[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Dragon Scales!

135

Comments

  • Dvsv wrote: »
    Nice Spacecats, i got my post deleted cuz i said the sad truth?
    Your post got eaten by the spam filter, probably because you edited it too much over a short period of time. Who knows why the forum does this, but it is a known issue. But if it was actually moderated directly by a moderator, you could see it show up here.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    *looks around at all the crabby people*

    I just want them both bankable so they don't clutter up my personal inventory. I don't even care that much about the dragon.

    ...Although I WOULD love more chances at getting a red one, which would be possible slightly quicker if the scales were bankable...

    *goes and hides*
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catservant wrote: »
    *looks around at all the crabby people*

    I just want them both bankable so they don't clutter up my personal inventory. I don't even care that much about the dragon.

    ...Although I WOULD love more chances at getting a red one, which would be possible slightly quicker if the scales were bankable...

    *goes and hides*

    Looking at how golden finger was when introduced and how it was changed I can asure you that we will have dragon scales bankeable but we can't know for sure how much time we have to wait for that to happen.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon scales won't be bankable, shouldn't be bankable, why? 1st, farming bots, 2. This new system will give you a Dragon after completing the required mats, it is not RNG anymore, if it was older system, yeah dragon scales should be bankable. About fragments many said they need to be bankable and most likely soon they will be. So if you are asking for Dragon Scales for a system that has no RNG and gives a dragon to you to be bankable is crying for hand outs, because after Fragments become bankable all you need to do is gather 10 dragon scale which is easier on NA with just doing BGs and then bank the Fragment, if it is hard and consuming for you, then there is nothing to discuss.

    PS: you can't compare dragon scales with golden fingers. If you think about them you understand that this new system has no RNG, it has a dragon reward in the end while GF tokens has a very nasty RNG. You can't compare these two when has a certain reward and the other is based on a stupid RNG.

    Personally I opened more than 100 boxes, one +16 crit, two +10 power, one +8 power, one +12 crit. if GF tokens had better RNG, yep they shouldn't have been bankable, but they are crap. Don't compare these two, think about how the system works then jump to a conclusion. Forums become request for hands out recently and barely can see constructive threads anymore.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    you can't compare dragon scales with golden fingers. If you think about them you understand that this new system has no RNG, it has a dragon reward in the end while GF tokens has a very nasty RNG. You can't compare these two when has a certain reward and the other is based on a stupid RNG.

    Actually they both have certain rewards. Just because you don't like the rewards you're getting doesn't mean you're not getting them.
  • 128 iod per day ? u need around 32 hours to finish lol
  • I can see no reason for them not to be bankable. Regardless of how you got them, you still worked for them. Why should it matter what character you did it on?
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Dragon scales won't be bankable, shouldn't be bankable, why? 1st, farming bots, 2. This new system will give you a Dragon after completing the required mats, it is not RNG anymore, if it was older system, yeah dragon scales should be bankable. About fragments many said they need to be bankable and most likely soon they will be. So if you are asking for Dragon Scales for a system that has no RNG and gives a dragon to you to be bankable is crying for hand outs, because after Fragments become bankable all you need to do is gather 10 dragon scale which is easier on NA with just doing BGs and then bank the Fragment, if it is hard and consuming for you, then there is nothing to discuss.

    PS: you can't compare dragon scales with golden fingers. If you think about them you understand that this new system has no RNG, it has a dragon reward in the end while GF tokens has a very nasty RNG. You can't compare these two when has a certain reward and the other is based on a stupid RNG.

    Personally I opened more than 100 boxes, one +16 crit, two +10 power, one +8 power, one +12 crit. if GF tokens had better RNG, yep they shouldn't have been bankable, but they are crap. Don't compare these two, think about how the system works then jump to a conclusion. Forums become request for hands out recently and barely can see constructive threads anymore.

