Status Update and Community Call-to-Action Regarding Recent Increase in Lag-Related Incidents

Comments

• SeikilosSeikilos ✭✭✭
    [spoiler] > @ElinUsagi said:
    > kubitoid wrote: »
    >
    > counterpoint wrote: »
    >
    > kubitoid wrote: »
    >
    > suggestion to move to another datacenter was made long ago. dont wanna dig old threads
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well, the Wonderholme test server was actually a test of that very thing. But the problem with all these things is that you're trading one set of problems for another. And like I said before, this game is much more lag-sensitive than most other MMOs because of the combat system. (The whole engine was really designed for FPS games where people hosted local servers...)
    >
    >
    >
    > maybe its time to make tera p2p game instead of dedicated servers. im not pro just repeat like parrot wat others say ))
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > P2P will reduce the amount of players maybe by half or even less, however those who will be willingly to pay to play will be those who spent money on costumes.
    >
    > I asure you that the firts players to jump out of the ship if Tera become p2p again are those who won't spent more than $15 per month in this game.
    >
    > But do not be afraid, even in your other loved games as BDO they have the same problems https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/constant-issue-in-bdo-that-needs-to-be-rectified-now.19560/ but here in Tera we don't acknowledge that and when lag strikes this game several people say that the problem is only Tera itself xD.
    >
    > Not only Tera and BDO but other games as Neverwinter On-line, League of Lendeds, Tree of Saviour, just to mention some of them, have issues regarding lag spikes, disconnections and problems that users keeps calling as Game Servers related.
    >
    > Good luck thinking all lag will disapear from this game if EME invest millions of dollars when the US country has one of the worst network backbones between the 20 more important economies in the world.
    >
    > Sad but true, start to demand to your country for a better internet network backbone and you will see how many of these games will reduce their "players lag issues" like if some magic was casted. [/spoiler]

"...(side note it's not our PC's, the problem is on your end)..."

"...and don't post a single message saying that it is being looked at,..."

"...Kakao said was fixed..."

Damn it, devs and publishers are everywhere the same, aren't they? The same generic answers everywhere. I mean , I understand that in this whole industry each company can't be TOO far from eachother, but I really felt that EME had something different even after Tonka and the gang left. Don't know if you guys read this link and I don't know your reaction to it, but this just demolished even the last hopes I had.
  • KL9RNE73J4 wrote: »
    is the game worth it or is it an abandoned lag game?

just quit this game :^)
  • @counterpoint, dude,what are you 12? a traceroute machine is 10$, lets say 50$ you don't need to use super high end pc to traceroute,hell a win 98 machine can traceroute.
    Peering to the company servers is done via their choice and I suspect Zayo.
    EME dosen't need to go to the server/node, the ISP needs to go on site,when your call your ISP you do him a favor to improve services.
    My ISP has IP ranges from 5.x.x.x to 188.x.x.x or 230.x.x.x and like I said @Denommenator IP request is uselss it does not serve any porpuse.My peering is very good till it hits Zayo nodes/servers.
  • I can't quit if i haven't even started it yet.. i am just watching the servers to trying to figure out which one to choose. 12 hours ago there was a different server recommended but both were the pvp ones does it matter which one i choose or are they all laggy? i am very turned of by the prospect of lagging ..:/
  • server doesn't they all lag.
  • server doesn't count they all lag
  • SocateKun wrote: »
    server doesn't count they all lag

which will you suggest for better overall? not in terms of lag .
  • DreadweaverDreadweaver ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Some ppl say AV is dead. CH is for mentally strong ppl. :winky:
    So I assume one other three (TR if you don't want pvp)
    Depends what you really want from game. How someone can advise if no one knows what you searching for? At least give some info)
  • I want the game to be fun and enjoyable with no flame and big community so i can have more options to trade stuff but not so big and old that i would never have a chance to be a top player. I don't like pvp much but when i play it i want it to be fair. i want to be able to fly around or at least glide i want an immersive experience that will captivate me for hours and will keep me interested on playing with other people. i want to feel useful and to play with other people and not grinding alone all the time.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    KL9RNE73J4 wrote: »
    I want the game to be fun and enjoyable with no flame and big community so i can have more options to trade stuff but not so big and old that i would never have a chance to be a top player. I don't like pvp much but when i play it i want it to be fair. i want to be able to fly around or at least glide i want an immersive experience that will captivate me for hours and will keep me interested on playing with other people. i want to feel useful and to play with other people and not grinding alone all the time.

Look at the forums and you will see how people like to flame other for any reason-

If you read the forums you will see how some end-game players wants to get all delivery without them have to trade with other players, so these people want to kill the market.

If you read forums you will see how some pvpers wants EME to convert all pvp content in unequalized content, so they don't care about skills vs skills.

You can fly in most places over the Tera World.

Well, looking for an active guild that their members are on-line when you play is a must for you reading the last part. Otherwise you will die of boredoom (that's if you don't like easy solo content).
  • The fact that i get answers in here is encouraging.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard BnS having things way worse and many players, specially from other regions, stop playing on NA, many can't even update their launcher, why NA internet is too shet now? :eh:
  • SeikilosSeikilos ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's NA only. EU people keep saying they lag constantly too (spikes for 55 ping to 160 for example) even though the distances in EU aren't that great. It's this that makes me think it might not be only the zayo thing, it might be something IN the game too. If EME and GameForge could join forces a bit to see what's the problem we could have some results. BUT EME is too small to have anyone notice them and Gameforge, well, is Gameforge. I don't think they will take their time helping anyone, not even if that would help themselves.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seikilos wrote: »
    I don't think it's NA only. EU people keep saying they lag constantly too (spikes for 55 ping to 160 for example) even though the distances in EU aren't that great. It's this that makes me think it might not be only the zayo thing, it might be something IN the game too. If EME and GameForge could join forces a bit to see what's the problem we could have some results. BUT EME is too small to have anyone notice them and Gameforge, well, is Gameforge. I don't think they will take their time helping anyone, not even if that would help themselves.

on BnS people from UK, Germany got 300 ms ping, what the heck is happening :anguished:
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Seikilos wrote: »

on BnS people from UK, Germany got 300 ms ping, what the heck is happening :anguished:

-Terrible and dated infrastructure
    -Lack of enforced regulation to stop intentional throttling from isps
    -No competition or reason to really provide high quality service
    -Connection to EME's service always had higher ping than typical due to various reasons, for example I can get 60-70 ping to Chicago (on League at the moment it's 69) and even on Kritika I had ~70 ping but after their OBT I get ~120 ping minimum like I do for Tera and it even fluctuates a lot as if I am using a wireless connection
    -Our hardware and infrastructure doesn't favor how games work

Here's one of Riot's blog posts about the issues they had to deal with, and despite them investing a lot they still run into issues here and there:
    https://engineering.riotgames.com/news/fixing-internet-real-time-applications-part-i

Part 2 and 3 for those interested:
    https://engineering.riotgames.com/news/fixing-internet-real-time-applications-part-ii
    https://engineering.riotgames.com/news/fixing-internet-real-time-applications-part-iii