'm not the type who will kick someone, usually I'd like to give that player a chance and help correct their mistakes. I will never forget the one time I was lead and we took a priest to scnm (during year 2015) but she had no prior experience or research. At each boss my friends/guildies and myself tried to explain each boss. She did really well to be honest, only died twice the whole dungeon. I thought that day I found one of those diamond in the rough type of skilled person. Rare to see someone who do that well as a first timer! Sadly she doesn't play this game anymore.

I remember one time I did a fihm back during fihm patch and one of the dps didn't have the right crystals and was dying a lot. Luckily our party was friendly and I did feel bad, tried to give advice on crystals and to check a guide after the dungeon run whenever that person had a chance to. Person did pretty good in surviving but just as a dps, needed more advice to unlock their potential as a dps.

Back on topic, mostly if players are rude/disrespectful and not wanting to accept advice from people who want to help, then I'd agree to kick.

Only time I ever seen myself kick someone was when they went offline for 8-10 minutes in a raid while we all waited and it was a friend. Hate to kick a friend but only because their internet went down and wasn't coming back that day.

I guess you can tell I'm pretty patient and understanding.
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    I'd say my tolerance level is pretty high.
    Whenever I see someone is failing hard, be it tank, dps, or healer, I always assume that someone in the team is carrying him. But when that person's name pop up for the kick, I always click accept. Because if 3 out of 5 people doesn't want to carry his nab bum, then there's nothing that he or I can do about it. It's pointless to argue.

Sometimes people tried to troll by prompt kick his own friend, and then grab the chance to insult the raid team for being brainless for kicking without reason. Well, I click accept anyway. Because sometimes people got bullied a little bit too much at school, and its not good to put even more pressure on them, especially in video games. So I just let them have their fun. It's the right thing to do.
    :love:
  • SageWinduSageWindu ✭✭✭
    I think there were only 2 situations where I've had to kick a teammate, even in "trap runs" ([filtered], I hate that term...). Still, I'm human like the rest of you and my patience only goes so far.

- Disconnections. I know that people's internet can be fickle, but my patience only goes so far there (to wit, i remember waiting an upwards of 30 minutes for some guildmates to get back online (AIN, they were both our healers). then we got word that they suffered a blackout, so... yeah).
    - Rampart Jackassery. We are a team, even if it's just for a few minutes. You don't want to be a part of it? Congratulations, now you aren't. Have fun.

Hmm. That's about it really. I don't care too much about "sub-optimal" performance or anything like that - I was a new guy too, still am in some cases. I just like being able to run stuff.
  • czczczczczcz ✭✭
    Crystals, mostly. 4x pounding, DPS who like swift for 'mobility', tanks that use forceful, no hardy, etc.

Bad healers in general (can't survive and suck at healing), but in particular, patronising mystics who snark at the party for not taking motes for healing, and refuse to use TF/BP unless the offending player takes themselves out of the fight while looking for the motes... which inevitably run out because the mystic is actually incompetent. If the healer isn't doing too well I can play defensively as the tank, and I can ask the +15 folks to take things easy, but clear incompetence and/or a bad attitude are not tolerated.
  • feminziifeminzii ✭✭✭
    edited June 9
    i'll play with anyone that's using the right crystals, popping their nostrums, and isn't putting out complete garbage damage
    and I only care about the damage when there's a dps check to pass. if the dps is too low and they are the reason why, and they won't even pop noc or bravery or anything to try and increase it, kick. im not wasting my consums just bc u don't wanna waste urs.
    but i have been called elitist plenty of times for asking people to get actual crystals or pop a nostrum
  • RieuRieu ✭✭
    altho my tolerance level isnt that high and I play with IMS parties/raids a lot, I dont kick ppl unless when : they ask for it/ Im in a rush and they seem to be afk-ing/ bad players but never listen and instead, being a pain in the bottom/ going offline for too long.

and especially healers who dont know what is triple nemesis/energy star/volley of curse/cleansing/mp charging then the moment u ask for it, decide to be princess caroline and well, u know :p

• YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mostly just kick afkers and that's it. I know people don't learn from being carrried, but If someone has bad crystals, poor rolls, attacking the front as a dps, etc I do let them know, if I'm Priest I pull dps to the back, let them die a million times when they are not where they should and that's it. Can't really teach someone that doesn't want to learn, and kicking them isn't going to make them learn anyways; another group would just carry them.