[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

TSNM event

1246713

Comments

  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Palomina wrote: »
    What is other way to acquire talismans right now then? I am a new player ; not someone who has been playing for months and has stored enough mats/money or someone who can swipe and acquire vm9 in a day (have a friend who literally did just that). I cannot do vshm because it needs +15 blah blah. Lakan's treasure chests have low chance to drop them and I am not rich enough to buy 200 chests either. So if there is some other way to acquire talismans then please tell me because honestly I would like to know it as well (and don't say BG jackpot please).

    Pretty sure me and others have told you to find a guild that'll let you run whatever content you want without needing a +15.

    Smh man do you really think I haven't tried finding such guild already ? I have literally joined and quit 4+ guilds already because of this. Even the most active guilds on my server aren't really 'active' for me because I play from an odd timezone :(
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palomina wrote: »
    Palomina wrote: »
    What is other way to acquire talismans right now then? I am a new player ; not someone who has been playing for months and has stored enough mats/money or someone who can swipe and acquire vm9 in a day (have a friend who literally did just that). I cannot do vshm because it needs +15 blah blah. Lakan's treasure chests have low chance to drop them and I am not rich enough to buy 200 chests either. So if there is some other way to acquire talismans then please tell me because honestly I would like to know it as well (and don't say BG jackpot please).

    Pretty sure me and others have told you to find a guild that'll let you run whatever content you want without needing a +15.

    Smh man do you really think I haven't tried finding such guild already ? I have literally joined and quit 4+ guilds already because of this. Even the most active guilds on my server aren't really 'active' for me because I play from an odd timezone :(

    Ooh, 4+. That's not a lot of guilds on your server.

    Seriously, look for a guild that maybe lists the timezone they usually play in, or pay attention to the guilds that are on when you play and contact all of them. I'm from EU, so I looked for EU guilds. Tried a few, made a few friends along the way, and then I got what I wanted (for reference, I was in the same boat as you back then, shortly after Ruinous Manor was introduced, couldn't find parties to do end game dungeons, and now I'm on full VM8 +15 with almost 3 Deathwrack pieces to my name).

    If you still can't find what you need after doing this, you might need to switch servers.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why you go after another player again?

    You know as many players suggested, VSH needs more rewards. I say, just like IOD VG event, VSH should have extra VG reward, change it each week, so that doesn't break the economy or make the items worthless.

    Items could be: 3-5 GF tokens, 1x dragon Scales ( I recommend we add more items to Dragon Scales shop for those which doesn't need/want Dragon) Noct Loot boxes x1 or 2, Circlet Fragments x5 ( many might not this right now, but later new circlet comes out and also you can sell trade-able mats for more gold), Personal Extensive Alkahest x20, etc.

    I think if this happen, they can put VM mats around in easier dungeons once awhile (not often or VM loses its meaning) as I said to ease up getting mats for those farming it to make it relaxing after hard core farming.

    @Halrath @seandynamite give it a thought. You guys did good recently with listening to community's feedback.

  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Why you go after another player again?

    Is that for me? If it is, it's because said player has been complaining about something (not finding groups to run end game stuff), been given a solution to it that works (find a guild/static group), and is still complaining about the same thing, making it seem like they didn't even try the solution, and that irks me.
  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Why you go after another player again?

    Is that for me? If it is, it's because said player has been complaining about something (not finding groups to run end game stuff), been given a solution to it that works (find a guild/static group), and is still complaining about the same thing, making it seem like they didn't even try the solution, and that irks me.

    You know its all easier said than done, right? Its easy give solutions on forum but completely different thing to actually try that in-game.

    I didn't even try the solution? what makes you think so? I literally even made a thread in guild recruitment section about lfg but guess what? It got buried. I feel like everyone is jumping on me here simply because my opinion is against most of you guys :( What is so wrong if they put [filtered] talisman as a (rare?) drop from an easier dungeon for 3 days?
  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    Palomina wrote: »
    Palomina wrote: »
    What is other way to acquire talismans right now then? I am a new player ; not someone who has been playing for months and has stored enough mats/money or someone who can swipe and acquire vm9 in a day (have a friend who literally did just that). I cannot do vshm because it needs +15 blah blah. Lakan's treasure chests have low chance to drop them and I am not rich enough to buy 200 chests either. So if there is some other way to acquire talismans then please tell me because honestly I would like to know it as well (and don't say BG jackpot please).

    Pretty sure me and others have told you to find a guild that'll let you run whatever content you want without needing a +15.

    Smh man do you really think I haven't tried finding such guild already ? I have literally joined and quit 4+ guilds already because of this. Even the most active guilds on my server aren't really 'active' for me because I play from an odd timezone :(

    Ooh, 4+. That's not a lot of guilds on your server.

