[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Differences i have noticed playing kTERA so far.

1. Switching servers channels does not have delay, only loading screens
2. Skills acquired at leveling is different- eg. you get Thunderbolt at level 14 on Archer
3. That 1 server out of 2 servers is very populated- Rally Quest is hell though
4. Talent system.
5. My character's name is 'seraphinush' not 'Seraphinush'- the system does not capitalize the first character if it is an alphabet
6. Half-day signs are 53g each (iirc)
7. Ping.
8. Servers are quite stable- in a korean community, any hiccups could ruin the game's reputation and the publishers take it quite heavily
9. Very hard to find someone who doesn't take a Battle Solution within the first 10 seconds of the dungeon (Channelworks, Kalivan's Challenge)

1. Everything is very much expensive. eg. crit 16 innerwear costs more than 300k gold
2. BAMs do not drop Complete Crystalbind. eg. Complete Crystalbind costs about 3k+ gold
3. eg. Regular Crystalbind costs about 200 gold
4. There is no Masterwork Alkahest Box- i still don't know how to get Masterwork Alkahest
5. There is no Enchantment Bonanza Box
6. Ace Merchant does not have Tier 2 Etchings
7. BAMs do not drop Semi-Enigmatic Scroll. eg. 1 Semi-Enigmatic Scroll costs about 4k+ gold (iirc)
8. Island of Dawn BAM quests give 30 Tokens per Vanguard Quest
9. Free players do not have any access to Ghillieglade
10. There is no reset scrolls available in Vanguard Reputation Merchant- only thing worth buying is crystals which must be why it's quite cheap
11. There is no TERA Rewards System
12. There is no Scroll of Rapid Resurrection in the Specialty Store

Edit : Most of all- BAMARAMA IS THE BEST THING THAT'S EVER HAPPENED IN KTERA (everyone gambles from 5pm to 5am non-stop).

This is just a glimpse of what i've felt and noticed while playing kTERA- but it seems there's a lot more things given to the naTERA players, which is somewhat befitting the 'less grind' mentality the North American community has
Just a perspective on how different regions moderate the game :3

Cheers o/

Comments

• natianatia ✭✭✭
    1 semi costs 4k? jesus how do they have the funds to reroll jewelry

Do you know if rally/cu drops vm boxes there too?
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    natia wrote: »
    1 semi costs 4k? jesus how do they have the funds to reroll jewelry

Do you know if rally/cu drops vm boxes there too?
    They don't reroll jewelry that's only for the rich- they usually continue farming jewelry rather than rerolling
    Yes, rally/cu drops vm boxes as well.
  • NA is truly the ez mode zone and still QQs LUL
  • Re: the delay in switching servers, I've found here that it seems to be largely related to the number of characters you have on the server. I'm not sure if that's the same in K-TERA or not.
  • JasonTERAJasonTERA ✭✭✭
    4. There is no Masterwork Alkahest Box- i still don't know how to get Masterwork Alkahest

Ghillieglade is the only way you can get MWA in KTERA even though it is for VIP(Elite) players.
  • JasonTERAJasonTERA ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Re: the delay in switching servers, I've found here that it seems to be largely related to the number of characters you have on the server. I'm not sure if that's the same in K-TERA or not.

I think the "server" means "channel". There is no delay (5 sec) to switch channel in KTERA. They changed it long time ago.
  • JasonTERA wrote: »
    Re: the delay in switching servers, I've found here that it seems to be largely related to the number of characters you have on the server. I'm not sure if that's the same in K-TERA or not.

I think the "server" means "channel". There is no delay (5 sec) to switch channel in KTERA. They changed it long time ago.

