VS Mentor Event

Comments

• KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    So everyone has to IM and you chose the hardest dungeon... Just, why?
  • JXE5356AKEJXE5356AKE ✭✭✭
    I mentioned this upon initial announcement of the event, but it's worth repeating here:

This event was delivered as-is for us to use if we chose. We can apply it to a specific dungeon and configure specific rewards, but cannot affect the core design.

We're running this largely as a trial run to see how it's received. We'll monitor and collect feedback surrounding this specific iteration of the event and pass it along to the devs. It's possible your feedback might influence some adjustments to the design of this system in the future so please try to provide thoughtful and well-reasoned feedback (instead of insults).

I suggest trials to be done on NOT the hardest dungeon in the game at the time? That's still EME's decision. And while you scaled it back to vsnm and vshm, it was originally vshm only. Does EME have numbers on what dungeons are completed by ims q the most? Consider looking at stats like that before making decisions such as these.
  • SereySerey ✭✭
    I mentioned this upon initial announcement of the event, but it's worth repeating here:

This event was delivered as-is for us to use if we chose. We can apply it to a specific dungeon and configure specific rewards, but cannot affect the core design.

We're running this largely as a trial run to see how it's received. We'll monitor and collect feedback surrounding this specific iteration of the event and pass it along to the devs. It's possible your feedback might influence some adjustments to the design of this system in the future so please try to provide thoughtful and well-reasoned feedback (instead of insults).

I don't think any of the players posting intended to be rude. I think its the culmination of frustration about this particular event, and the lack of acknowledgement the player base seem to get on particular issues to help keep the game fun and alive. Hopefully our feedback and complaints do reach the devs like you said and they can give us an event where its worth players time to mentor new and unskilled players.
  • Angeline wrote: »
    I'm tired of providing thoughtful and well-reasoned feedback. Don't you play the game? Haven't you ever tried to queue for a dungeon - especially a HM dungeon, especially a 4- or 5-star HM dungeon - with four other randoms? It's an experience in futility akin to providing EME with thoughtful and well-reasoned feedback.

Its well known that noone on Eme plays endgame. I remember when they did weekly "meet the devs" and everyone was like "yea, my main is a warrior lvl 63 and a reaper 60"
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Yeeeeeeah, I was planning on running this with my friend like I usually do. Together we're able to carry just about anyone. But doing it alone is a good way to waste several hours only to have the group collectively quit and screw me out of a run. Had it happen before. Not saying it's impossible to teach 4 people VSNM, just that it'd take more time than most people probably have. I'd rather use that much time and teach a friend or a guildmate tbh, not some random I'll never see again.

Kinda sucks how you guys are just handed an event as-is, but whoever designed it would've been better off eliminating all the shackles on it. Letting people choose between IMS or premades would've been great. Letting friends queue together and teach IMS newbies would've been great. This just forces people to play by themselves, which is the opposite of what most dungeon runners want to do in a multiplayer game. Good core idea, but yeah.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭

leroy jenking or no [email protected] B)
  • Wow. Better change to vhn and brn because It's a waste of time. I say this because I usually queue those dg's. I.e. Last vhn took 40min because my party was running like chickens without heads or dealing dmg in front with me as tank lol.
  • if queue at IM (solo) finish dungeon and earn the rewards, after that me and others players reset the instance , we will earn the rewards again if we clear and carry a rookie or not?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nopzeerah wrote: »
    if queue at IM (solo) finish dungeon and earn the rewards, after that me and others players reset the instance , we will earn the rewards again if we clear and carry a rookie or not?

This is a good question.

If the "unskilled" players don't get the "skilled" tag after clearing the dungeon that time then it could be done, however EME only knows what really happens doing that.
  • Well seeing as they received this from BHS as is I see the issue now (well aside from bad rewards). The Korean community has a higher density of serious players so I can see this being less of an issue there.
  • PeperoncinaPeperoncina ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Im disappointed with this event.
    Here is my point of view.

What's the point for a SKILLED and EXPERIENCED player to SOLO queque VSHM
    for try to be a mentor for rookie players...
    wasting consumables,
    noctenium, canephora, bravery,
    wasting time (hours... cause you're wiping for sure)
    and patience (health is important...)
    for what?!
    For a non-decent reward...
    IF... and only IF
    they clear that run?

Is it fun?
    Is it worth?
    Is it competitive?

Im sorry,
    I dont think so.

This event needed to be test before you EnMasse realesed it.
    You can change it in better, EnMasse,
    i'm sure, you can!
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    *Note Feedback :
    Event for vs works fine, im do im and get 2 skill more players, and 2 rokies, no drama a cooperation for do all ( somes mistakes but, who dont have mistakes huehuehue )

and is fine you recibe the nocterium, strong and scales at same time for parcel post via,

vshm is other history, but vs seems only worth for people who dont cares about wipe in vs.
  • SeikilosSeikilos ✭✭✭

You see this reaction because this is basic stuff. Like kiddengarden basic stuff. Every 65 player will tell you that qeueuing for top tier dungeons, even VHNM and BRNM is not worth it, cause who wants to spent an hour on VHNM wiping on first boss or second boss.. Maybe for the luls or because you are so bored and you want to waste some time.
    I'm soryy but you should have imagined what the reaction would be for that. It's like saying, "guys we gonna vanish all your hard earned gold. We know that it's not optimum but we expect your feedback (pls no insults)".What did you expect the reaction would be. You shouldn't have implemented this event at all. Promoting something that is wrong with the excuse of "he he, eh, umm, g-guys we know it's bad, we j-just collect feedback" makes you look bad on your comunity's eyes.
    I guess common sense is not that common after all.

And by the way.
    1) We'll monitor and collect feedback
    2) It's possible
    3) it might
    4) in the future
    5) pass it along to the devs

I mean, come on. we know there's a 99.9% possibility that BHS will just ignore you. I admire your persistence though...
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭

take a wild guess