[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 7/23 at 7am PDT, and have an expected downtime of approx. 4 hours. For details, visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/2Ocm9O4

Ways to improve TERA

124»

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Lynnetta said:
    > Can we please get rid of gender locked races? I want a cute little elin boy to play with. o:)

But Elins are males, aren't they?
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    > @Lynnetta said:
    > Can we please get rid of gender locked races? I want a cute little elin boy to play with. o:)

Well, let's get some school boy outfits then. :3
  • I actually prefer the fast leveling system we have now. I think being able to level more classes quicker is good because playing the same class get's stale and there isn't much difference in "specs" or "builds" within the same class.

Fixing PvP endgame would be a move in the right direction. PvE leaderboards would be nice too. I think an expansion could solve both those issues, but right now TERA has the most generous F2P model out there, and consequently I don't think they make as much money as they could and now we are seeing the end result of this model.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

Monogendered/Genderless, really. But that's a whole other can of worms that's better left unopened.

Back on topic, can the devs stop making it so that if your gear score fluxes from changes to equipment, stop resetting the quest progress?! Seriously, someone's going to get a very nasty letter if I, again, go through half an IoD quest and then have to start over because I wanted to swap out a ring.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laethys wrote: »
    I actually prefer the fast leveling system we have now. I think being able to level more classes quicker is good because playing the same class get's stale and there isn't much difference in "specs" or "builds" within the same class.

Fixing PvP endgame would be a move in the right direction. PvE leaderboards would be nice too. I think an expansion could solve both those issues, but right now TERA has the most generous F2P model out there, and consequently I don't think they make as much money as they could and now we are seeing the end result of this model.

As someone above said, the extremely fast and easy leveling that TERA has now, overshadows the beautiful open world and the option to take on the many BAMs around the world of TERA. Not that you haven to, since they been nerfed to the ground to cater to casuals.

What TERA could benefit from, would be to have 2 options for leveling. If you choose the easy path, you will level just like we do normally right now. But if you choose the Legacy path, or Experienced path, you will be placed together with the rest of the people who chose that path, into a separate area and the leveling will be just like it used to be pre BAM nerf, with bigger rewards for the effort of course. This path would be the perfect for those who want to practice with their class of choice instead of power leveling to 65 to get right into the end game.

This way you can please both the players who just want to level as quick as possible to get right into the end game action, and those who would rather prefer a slower leveling but experiencing the world of TERA, lore, etc, more in depth as they rise through the levels.
  • Zoknahal wrote: »
    Laethys wrote: »
    I actually prefer the fast leveling system we have now. I think being able to level more classes quicker is good because playing the same class get's stale and there isn't much difference in "specs" or "builds" within the same class.

As someone above said, the extremely fast and easy leveling that TERA has now, overshadows the beautiful open world and the option to take on the many BAMs around the world of TERA. Not that you haven to, since they been nerfed to the ground to cater to casuals.

What TERA could benefit from, would be to have 2 options for leveling. If you choose the easy path, you will level just like we do normally right now. But if you choose the Legacy path, or Experienced path, you will be placed together with the rest of the people who chose that path, into a separate area and the leveling will be just like it used to be pre BAM nerf, with bigger rewards for the effort of course. This path would be the perfect for those who want to practice with their class of choice instead of power leveling to 65 to get right into the end game.

This way you can please both the players who just want to level as quick as possible to get right into the end game action, and those who would rather prefer a slower leveling but experiencing the world of TERA, lore, etc, more in depth as they rise through the levels.

So you want a new channel that applies a debuff to your character reducing damage and crit rate by half, cause that's the only thing that really changed. We get a few levels of strength faster, and the avatar weapons crit like crazy.
  • edited June 2017
    Add bots to queue for leveling dungeons after 5 minutes of not finding a party, so people can continue on their way with a mission rather than praying for a healer or someone to answer them in area/global. Not available for level 65 dungeons.

