No maintenance on 10/17. Maintenance is moved to Thursday, October 19.

Release a God and Goddess Family Tree!

Have I missed this or something?

So I've been working on one for a little while now. I've gotten far, but there are so many missing pieces and misinformation out there from mistranslated lore it seems.

This is a legitimate request. I dunno how to ask for it, but I know that roleplayers would actually be interested in LEARNING about the Gods if they weren't so scattered and their relations not just thrown together for them to piece up.

I know it's probably not going to happen. This is just a rant after a lot of hard work going capoot, but ah well.

Comments

• Yeah, unfortunately somewhere around the Argon storyline most of TERA lore seemed to kick the bucket. There's patches of it missing as well as numerous unfulfilled storylines. I try to see the brighter side of things and take it as blank spaces that players can fill in - don't know the relations between gods and goddesses? Time to fill it in from what we do know!

I'm pretty sure there's a huge TERA lore thread somewhere. Try Googling it? It might have been in the old forums, but I definitely know there was one.
  • I actually have it stored in my bookmarks, yes. I went off of it and I'm going back through the game in its entirety and screen shotting any lore I can find. But ugh. Not much luck. Oh well. I still wish they would release it though - just guessing makes it difficult to explain sometimes ooc...
  • Leucosias wrote: »
    Have I missed this or something?

So I've been working on one for a little while now. I've gotten far, but there are so many missing pieces and misinformation out there from mistranslated lore it seems.

This is a legitimate request. I dunno how to ask for it, but I know that roleplayers would actually be interested in LEARNING about the Gods if they weren't so scattered and their relations not just thrown together for them to piece up.

I know it's probably not going to happen. This is just a rant after a lot of hard work going capoot, but ah well.

The Writing Team came up with a LOT of lore for TERA. Sadly, much of that has been lost to time, but I'll see if I can get them to piece something together. I'll dig through my old notes, too.
  • Father Arun and Mother Shara created a swath of gods, each immensely powerful. Some more resembled Arun, while more were like Shara.

Manahan, God of- errr, nevermind on this one.

Pressing forwards...

**Children of the Titans**
    Karas, Patron of the Elves.
    Zuras, First of the Devas.
    Gidd, (original) Patron of the Humans.
    Amarun, Creator of the Amani.
    Tithus, Lord of the Giants.
    Elinu, Goddess of the Elin
    Sikander, The Pheonix of the Sikandari.
    Gluda, Queen of the Gulas and the Vampirs.
    Ur, God of the Wendigos.
    Isren, Queen of the Fae
    Saleron, Lord of the Prions.
    Dagon, Lord of the Snakes.

These above were the original twelve gods, as it is said in the Korean and Taiwanese versions of TERA lore. The North American version may be well different. Hopefully @Halrath can elaborate or correct any mistakes.

**Children of Karas and Elinu**
    Balder, the God of the Sun
    Ishara, the Traitor, is Balder's twin sister
    Lok, the God of Craftsmen and the Trickster God, is Balder's younger brother.

**Children of ??? and Zuras**
    Kaia, Defender of the Amani
    Velik, the Goddess of Hunters and Patron of the Humans
    Mystel, the Goddess of Fate and the youngest god
    Thulsa, God of Death

**Children of Saleron and ???**
    Killian, God of Terror
    Icaruna, Goddess of Fear

**Children of ??? and Gluda**
    Akasha, Goddess of Endemics

**Gods with Unknown Parentage**
    Nerezzar, the God of the Necromancers
    Oriyn, the God of Wisdom
    Seren, Goddess of the Moon, Guardian of the Elementals and Patron of the Poporians
    Lakan the Avaricious, Lord of Blood Magic
    Shakan, God of the Hunt
    Zenobia, Godess of the Storm

And ~that~, my friend, is everything we know about the lineage and patronage of the TERA gods and goddesses. Or at least it is everything I could remember and/or find in a few short minutes of searching. Until Halrath shows us what the NA Lore holds.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭
    I do believe Kaia, Velik, and Killian are all related, right? Isn't Saleron their pop? I think that might be some text you get during the story questline when you go to talk to Saleron after Killian interrogates him.

Icaruna is Isren's daughter, Icaruna was princess of the fae-- you can learn a lot about Isren and Icaruna by doing the Seeliewood quests.

I'm not 100% sure on their exact relation but it might be mentioned in-game that Icaruna and Killian are cousins, not brother and sister.

i think Saleron and Zuras got the most ~busy~ of all the gods, if you get my drift :wink:
  • Kaia and Velika are related, but Killian's only established relative is Icaruna, who lives inside of him and shares his body.

There used to be an old cutscene when you finally killed Killian- he screamed that you couldn't kill him because "his sister still needs him", or something similar. I guess I assumed he was referring to Icaruna, but maybe he wasn't! Now that raises a whole new set of questions...
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine Isren being Killian's mum... that'd be nutty, so maybe Icaruna and Killian are half-siblings? Might make sense, the whole symbolism of half-siblings, Icaruna later dying and then being absorbed by Killian to become a literal half of him. idk

i'd have to run through the sky garden quest like again but i wanna put money on Saleron being Velik's and Kaia's pop.