    Seriously, look for a guild that maybe lists the timezone they usually play in, or pay attention to the guilds that are on when you play and contact all of them. I'm from EU, so I looked for EU guilds. Tried a few, made a few friends along the way, and then I got what I wanted (for reference, I was in the same boat as you back then, shortly after Ruinous Manor was introduced, couldn't find parties to do end game dungeons, and now I'm on full VM8 +15 with almost 3 Deathwrack pieces to my name).

    If you still can't find what you need after doing this, you might need to switch servers.

    What do you expect me to do? stop focusing on other activities and just keep joining new guild every other day? Besides that I am not the kind of person who likes to jump guilds every other day. I tried joining several guilds , I got rejected from some and some didn't offer what I was looking for. Trust me I have tried everything by now but the game is so dead during my playtime that it is very difficult to do high tier dgs unless you are already +15. As I am writing this , lfg is literally empty.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palomina wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Why you go after another player again?

    Is that for me? If it is, it's because said player has been complaining about something (not finding groups to run end game stuff), been given a solution to it that works (find a guild/static group), and is still complaining about the same thing, making it seem like they didn't even try the solution, and that irks me.

    You know its all easier said than done, right? Its easy give solutions on forum but completely different thing to actually try that in-game.

    I didn't even try the solution? what makes you think so? I literally even made a thread in guild recruitment section about lfg but guess what? It got buried. I feel like everyone is jumping on me here simply because my opinion is against most of you guys :( What is so wrong if they put god [filtered] talisman as a (rare?) drop from an easier dungeon for 3 days?

    And like I said, I've been in the exact same situation before, so I'm speaking from experience. I have in fact done exactly what I described. And it's pretty easy to do, it just takes time.

    I said it "seems like it" because you're still complaining about not having +15 to be accepted. And for the record I have nothing against EME putting the talisman in the event.
  • @Palomina I can understand your frustration, just learning the game, trying to build up a community of people you enjoy playing with is difficult in its own right. But what Is exceptionally difficult to understand is that Dropping Talismans from these free dungeons is only going to hurt you more in the long run.
    The reason why you're seeing all of these +15 only LFGs, in my opinion, is two-fold, 1) With as much materials as EME has been giving out for free, +15ing is the easiest it has ever been in all of the patches I've played, so the general party is going to _expect_ you to be 15. 2) The loot from VSH sucks, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, It is nearly impossible for anyone to make any money off of that dungeon. Essentially the only reason why people run it is because they are bored, and maybe are missing a couple of odds and ends to make their boots or something. What this means though, because it's such a large time investment for all but the top parties, the people running this dungeon want to have a 90% or above certainty that they are going to one-shot each boss, and the best metric we have with LFG is whether or not you have a +15 weapon, or if you're skilled.
    The biggest reason why people want that assurance, is that if you wipe, once, even once, even if a boss fight takes longer than 15 minutes it will always be more profitable and more reliable and more efficient to just run another one of the brain-dead dungeons. Because these people making the +15 lfgs only, I guarantee you had ~30 Talismans before VSH even came out thanks to that VHNM 'event'.

    EME is hurting their game, and their community by adding these free drops, and refusing to discuss the drops in the hardest dungeon at the moment.

    On the other hand, Most of the LFGs you're going to see this weekend are <TS X4 LF +15 T/D only> so.... good luck with that I guess.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Palomina wrote: »
    What are you basing this on?

    From past experience with dungeon highlight during anniversary event. I did lots of abscess runs and got only like 2 masks , rest of the time bonus drops were either feedstock or candy (mostly candy lol). This time I am sure its pretty much going to be same with TSNM dropping feedstock most of the time.
    I wonder how all the other people bypassed that bottleneck without a TS event and you were the only one left at it...

    What is other way to acquire talismans right now then? I am a new player ; not someone who has been playing for months and has stored enough mats/money or someone who can swipe and acquire vm9 in a day (have a friend who literally did just that). I cannot do vshm because it needs +15 blah blah. Lakan's treasure chests have low chance to drop them and I am not rich enough to buy 200 chests either. So if there is some other way to acquire talismans then please tell me because honestly I would like to know it as well (and don't say BG jackpot please).

    as a guarateed drop only vshm. but every single bg chest (sea chest, kuma victor chest, battle reward etc), as well as follower's and lakan's chest have a chance to drop them.
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    > @Palomina said:
    > saltedcaramel wrote: »
    >
    > what's stopping you from trying to learn VSHM then @Palomina?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nothing except for the fact that every lfg doing VSHM on my server accepts only +15 dps. Tell those people to accept a +12 dps and I will gladly learn VSHM o:)

    You could make your own.
  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    Ves1978 wrote: »
    Palomina wrote: »
    What are you basing this on?

