The Server Lag for SEA/OCE

I understand you guys have now changed from Savvis to Qwest
Its 'ok' But there is periods of times that it just doesn't do anything.

Even attempting rn to clear vs first boss is a nightmare.
Is anyone else having these issues? Or is EME Really tryna eradicate SEA/OCE?

Comments

• get better net
  • I pay 200 bucks a month for my net that gives me 2-3ms anywhere i am.

Im sorry but this is the most un-intellegent answer to give someone.
    I just want a straight answer from someone in the gm's
  • kya gettin triggered
  • JasonTERAJasonTERA ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    mhm..first of all, Ping is mostly not related to your internet speed. Even if you use 1gb down/up internet line, you cannot get 2-3ms ping to the TERA server (as well as any kind of game)

second, what did exactly happen to you? if you were experiencing ping spike for a short time but occasionally (like once a min), it can be the issue that most people experience.
    If your ping is simply over 200+ (red ping) constantly, it might by either your internet problem or TERA server.
    If you were having FPS drop, it is mostly like your computer (hardware) problem. Even if you have a beast computer with over specs, you might get FPS drops (like down to 5-10 fps) if there is something wrong on either on your hardware or your software(in case some driver or program is crashing with TERA itself).

Various people experience various situation. And mostly people just say it is "LAG". Well, that is not helpful to improve the stability of TERA (even thought it is not players' job :dizzy: )

So..what did you mean it was nightmare in VS first boss?
  • Lags and spikes are so different for all of us and we are all so different woth our PC, their models, providers and countries that you have yo give a better explanation of your issue.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    xKalila wrote: »

i mean multiple parties cleared hm with lag etc during the anniversary event, my friends from asia/australia and eu, we did it, why is nm such a challenge now? its only a nightmare if YOU MAKE IT ONE :D
  • saltedcaramelsaltedcaramel ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    it might not just be the servers in your case

(edit: the tone of that was wrong, didnt realize til i re-read it. Aus seems to be having more issues than anyone else)
  • @WKRHEJ6GDL I mean within australia since majority of you seem to know who i am lmao...
    I spike anywhere from 300-12k ms on tera since the transfer from Zayo to Savvis and now its even worse with Qwest, look guys you're all saying different things cause obviously you aren't suffering these same issues doesn't mean to say others aren't stop being stupid and look at it from another perspective lmao, If im bad ill say im just a sh*t C*nt

But in this case the spiking is insane
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I pay 200 bucks a month for my net that gives me 2-3ms anywhere i am.
    I mean within australia since majority of you seem to know who i am lmao...
    I spike anywhere from 300-12k ms on tera since the transfer from Zayo to Savvis and now its even worse with Qwest
    I'm from perth I pay $80 for my net and generally lucky to get up to 1ms , I'm with vivid wireless and yes run wireless and (well last time I played was a few hrs ago) the worse/highest ping I get maxes out at 350
    but some time back was usually 90 to 150
  • Wtf? 90 to 150? With vivid?
    Wtf? Really? Im sorry but i dont believe that.
    But if you get that then im happy for you.

Cause ive been at 295/300ms of a better part of 3years on tera.

And tbh id like proof of this Cause i really highly doubt you're getting 90 to 150ms IN AUSTRALIA lol Wtf
  • Melbourne based. Average of 220-230 ms with NBN. And I don't think it's so much the hardware because my friend has a beast of a comp and the ping is only slightly better (200ms ish?). We think it's mostly the server, and because we are in koala land :o
  • MnesisMnesis
    edited June 2017
    @xKalila calm down and use logic. That person lied or trolled, 100%
    Australia to America uses AGG or Asia-America Gateway which is 20,000Km long undersea cable from Australia to Asia to west coast USA(just west coast, not to EME server location). In perfect condition, that cable is a straight line with no nodes/equipments in between and data travels at the speed of light, that would be 133ms ping. Those are ideal conditions that don’t exist in the real world.
    This is a Latency Estimator that you can use to estimate real world RTT http://wintelguy.com/wanlat.html the average ping from AU to NA using AGG is about 233ms. If you have that and pay about $60 for unlimited TPG plan, be happy with it. You can pay more for better ping but i guess 180-190ms is the best you can go with teltra business plan. 90-150ms from Australia is straight up lying.

edit note: all the numbers above are only for AGG and disregard the distances from your house to AU node and from west coast node to server location

fun fact : If you choose the shortest route, the maximum distance between two locations will never be more than halfway around the planet. Halfway around Earth is about 20,000 km. In short, you live in the worst place on earth to play any NA based game
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    En masse keeps changing carriers because their data center is completely unreliable.. just wait a week or two, it'll switch back entirely at random.

Edit: Oh, and for the record they changed from zayo to savvis, not savvis to qwest. Previously they were load balancing, but disabled zayo completely in the last couple days because somehow it crashed their login servers.
  • xKalila wrote: »

savvis = qwest. savvis and qwest are both subsidaries of the same parent company centurylink. when you do a tracert/ping to eme's support line, it shows both of them at once, not just one. maybe you're thinking zayo to savvis?
    aside from that, this is tera you're talking about. there's gonna be a shitload of spikes and things that make this game unplayable. you're also playing a game that primarily caters to a whole different continent from yours so you've gotta get used to it. it's disappointing and no one condones it but get used to it or keep whining.