Ohh -- okay that makes more sense. I wonder if there's any potential downside to any content in removing it?
  • JasonTERAJasonTERA ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    1. Switching servers does not have delay, only loading screens
    2. Skills acquired at leveling is different- eg. you get Thunderbolt at level 14 on Archer
    3. That 1 server out of 2 servers is very populated- Rally Quest is [filtered] though
    4. Talent system.
    5. My character's name is 'seraphinush' not 'Seraphinush'- the system does not capitalize the first character if it is an alphabet
    6. Half-day signs are 5g each (iirc)
    7. Ping.
    8. Servers are quite stable- in a korean community, any hiccups could ruin the game's reputation and the publishers take it quite heavily
    9. Very hard to find someone who doesn't take a Battle Solution within the first 10 seconds of the dungeon (Channelworks, Kalivan's Challenge)

1. Everything is very much expensive. eg. crit 16 innerwear costs more than 300k gold
    2. BAMs do not drop Complete Crystalbind. eg. Complete Crystalbind costs about 3k+ gold
    3. eg. Regular Crystalbind costs about 200 gold
    5. There is no Enchantment Bonanza Box
    6. Ace Merchant does not have Tier 2 Etchings
    7. BAMs do not drop Semi-Enigmatic Scroll. eg. 1 Semi-Enigmatic Scroll costs about 4k+ gold (iirc)
    8. Island of Dawn BAM quests give 30 Tokens per Vanguard Quest
    9. Free players do not have any access to Ghillieglade
    10. There is no reset scrolls available in Vanguard Reputation Merchant- only thing worth buying is crystals which must be why it's quite cheap
    11. There is no TERA Rewards System
    12. There is no Scroll of Rapid Resurrection in the Specialty Store

This is just a glimpse of what i've felt and noticed while playing kTERA- but it seems there's a lot more things given to the naTERA players, which is somewhat befitting the 'less grind' mentality the North American community has
    Just a perspective on how different regions moderate the game :3

Cheers o/

Let me add a few more differences.

1) Elite perks : KTERA VIP does not give elite gift box and consumable box.
    2) In-game Currency : KTERA has another currency called "ticket" (other than gold and coin) which is partially related to Cash stuff. You can purchase some of the items in cash store by ticket(eg. Semi, CCB), or purchase/sell an item with it on broker.
    3) KTERA does not have Locked Extensive/Spellbind Strongbox. They only have "Locked Strongbox" which NA TERA removed long time ago.
    4) No Fedeation Bill
    5) A few costumes can be purchased with Vanguard credit, but very limited(almost useless).
    6) KTERA strong bravery(Bravery II) has 10% damage increase, not 12% like us.
    7) For the most of loot boxes in their store, there is only a single loot box which includes all the series of items.
    e.g) there was only a single Volcanic loot box, and it has a chance to earn a random volcanic weapon/armor/wing/helmet. Indeed, it gives a random race's one, not a smart box. DOUBLE RNG.
    e.g) Same for Dragon loot box. A single dragon loot box has a chance to earn a random type of dragon and rarity(1.5crit or 2.0crit)
    8) For awakening and awaken enchant, KTERA requires the same amount of feedstocks as MWA.
    e.g) 200 MWA + 200 FS for each try of weapon awaken enchant
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this thread. I like NA Tera way more, was on EU, despite lag, still better region.

Things that we could see on NA to make it even better: (my opinions tho)

1. Less giving out massive amount of mats during events (enchanting mats/gear mats)
    2. Update to fashion coupons, even if the prices of pieces go up much more.
    3. Update to Fed bill store.
    4. less giving out massive amount of accessories to make them useless (looking at broker makes me cry)
    5. less giving in to players demands, yeah we have some stuff that needs to be looked at but giving in to those demands can lead to a dead patch sooner, so less active players and population decline.
    6. Server stability, This one should be 1st, but I can see that EME is really working on it, since we had some improvements so far.
    7. Forcing BHS to react to NA community's requests, such as update to Fashion coupon, optimization, PVP (Such as Revamped Alliance, better BG system, Revamp to outlaw Declaration and bringing back leveling PVP)

And Server merge:
    We need CH (RP PVE), MT (PVP, not 65 PVP), TR (PVE), This requires some planning, AV should be merged with CH, FF should be merged with MT, a short window of one Character free transfer from MT/FF to TR or CH. There should be a team of supports in a short time, to unbind mounts, costumes for the selected characters for the players that got full characters on merged servers such as CH, TR, MT. So that won't get rekt players and make them angry, about name they can give a complete wipe or do something similar to FF merge.

