The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Disabling Server Transfers Until Further Notice

We recently were made aware of issues with the server transfer service that is resulting in some player characters not transferring correctly and/or ending up in a corrupted state. As such, we have decided to disable the server transfer service until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenient timing, but don’t want to risk characters getting into a state that we may be unable to repair.

I will make a post when the service has been reactivated.

Thank you!
-Sean

Comments

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then give us one free character server transfer for old players after fixing it :3
  • ScrapScrap ✭✭
    we don't need big freebies for every glitch or bug to ever exist in TERA tho lmao
  • Just give me access to my Felicity again.

Lost enough money having to replace what I lost. But Felicity is the one you can't replace.
  • BlurberryBlurberry ✭✭✭
    this is a BIG rain on my parade
  • BabitBabit ✭✭
    You seriously do this 5 days before HH. Now im going to be stuck on MT when i could be in 2 different raids on CH (my home server) and was planning to transfer.
  • Can I atleast get uhhhhh BONELESS pizza as compensation for having to wait?
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭
    Babit wrote: »
    You seriously do this 5 days before HH. Now im going to be stuck on MT when i could be in 2 different raids on CH (my home server) and was planning to transfer.

Not to be rude, but did you miss the part of the post that said "some player characters not transferring correctly and/or ending up in a corrupted state."

They had to disable server transfers because it's causing people to be unable to play their characters at all. There's no use in you being able to transfer back to CH if your character just becomes corrupt anyway.
  • hey do you have any clue when it may be back up? I was planning to switch for a week now and just when I get the emp to transfer its down I feel really unlucky
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    Ready for this to be fixed! :)
  • PantsuPantsu ✭✭
    This is an unacceptable inconvenience.
  • AcendiaAcendia ✭✭✭
    Huh, I was about to get back to playing after a little break and first thing I was about to do was 3 server transfers. What an odd timing.
  • Isn't this the 2nd time in in the last few months that the service is being cut?
  • We recently were made aware of issues with the server transfer service that is resulting in some player characters not transferring correctly and/or ending up in a corrupted state. As such, we have decided to disable the server transfer service until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenient timing, but don’t want to risk characters getting into a state that we may be unable to repair.

I will make a post when the service has been reactivated.

Thank you!
    -Sean
    I'm prepared for a server transfer right now at this moment. Money in had, and even doubled checked my items are safe.

When do you think you'll have this up ready? Or Have at least an update? I know it's been 2 days since this was posted, but I would like to know. Since I'm ready right this moment for one..
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    It's not like this was done lightly. They probably waited as long as they could before making the call. Players have mentioned losing items, emotes, some people have completely botched inventories. Player data has gone missing or become corrupted through transferring and it was decided to be too big a risk to let it carry on. It's poor timing but it's better than losing all your gear and not being able to play until support can restore it for you.
  • Yeah, I transferred my priest and encountered some issues. Thankfully I can still play it, but none of my pet summons work. Thankfully all my pet bank was holding was some feed, alk, and gathered mats.