    Dragons aren't tradeable. Outside of the event, you have to actually do decently difficult dungeons to get one. Goldfinger Tokens/Ghillieglade, on the other hand, is actually the same faceroll boss for a minute every day and seems much easier to bot.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Dragon scales won't be bankable, shouldn't be bankable, why? 1st, farming bots, 2. This new system will give you a Dragon after completing the required mats, it is not RNG anymore, if it was older system, yeah dragon scales should be bankable. About fragments many said they need to be bankable and most likely soon they will be. So if you are asking for Dragon Scales for a system that has no RNG and gives a dragon to you to be bankable is crying for hand outs, because after Fragments become bankable all you need to do is gather 10 dragon scale which is easier on NA with just doing BGs and then bank the Fragment, if it is hard and consuming for you, then there is nothing to discuss.

    PS: you can't compare dragon scales with golden fingers. If you think about them you understand that this new system has no RNG, it has a dragon reward in the end while GF tokens has a very nasty RNG. You can't compare these two when has a certain reward and the other is based on a stupid RNG.

    Personally I opened more than 100 boxes, one +16 crit, two +10 power, one +8 power, one +12 crit. if GF tokens had better RNG, yep they shouldn't have been bankable, but they are crap. Don't compare these two, think about how the system works then jump to a conclusion. Forums become request for hands out recently and barely can see constructive threads anymore.

    1) Easier to "farm bot" Ghillie than it is to any 5-man dungeon or BG.

    2) It's not RNG yes, but the dragon in the end isn't tradeable only bankable. It's just cluttering to have dragon scales sitting on every character you play, and even more annoying to have dragon scales sitting on a character you barely play but you still EARNED those scales. Every scale you acquire and would put in your bank is a scale you earned, you're just no longer artificially delayed on acquiring the end reward.

    and yes, you can compare Dragon Scales to Goldfinger Tokens because they both give you a reward. Just because you acquired an innerwear you personally don't want doesn't mean you completely lose out since it's tradeable and you can sell it. I personally opened more than 100 boxes and have acquired plenty of Basic/Signature innerwears (the top tier superior versions), and since Goldfingers were made bankable I could take the ones I had left sitting on old characters and make even more $$.

    Also lul, a system which transfers our own items from one character to another is being called a "hand-out".......
  • Partyblast wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Dragon scales won't be bankable, shouldn't be bankable, why? 1st, farming bots, 2. This new system will give you a Dragon after completing the required mats, it is not RNG anymore, if it was older system, yeah dragon scales should be bankable. About fragments many said they need to be bankable and most likely soon they will be. So if you are asking for Dragon Scales for a system that has no RNG and gives a dragon to you to be bankable is crying for hand outs, because after Fragments become bankable all you need to do is gather 10 dragon scale which is easier on NA with just doing BGs and then bank the Fragment, if it is hard and consuming for you, then there is nothing to discuss.

    PS: you can't compare dragon scales with golden fingers. If you think about them you understand that this new system has no RNG, it has a dragon reward in the end while GF tokens has a very nasty RNG. You can't compare these two when has a certain reward and the other is based on a stupid RNG.

    Personally I opened more than 100 boxes, one +16 crit, two +10 power, one +8 power, one +12 crit. if GF tokens had better RNG, yep they shouldn't have been bankable, but they are crap. Don't compare these two, think about how the system works then jump to a conclusion. Forums become request for hands out recently and barely can see constructive threads anymore.

    1) Easier to "farm bot" Ghillie than it is to any 5-man dungeon or BG.

    2) It's not RNG yes, but the dragon in the end isn't tradeable only bankable. It's just cluttering to have dragon scales sitting on every character you play, and even more annoying to have dragon scales sitting on a character you barely play but you still EARNED those scales. Every scale you acquire and would put in your bank is a scale you earned, you're just no longer artificially delayed on acquiring the end reward.

    and yes, you can compare Dragon Scales to Goldfinger Tokens because they both give you a reward. Just because you acquired an innerwear you personally don't want doesn't mean you completely lose out since it's tradeable and you can sell it. I personally opened more than 100 boxes and have acquired plenty of Basic/Signature innerwears (the top tier superior versions), and since Goldfingers were made bankable I could take the ones I had left sitting on old characters and make even more $$.

