[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Dragon Scales!

Comments

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Some of you keep bringing up the island of dawn event like it's a permanent thing. It isn't. It goes away in a few days and then it's back to the way things have always been. Under those normal circumstances, players only get a single scale from running high end dungeons. At best 8 a day if all you do is log in and run the high ilvl stuff. That's not even 1 box per day. Under those optimal circumstances but under the worst possible rng that's two months of farming. Probably more, since realistically speaking most people do other content throughout the day that does not involve scales, and the rng chance on getting a dragon from a box is pretty low.

With this as context, there's no reason not to be able to bank dragon scales. I say this as someone who spent over 3 months getting one by farming scales on my main. The things are just piling up on my main character that has no real use for them, when they could be going on an alt. Don't tell me to buy bravery potions with those, either; I get that for free every day or I could just buy it on the broker for cheap.

The only reasons people have come up with against the idea of banking dragon scales have been ridiculous notions about deterring bots and idiotic talking points involving "hand outs" from people who don't run harder endgame content to begin with and have never had to deal with the situation they're writing about personally. I can say this confidently because one of them is only talking about scales within the context of this event, implying that he's never obtained them by running dungeons (or that he simply forgot), and the other has said before that they prefer not to run difficult content because of their higher ping. It's fine if you don't do harder stuff, no one's judging you, but If you have no actual involvement in a topic, then writing about it only reveals your ignorance surrounding the subject; that has never been clearer than in this very thread, watching users argue against something that would only help their fellow players and has virtually no downsides.
  • I personally don't think dragon scales should be bankable. There'd be too many dragons if they were. There's a difference in the difficulty between 400 scales on one char VS 400 scales amongst a bunch of chars. IMO things are fine as is now. Yes it kind of sucks but I don't really enjoy the idea of seeing everyone and their alts having a dragon either tbh
  • ValiantCorvusValiantCorvus ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Call me hypocrite all you want, but few of you players here, have no idea how game was doing before and have no idea how game is working now, just brought down forums to a crying therapy sessions asking for easier than easy stuff.
    Hm. That's rich coming from you.

I've been playing this game off and on since beta. You can get off your [filtered] high horse on that point, no one cares.

You complained about people wanting proportional rewards to the dungeon highlight events when you even admitted yourself that you were incapable of completing velik's sanctuary NORMAL mode. And you want to say we want easy stuff? Literally no one here is looking for a handout, because as it stands right now you don't even know what the meaning of getting a handout is. I know this will be difficult for you to understand, but making the scales bankable will not make the dragon easier to get. Hell, you'll still have to put in the same amount of playtime and dedication to do it. All it does is remove the artificial obstacle of "time" that you have to wait for your vanguards to refresh.

But I know what your fallback will be. "I'm a veteran player, I know better, stop asking for handouts". No one gives a [filtered] how long you've played this game.

• KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    There's a difference in the difficulty between 400 scales on one char VS 400 scales amongst a bunch of chars.

It's not a matter of difficulty, it's a matter of time (or rather, a matter of being forced to wait). Scales not being bankable forces you to only get 8 a day, and there's nothing you can do about it, you have to wait until your vanguards refresh to get more (even if you have the time to play more). Scales being bankable means you'll get your dragon faster only because you're not being forced to wait, but you still have to put in the same amount of effort.

And what's wrong with having more dragons around? They help everyone by making runs faster.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't think dragon scales should be bankable. There'd be too many dragons if they were. There's a difference in the difficulty between 400 scales on one char VS 400 scales amongst a bunch of chars. IMO things are fine as is now. Yes it kind of sucks but I don't really enjoy the idea of seeing everyone and their alts having a dragon either tbh

This is another opinion I've seen a couple of times here. It's an opinion, but it isn't really an argument for why players shouldn't be allowed to bank scales they've already earned.

