[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

True Love Story Contest

Comments

• AtreyiAtreyi ✭✭
    Our eyes met across the dungeon, she was surrounded by noobs who were floormatting, because they were under geared. I knew she was the one for me because, like me, she'd bought a level 60 scroll and spent any other waking hour in TERA grinding the hell out of dungeons, so to farm gear and rub it in the face of inexperienced players and prove herself.

Her power was sensational, her crit on point, her rolls perfect. I had to tell her. This was my moment. Upon owning another heavy mech dungeon pumped out with no warning that we aced in less than a day, I chose my moment, when the rolls ran across the screen and I knew she'd wait for me, praying to the God of RNG that the numbers would be in her favor. I knew that feeling, I knew that we were perfect for one another, and as I switched from /p to /whisper I was about to type the words, I love you! Then it happened, she rolled 100 to my 98. My feelings for her changed immediately--I was about to call her out, that pay to win +15 noob. But it was too late....the unstable servers sent her soaring into oblivion and I could only stand there and watch as her image fell to an 'offline' status. I know now Love is too cruel a game in the world of TERA....at least I had the last piece for my Deathwrack.
    shrugs

__

In all seriousness though, seems like this competition will be a hoot. Can't wait for the release of new costumes. <3
  • cringe

bodyis4characterstooshort
  • feminziifeminzii ✭✭✭
    what? it has to be true?
    LF boyfriend
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to confirm if we have to tell our experiences or can we use fictional storytelling set within tera?
  • cyzrongcyzrong ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Digivolve wrote: »
    I would also like to confirm if we have to tell our experiences or can we use fictional storytelling set within tera?

It does state "Write down your true tale of love and/or marriage and how it all started in TERA." on the announcement page.
    (http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-true-love-story-contest)

@Spacecats can all the entries be released for public viewing?
    I want to read. :<
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    cyzrong wrote: »
    Digivolve wrote: »

It does state "Write down your true tale of love and/or marriage and how it all started in TERA." on the announcement page.
    (http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-true-love-story-contest)
    What I want is official confirmation, not random assumptions

• feminzii wrote: »
    what? it has to be true?
    LF boyfriend

:c I'm a writer, I want to make one up! Also, I have an SO already x_x who I did not meet on tera. There goes my chance at winning a pretty dress D: will just have to pay for one I guess, lulz.
  • Vote us Prom King & Queen 2k17.
  • 5FDKJNWDTW wrote: »
    can I just submit this instead of e-mailing it? here is my video

Found myself smiling. This is brilliant!
  • Zyxin wrote: »
    Vote us Prom King & Queen 2k17.

This is adorable :3
  • FerriaFerria ✭✭✭
    @Spacecats 500 words is like... so short xD Hahahah
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Zyxin wrote: »
    Vote us Prom King & Queen 2k17.

+1 for the jealousy scenes
  • Can we please get a confirmation as to whether or not friends are allowed to count?

Because while I already drafted up something (that I'm gonna have to re-write because I just read the word limit was 500 and this story wound up 1600), it's also between people who aren't involved romantically behind the keyboard; just our characters are in love (though I do adore my bestie with every fiber of my being).
  • TsinTsin ✭✭✭
    CinnaMin wrote: »
    Can we please get a confirmation as to whether or not friends are allowed to count?

Because while I already drafted up something (that I'm gonna have to re-write because I just read the word limit was 500 and this story wound up 1600), it's also between people who aren't involved romantically behind the keyboard; just our characters are in love (though I do adore my bestie with every fiber of my being).

I'm assuming that it doesn't necessarily have to be romantic love and can just be love in general, but it is infuriating that the contest is purposely vague so it isn't 100% clear whether it must be romantic love or not. Mod confirmation would be appreciated.
    Also while the word count is 500, can I get any confirmation as to whether entries will be rejected if they are less than 50 words over the word limit (I.E: the total amount of words are 540 or 510)? I'd rather not lose out on the contest entirely because my entry was 10-15 words over the limit (500 words for a proper and serious story is already too little IMO).
  • Tsin wrote: »
    CinnaMin wrote: »
    Can we please get a confirmation as to whether or not friends are allowed to count?

I'm assuming that it doesn't necessarily have to be romantic love and can just be love in general, but it is infuriating that the contest is purposely vague so it isn't 100% clear whether it must be romantic love or not. Mod confirmation would be appreciated.
    Also while the word count is 500, can I get any confirmation as to whether entries will be rejected if they are less than 50 words over the word limit (I.E: the total amount of words are 540 or 510)? I'd rather not lose out on the contest entirely because my entry was 10-15 words over the limit (500 words for a proper and serious story is already too little IMO).

I also want to ask regarding this...because I did draft something too and 500 words just ain't enough... :( is it strictly 500 words or can we exceed? Please? lol because I can't tell the whole story properly summarized... :o