    Also lul, a system which transfers our own items from one character to another is being called a "hand-out".......

    i would give up on them. they are a complete hypocrite. they say bankable scales are handouts but asking for free reward points isnt.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    So around 2 years ago, I remember Tera, Disco/Ambit/Gen/Renegade times, There was no weapon/armor box, you could run mid tier dungeons multiple times w/o a single drop of any weapon or armor, there were no spellbind drop from dungeons, no ID scrolls drop, no MES drops, crystal boxes not this easy to get, BES was expensive, no personal Alka, no gearing quests, no bonanza box, no tokens to get gears, no IOD bams to get gold/tokens/feedstock, dungeons were harder, VM mats harder to get, Classes were weaker, all in all what we have now is way easier than what we had then, the sad part is we have way more cryings now over gears and stuff in the forums than those days. There were no Kyra potion specifically for mats, they were no anniversary tokens, they were no Mongo or Neon Mongo or any bam event, MWA wasn't 7G, Extensive alka wasn't 10-12G, SB was 18-20G, SES wasn't 120-150G, making golds way harder, gearing up way harder, finishing dungeons way harder, we didn't have the rookie ress, they were more wipes but all in all way less crying. Also they were less glitching and less abusive 3rd party programs, I am not going to go to this subject again.

    So I stand on my stance than this forum community is so fed up with stuff and got too fat and lazy and so spoiled that wants everything way easier, and if you stand against it in a normal manner, you get attacked, people used the white knight title so much which lost its meaning and now goes with the new word hypocrite which soon if not already will lose its meaning.

    The fun part is I stand with fragments being bankable and not just Dragon scales, and getting 10 dragon scales seems so hard to you that you go on attack mode to just prove my 1st paragraph.

    Also, you compare Reward points to Dragon scales and try to bring logic? I don't even need to go on details since anyone that really plays know how it works and why I mentioned it. In game dragon was planned to reward dedicated hard core players, not any casuals, Reward system was designed to reward anyone that plays the game. You put this two in one category and you want me to call you smart?

    Golden fingers are not the same as Dragon scale, Dragon scale gives you a luxury mount which is designed to be handed over to the dedicated hard core players that do specific late game stuff such as high tier dungeons and winning bgs and you can do whatever you were doing w/o it, also dedicated hard core player already got their dragon with gold or EMP, GF tokens also is bankable right now after couple of years being in game, they are not from a system which is introduced recently and inners are not luxury anymore, they are part of gear progression and are needed. Anyone can see the difference here easily, but as I said, you just want it easy, being opposed to your idea makes you edgy.

    PS, you talking about bot farming GG and high tier dungeons? Are you joking? with mechanics on VS or VSHM? Do you even know what has been happening in this game? No, those players will bot the best place to farm Scales, BGs, I didn't want to mention it specifically but it seems you don't know what is happening. If Scales become bankable, bot farms will have bots farming on multiple clients, Also they will have more reason to glitch and exploit bg on multiple chars, some here wonder why BG credits were removed, this was the reason, Educate yourself about the things that is happening in the game, also as mentioned, hard core players to get one, yeah the whole idea seems lackluster but it is how it is planned and it should remain this way.

    Also players say they are untrade-able, so what? Imagine if EME send 10K personal Alka to each level 65 by parcel, is it fine? Is it alright? Is it not gonna hurt the game and its economy? it will hurt economy because no one will buy MWA, Extensive or Premium Alk, and the price goes down so hard and ruins the game, just an example. If Dragons become so easy to get, and it will be open for farm and exploits, you think it won't hurt the game and economy because they are untrade-able? Would anyone get them from stores or other players if they get it fast and easy? You know that Dragons made selling VM gears easier for sellers? You know what a good gold sink it is for economy and game? just few examples.