A solo or maybe even team instance of the endless wave variety, those are fun in just about every game. Kinda surprised we don't already have it. Also more maps for Kumas Royale, while we're at it fix the environment in the current one. The camera goes through the wall and unlike most dungeons, the wall doesn't fade. Makes things interesting for players who zoom way out.

Put more information on character select screen. Seeing how many daily/weekly vanguards, how many friends are online, how much unread mail they have, would all be pretty helpful for those of us who run a dozen characters regularly.

Assign ranks to guild bank tabs, so each one can have a different restriction level. It'd be great if new recruits had access to the low level crystals/enchanting supplies tab while not being able to touch the end game consumables tab.

Introduce crafting/enchanting/gearing tutorial to the level 65 zone with an option to skip it, so many new players have zero idea how to craft anything and that help menu is entirely useless. Enchanting with gear is something you don't find out unless you're one of those players who click on and hover over everything on screen, and nobody seems to realize just how much resources they're going to get from those few missions you get when reaching 65 and as a result they're spending everything they've accumulated to get enchanted guile. Which leaves them a little stuck on where to go from there, and since the level 65 tokens look so different they really don't understand what those even do for the first day or two which again has them wasting valuable new player resources.

In game visuals of boss attacks/dungeon mechanics. After fixing that terrible help menu, maybe add to it a list of monsters and dungeon mechanics. In the form of gifv/mp4 video highlights that show key sequences in slow-mo with maybe a glimpse of how to avoid it, such as showing the armadillo boss from Velik's Hold as it is jumping into the air, and highlighting a player iframing as it starts to descend so we can understand that mechanic a little better or know it before we go in. Definitely highlight the unblockable attacks a tank will have to avoid as well.

Update that training area where Zerkers go to learn new skills, so that players can use those dummies as a dps counter (in-built dps counter shoulda been a thing forever ago) and work on rotations. Maybe even give those dummies a highscore that resets every month, give those afkers something to casually compete over.

Fix the stupid inherent chains that utterly destroyed skill chains. I know, I know, many of you are going to say "git gud, don't use spacebar" and to that I say... nothing, because I have nothing nice to say towards people like you, we all have our preferences and I congratulate you on your ability to accurately race across the keyboard.
    Rather than inherent chains which remove our ability to customize our skills sets and ability chains, add that feature as an editable property to all skills. How much better would chain skills be if you had the option to place multiple responses to a skill, and it chooses them in order based on cooldown availability (same way inherent chains work). You could build multiple combos off one or two openers and not be limited by the single chain set there is now, which is utterly ruined with the introduction of inherent chains that block the ability to key certain skills. This idea alone is something that will make your console port much much more viable, but leave that delay that is there now because skilled button/keybaord mashers should be rewarded with faster input times than someone like me who will press spacebar as often as possible. That's just common sense, because i would actually be half decent at pvp if I could use spacebar with the same response time as players who manually smash keys like some frantic jazz piano player.

@Halrath @Spacecats @seandynamite
  • Ardire wrote: »
    i think the biggest nail in the coffin for this game for me personally was the introduction of +15

This. I've tried coming back to TERA so often. But once I have to +15 a new weapon, I just lose any interest in continuing to play. The game has become grindy in the worst way possible. MCHM and WHHM were grindy in that you had to do them a lot; but, that's nowhere near as bad as the grind introduced with +15.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pl3rion wrote: »
    Ardire wrote: »
    i think the biggest nail in the coffin for this game for me personally was the introduction of +15

This. I've tried coming back to TERA so often. But once I have to +15 a new weapon, I just lose any interest in continuing to play. The game has become grindy in the worst way possible. MCHM and WHHM were grindy in that you had to do them a lot; but, that's nowhere near as bad as the grind introduced with +15.

You can ignore the +15 stuff and only awaken the gear.

+15 would be for the most dedicated players or the most luckiest also.