>There'd be too many dragons
    So? It's a random crit proc in PvE content only. It literally only helps you by making your dungeon runs end faster, which makes your DPS higher.
    >There's a difference in the difficulty
    You'd still have to actually farm scale tier dungeons on your alts, or on your main, or whatever! Either way, you're still farming the same handful of dungeons relentlessly; now you just have more freedom in how you do it, and instead of spending two to three months or more playing the same character in the same dungeons until you hate it, you get to spend like, a month farming across your alts without feeling confined to a single class.
    >I don't really enjoy the idea of seeing everyone and their alts having a dragon either tbh
    While I appreciate your honesty, that isn't really an argument against being allowed to bank scales. And for what it's worth, most people who get a dragon will use it the first day in public, realize how out of place it looks, and then use the mount they've been using instead. :shrug:
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    but I don't really enjoy the idea of seeing everyone and their alts having a dragon either tbh

You'd need to do some pretty shady things to be able to see who has how many dragons and on what chars.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I personally don't think dragon scales should be bankable. There'd be too many dragons if they were. There's a difference in the difficulty between 400 scales on one char VS 400 scales amongst a bunch of chars. IMO things are fine as is now. Yes it kind of sucks but I don't really enjoy the idea of seeing everyone and their alts having a dragon either tbh

Exactly this, I call it a hand out because with dragon scales bankable, Dragons would be as useless as Noble Moon, and that is exactly what those people wants. I got 2 dragons with 400K each, planning to get 2 more. Because I can and I don't need to cry and attack anyone for it.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    because with dragon scales bankable, Dragons would be as useless as Noble Moon

Explain, please. How would scales being bankable make the dragons useless? Please, please tell me you're not going on about their use as a prestige item or something like that.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Voidy two month of farming seems long to you? That is what I was talking about, easy and fast is all you want. We had two months of farming to get mid gear sets for 2 alts with prefect rolls and all.
  • ValiantCorvusValiantCorvus ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    [quote] Exactly this, I call it a hand out because with dragon scales bankable, Dragons would be as useless as Noble Moon, and that is exactly what those people wants. I got 2 dragons with 400K each, planning to get 2 more. Because I can and I don't need to cry and attack anyone for it.[/quote]Except that isn't what would happen. At all.

Are you even playing the same game? Even if you spent the entirety of this week, 1 hour each day farming iod with 2-3alts, you still wouldn't have enough collectively. And dragon scales take a good chunk of time to farm otherwise.

Hell, they're not even comparable. As long as the dragon buffs exist, dragons will NEVER be useless. The only reason noble moon is useless is because the Mongo event literally dropped hundreds of skill books per player, and their buff was made useless with the removal of stamina.

You're comparing two things that aren't even remotely alike.
  • > @LesbianVi said:
    > @Voidy two month of farming seems long to you? That is what I was talking about, easy and fast is all you want. We had two months of farming to get mid gear sets for 2 alts with prefect rolls and all.

Good for you, I had full set of mid tier gear, fully enchanted, perfect rolled, and etched within the first week of their release.

How is that relevant?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making scales bankeable would help those who want to get more strong pots also.

Dragons from scales can't even compare with cash shop dragons because if lucky you will get a 1.5 crit dragon but most of times you will get a dragon mount without that buff and worse, the dragon is not tradeable so nothing to take a great advantage here.
  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    I don't get why some people are so against dragon scales being bankable. Aren't these dragons non-tradeble? How exactly would it bother you if other people are able to obtain these dragons faster? If anything it would just help avg parties to clear dungeons faster because more people will have access to 1.5 crit power buff (not that its huge but its still something) and like ElinUsagi said they are still inferior to 'p2w' dragons so its not like that those who spend real money should be at disadvantage either. No offense to anyone but I feel like some people here just don't want/like others acquiring stuff more easily and comfortably than they probably had to.

I personally do not see any harm in making dragon scales bankable. Its only really common sense to make them bankable. I am not asking for handout ; we will still have to farm dragon scales and 400 scales is not a small amount to farm. Making them bankable will just help avg players.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭

Why not? It's less stuff we have to spend gold on to somewhat max out an alt. There's +15 weapon, VM gloves, VM chest (tanks), new innerwear, Quatrefoil/Empowered/Quickcarve Brooches, Dragons (450-500k on a 2.0 Dragon is already stupidly expensive), 4/4 Rings, Dyads.

For a game that encourages alts, it sure makes gearing them up really hard.

And if anyone wants to say that I just want dragons easier, I already have 4 of the 1.5 dragons with one more coming soon.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Making scales bankeable would help those who want to get more strong pots also.

Dragons from scales can't even compare with cash shop dragons because if lucky you will get a 1.5 crit dragon but most of times you will get a dragon mount without that buff and worse, the dragon is not tradeable so nothing to take a great advantage here.

Every dragon you earn from the scales, whether it's lucky RNG or the 100% one you get after farming 400 scales, has the 1.5x crit passive. The only regular dragons without a passive you get are the account bound ones from the cash shop.