    Call me hypocrite all you want, but few of you players here, have no idea how game was doing before and have no idea how game is working now, just brought down forums to a crying therapy sessions asking for easier than easy stuff.

    Updated: Fixed a lotta typos, I know still more to go :D
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Also, you compare Reward points to Dragon scales and try to bring logic? I don't even need to go on details since anyone that really plays know how it works and why I mentioned it. In game dragon was planned to reward dedicated hard core players, not any casuals, Reward system was designed to reward anyone that plays the game. You put this two in one category and you want me to call you smart?

    Actually the higher tiers of the reward system are there for dedicated players only (who pay either with time or real money), not for everyone. Those who don't want to pay or play enough get the lower tiers, so that's exactly like the dragons. Also, you're the one saying that getting reward points is hard while getting scales is easy, but you do realise you get both for doing the same thing right now, right? (again speaking strictly about the IoD event) And that once the event is over you'll have to run hard* dungeons to get the scales while the points are still easily gotten via IoD?

    *subjective, of course.
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Also players say they are untrade-able, so what? Imagine if EME send 10K personal Alka to each level 65 by parcel, is it fine? Is it alright? Is it not gonna hurt the game and its economy? it will hurt economy because no one ill buy MWA, Extensive or Premium Alk, and the price goes down so hard and ruins the game, just an example.

    You do know you can't use Personal Alkahest to awaken and +15 something, right? You need MWA, Extensive or Premium for that, so the market wouldn't suffer that much, especially with VM gear being easier to get, according to you (certainly not to the point of ruining the game, good lord, what kind of game do you play? Broker only?)
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Call me hypocrite all you want, but few of you players here, have no idea how game was doing before and have no idea how game is working now, just brought down forums to a crying therapy sessions asking for easier than easy stuff.

    Here's the thing: we don't need to know how the game was before, you want to know why? Because we don't live in the past. Yes, everything is easier than it was before, so what? That's how things go: enough people complain about something being to hard (and some players leave because of that), so they adjust the difficulty. They have to change things to keep the game fresh. Are you one of those people who complain about technology making life easier, too?

    Also, the hypocrite thing is about you complaining when we ask for stuff, then you doing the exact same thing as us. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KarmaTheAlligator asking and crying are too different thing, demanding and suggesting are two different thing. you want the whole world agree with you? You maybe have a bunch on forums to back you up, but we all know none of us representing the actual players which are playing the game. The most hypocrite thing here, no one can go against your suggestions, demands, cryings but you can go against everything. It goes both way, also you didn't reflect anything I said in that post.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    PS, you talking about bot farming GG and high tier dungeons? Are you joking? with mechanics on VS or VSHM? Do you even know what has been happening in this game? No, those players will bot the best place to farm Scales, BGs, I didn't want to mention it specifically but it seems you don't know what is happening. If Scales become bankable, bot farms will have bots farming on multiple clients, Also they will have more reason to glitch and exploit bg on multiple chars, some here wonder why BG credits were removed, this was the reason, Educate yourself about the things that is happening in the game, also as mentioned, hard core players to get one, yeah the whole idea seems lackluster but it is how it is planned and it should remain this way.

    Can you explain the extra benefit of botting for scales on more than 1 char as opposed to doing it on a single char?

    Also, how does one bot a BG without getting reported multiple times?

    Also, also, who bots for stuff they can't sell?!
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, but I don't see anyone crying or demanding anything. Those other players were suggesting, just as you were. their wording isn't the same, but those are suggestions nonetheless. I don't care about the world agreeing with me, do you think I type all this just to get upvotes? What I want is for you to start being logical.

    Yes, neither of us represents the whole player base, but when did I say otherwise?

    Oh, I make demands, do I? OK, find me one topic that I started asking for stuff. Just one.
Sign In or Register to comment.