I think I am done :p
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    I am already surprised people want tera to be any easier, I haven't played a pc game that is as f2p friendly as Tera in NA. Although the actual irony is that I didn't ses any of my gear even in TERA NA like how KRs usually grind for their characters.

I actually will wonder how any player in NA would survive if the game actually copied KTERA's way wholesale.
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    Thanks for this thread. I like NA Tera way more, was on EU, despite lag, still better region.

1. Less giving out massive amount of mats during events (enchanting mats/gear mats)
    4. less giving out massive amount of accessories to make them useless (looking at broker makes me cry)
    5. less giving in to players demands, yeah we have some stuff that needs to be looked at but giving in to those demands can lead to a dead patch sooner, so less active players and population decline.
    6. Server stability, This one should be 1st, but I can see that EME is really working on it, since we had some improvements so far.
    7. Forcing BHS to react to NA community's requests, such as update to Fashion coupon, optimization, PVP (Such as Revamped Alliance, better BG system, Revamp to outlaw Declaration and bringing back leveling PVP)

And Server merge:
    We need CH (RP PVE), MT (PVP, not 65 PVP), TR (PVE), This requires some planning, AV should be merged with CH, FF should be merged with MT, a short window of one Character free transfer from MT/FF to TR or CH. There should be a team of supports in a short time, to unbind mounts, costumes for the selected characters for the players that got full characters on merged servers such as CH, TR, MT. So that won't get rekt players and make them angry, about name they can give a complete wipe or do something similar to FF merge.

CH should remain CH, as it is RP-PVE, merging AV and TR seems more logical in that context.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    aeee98 wrote: »
    I actually will wonder how any player in NA would survive if the game actually copied KTERA's way wholesale.

I imagine that anyone who can't put more than 2 hours a day (except on their day off) won't stay if the game gets to that level of grind, unless they already have everything they want.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »

And Server merge:

CH should remain CH, as it is RP-PVE, merging AV and TR seems more logical in that context.

TR already populated, if they do that, CH gonna take a massive hit, also don't be afraid, we don't bite.

Much :naughty:
  • MiskuChanMiskuChan ✭✭✭
    WrongHole wrote: »
    you forget the most important thing.. how the [filtered] they make gold?

Koreans have both a grinding and p2w culture, that's not unique to gaming either. Dropping a few thousand bucks on a game isn't seen as a big deal, some people actually respect it.

NA/EU on the other hand play to have fun/[filtered] and have the mentality that dropping a ton of money to get ahead is actually an incredibly cheap and skilless form of gaming. Which is why most western games e.g. gw2, WoW will shy away from letting money and grind impact too much. Although Korean games still tend to be p2w and grindy you can be thankful it's at least not to the korean extent.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

And Server merge:

TR already populated, if they do that, CH gonna take a massive hit, also don't be afraid, we don't bite.
    ~spaces snipped~
    Much :naughty:

I also agree that if we're gonna merge servers, just make the two smaller into one, not the biggest into an even bigger. I don't see the RP thing being an issue on AV, or... is there ANY actual difference between AV and CH population (as in how they prefer playing and stuff)? Only time I've seen some RP/E-R-P (friggen word filter) regarding my character was leveling a cute Priest in CH and someone started to hit on me and I stuff and I was like "Yeah maybe the character would want to marry you, the player not tho" and it ended there
    JasonTERA wrote: »
    [...]
    5) A few costumes can be purchased with Vanguard credit, but very limited(almost useless).
    [...]

Oooh THAT'S why there's that section on Dressing Room then! Makes sense... but useless in NA. Wonder if there will be anything implemented on that option (maybe the Black Label ones or the likes).