    From past experience with dungeon highlight during anniversary event. I did lots of abscess runs and got only like 2 masks , rest of the time bonus drops were either feedstock or candy (mostly candy lol). This time I am sure its pretty much going to be same with TSNM dropping feedstock most of the time.
    I wonder how all the other people bypassed that bottleneck without a TS event and you were the only one left at it...

    What is other way to acquire talismans right now then? I am a new player ; not someone who has been playing for months and has stored enough mats/money or someone who can swipe and acquire vm9 in a day (have a friend who literally did just that). I cannot do vshm because it needs +15 blah blah. Lakan's treasure chests have low chance to drop them and I am not rich enough to buy 200 chests either. So if there is some other way to acquire talismans then please tell me because honestly I would like to know it as well (and don't say BG jackpot please).

    as a guarateed drop only vshm. but every single bg chest (sea chest, kuma victor chest, battle reward etc), as well as follower's and lakan's chest have a chance to drop them.

    I already said that the chance is very low. I heard a guy on discord telling that he got 2 talismans after opening 100+ lakan's treasure chests. I cannot afford to spend gold buying these treasure chests or bg boxes and bg's have 40+ min queues during my playtime so...
  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    Haggard86 wrote: »
    > @Palomina said:
    > saltedcaramel wrote: »
    >
    > what's stopping you from trying to learn VSHM then @Palomina?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nothing except for the fact that every lfg doing VSHM on my server accepts only +15 dps. Tell those people to accept a +12 dps and I will gladly learn VSHM o:)

    You could make your own.

    *sigh* Do you really think I haven't tried that already? If I do that I either become a meme of the day cuz vshm in +12 LOL or I end up waiting endlessly, not finding any party members. :unamused:
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Palomina,

    1) There are definitely guilds and lfgs that will accept a misery player (with correct rolls, crystals, and glyphs of course.) You just need to show that you know what to do in the dungeon and aren't constantly dying. A few deaths is fine, as long as you aren't constantly dying. How do I know this? Because there are misery players in my guild that do it every day. One of the +12 misery players cleared the HM dungeon 4x yesterday.

    2) Didn't you say that you play from Australia? I'm really sorry you have playtime/timezone issues, but the unfortunate fact is that this game is from an NA based publisher with the NA timezones in mind. Have you tried looking for a SEA/Aussie guild? I know there is one on MT. I know EME wants you to be able to enjoy the game, but they can't change an event for people from a region that BHS says they don't even have access to. We have a few players from NZ, and they have so far managed to become skilled in VSNM, and have cleared VSHM several times. Maybe you'll have to try another server.
    Palomina wrote: »
    I already said that the chance is very low. I heard a guy on discord telling that he got 2 talismans after opening 100+ lakan's treasure chests. I cannot afford to spend gold buying these treasure chests or bg boxes and bg's have 40+ min queues during my playtime so...

    You don't have to buy them... you can get them from doing dungeons... which you have to do to get feedstock and MWA. In fact there's an event very soon in a dungeon that drops them...
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palomina wrote: »
    From past experience with dungeon highlight during anniversary event. I did lots of abscess runs and got only like 2 masks , rest of the time bonus drops were either feedstock or candy (mostly candy lol). This time I am sure its pretty much going to be same with TSNM dropping feedstock most of the time.

    Did you also do a lot of VH NM? I walked away from that with 30 talismans, the chance was quite alright and no need to roll on it.
    What is other way to acquire talismans right now then? I am a new player ; not someone who has been playing for months and has stored enough mats/money or someone who can swipe and acquire vm9 in a day (have a friend who literally did just that). I cannot do vshm because it needs +15 blah blah. Lakan's treasure chests have low chance to drop them and I am not rich enough to buy 200 chests either. So if there is some other way to acquire talismans then please tell me because honestly I would like to know it as well (and don't say BG jackpot please).

    So, you didn't do VH NM event cause you are too new. You don't wanna do BGs because...reasons. You can't do the endgame dungeon because nobody wants you. Yet, you believe you deserve BiS gear. Do you know a +15 Ambush weapon on TB is about the same price as a DW design(in some cases it's even cheaper)? People -will- take +15 Ambush but you don't want that, you want the top gear despite being unable(and not willing) to do the content to obtain it even though a good chunk of that content has been(and still is) perfectly newbie friendly.
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I'm still rocking an imp +15 weapon lol, and I have no problem getting into vshm runs. My weapon is basically equal to misery gear, and all my crystals, rolls, etc. are perfect. Ive learned that once you impress the right people, you start getting invited to runs, I always make sure that I iframe everything perfectly and die very rarely, so I guess while not being completely op in damage, I'm considered a safe choice because I know the mechanics and stay alive.
This discussion has been closed.