[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

TERA True Love Story Contest WINNERS

Comments

• CONGRATS Nic and David! Your video is awesome and I loved being there in S H I N E for part of your love story. :)

Hi! o// I'm Nicole (Shy) and here's the video we submitted! Sorry about the iffy editing, I'm not used to Sony Vegas and we had to cut it down a lot to make it short (the original finished project was 12 minutes but I figured that was too long so I had to cut a bunch of stuff last minute to help with the time).

Also my cat wanted attention in the beginning sorry :>

ps- Our fav cut moments/outtakes are at the very end! \o/ Ahh, David and I are so excited!!

• xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    Love at first Giga

It was a hot and humid summer day on the hot pulsating tarmac of Velika Outskirts. The intense summer heat had many of the regulars by the river in their swim apparel, It was during my time by the river I noticed him; Blur. His slender high elf body contrasted only by dazzling eyes and lips that I could escape into a million times and never grow old of. The heat paired with the presence of such a lancer was driving me insane — I had to do something to get his attention. I walked over to him and brushed his luscious hair back behind his ear to whisper, “Wipe pad?” we formed the group without drawing too much attention. The tension was building, I could hardly contain myself. Holding hands we made our way to pad with every intention to unload together on the unsuspecting visitors. My willpower was charged and ready to be used entirely at Blurs command. We ran together towards the mass of people, “Giga” he whispered to me, the giga was beautiful white rope was shot everywhere pulling the unsuspecting victims together for my love fueled Balders. It was 4 seconds of pure bliss. My willpower now entirely depleted and Blur’s giga now on cooldown we laid there together surrounded by the dead bodies while posting in area chat, “ggez”. This was the first of many gigas I would follow-up for my new (guild) master Blur.

• Here's my submission :) Unfortunately we didn't win, but congratulations to the winners regardless and I can't wait to see how else TERA has touched people's love lives!

https://pastebin.com/ufTd1DJr
  • This is so cute! I'd love to see the winning entries +some extras that you guys liked but didn't win!

Looking forward to the stream and updated on this topic!
  • CONGRATS Nic and David! Your video is awesome and I loved being there in S H I N E for part of your love story. :)

Hi! o// I'm Nicole (Shy) and here's the video we submitted! Sorry about the iffy editing, I'm not used to Sony Vegas and we had to cut it down a lot to make it short (the original finished project was 12 minutes but I figured that was too long so I had to cut a bunch of stuff last minute to help with the time).

ps- Our fav cut moments/outtakes are at the very end! \o/ Ahh, David and I are so excited!!

Bella!!! You and Smeg are the best for sticking around so long, thank you so much!! ♡♡♡ I think some of my fondest memories are doing alliance with you guys, I miss that so much!

Omg logged in today to find this
    zoyzPQM.jpg
    Thank you Bella and Smeg, You guys are awesome!!
    David here~!

PS: to the guy who asked about the servers of the winners, Shy and I (Mhoz) are from Tempest Reach!
  • AmontAmont
    edited June 2017
    Hey everyone! This is Amontt and my wife is vena.cava. since someone asked we are on Celestial Hills and we will be posting our love story video this weekend. I just jump on to say that I love all of these stories! And to congratulate all the other winners! I hope that this event shows that anyone can find their true love in any place and I hope that Tera continues to Unite people like it did with all of us :) and I wanna thank Tera once more for making all of this possible and I can't wait for the twitch feed!
  • TsinTsin ✭✭✭
    So the two winners that came forth have apparently done videos. Are any of the winners written stories...?

Also why was there a >500 word limit on written entries but video entries could be 5+ minutes long?
  • AmontAmont
    edited June 2017
    @Tsin We sent in a writting 500 word love story but for u guys we are doing a video. Because we felt it would be nice to do a video for the forum. Otherwise we would have already posted it.
  • edited June 2017
    @Tsin Kath and I also sent in a 500 word story, as mentioned above you can find it here: http://alpacatorium.com/index.php/2017/06/22/tera-true-love-story-contest/ (the story itself is at the bottom~)
  • Congrats to the winners!
    Here's hoping moderators check the future contest threads and try to get to more questions people ask.
  • Tsin wrote: »
    So the two winners that came forth have apparently done videos. Are any of the winners written stories...?

Also why was there a >500 word limit on written entries but video entries could be 5+ minutes long?

Totally get what you mean, we were kinda worried about this. We knew we would struggle to get it into 500 words so we opted to do a video, and we hoped that if other couples felt that way they'd be able to make a video too (though i understand some people may not have the time/resources/etc). We did our best to try to keep this in mind with our video though because we didn't want anyone to feel like those that made videos had an advantage over other people. :/
    If it helps a little, our original video that had everything we wanted was 12 minutes (like, not all the footage [which was multiple hours because we kept getting sidetracked or nervous or interrupted], but the actual final cut we wanted to upload of edited work) and we talked and realized that was SO BEYOND the point of being unfair and way too over the top (plus did anyone need to hear everything in so much detail? No. We're really cheesy so we kinda ramble a lo when we talk about one another so out of that running time so much of that was unnecessary heh). So we did our best to shorten it in every way we could. We also are kinda slow talkers at some points and the actual submission ends at like... 4:40 something I think? But we have some footage after of my cat being in the way or cars honking really loudly outside when we were trying to talk that I just put in for fun. There we also some really redundant things I wasn't able to cut since I often sad like three sentences in one breath and there was no way to edit it to sound even remotely natural - I think at one point I said something like, "I was guileless, and then I ran with a guild, and they saw I needed a guild, and then invited me to join the guild, and then I did" or something stupid like that. How many times can I say guild in one minute?! Lel. I could've been way more concise by simply saying I was invited to a guild partway through a dungeon run and left it at that.

But we totally get what you mean and we're sorry if anyone felt like there was any sort of unfairness due to a semi-long video :c Mostly I think we were just overly excited for this since we talk all the time about how thankful we are for Tera and wanted to include screenshots/clips of us, though we probably could've done that by attaching images to a written submission. I'm sorry if we caused anyone to feel like we were bending rules or anything like that.
  • @KeepItCreepy I don't think ur video was too long. We were going to also do a video but we are limited on time and I know the hours I can spend editing as I do Tera dungeon videos. But we had a target time of 4-5 mins if we did make the video. and honestly I thought ur video was super sweet and well done. I think Tera knew what they were doing when they set this up and took everything into consideration when reading/watching the videos so I was never concerned with that. 500 words was plenty really because it allowed us to tell our story but not fill it up with boring in-depth info. I also included pictures in our written letter so they could put a face to the characters. Ok now I'm just talking to much haha congrats to you both! Great work!