[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/17 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

VS Mentor Event

12346»

Comments

• 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    LOL soloqueue vshm HAHAHAHA good luck

my pocketheal actually tried and spent 10min on the last 5% of HM Dakuryon before wiping at 0%. as for me, no thanks I don't feel like tanking for some... differently abled random I'll never meet again, and it would be even funnier if I ended up queuing into some [filtered] I've blacklisted before lol.

I dont know how the other dungeons work out because I don't fancy running faceroll garbage but in the context of vshm and/or other 5-star content, if you're gonna use an event to encourage skilled players to teach newbies, the skilled player(s) should be able to have at least one friend of his choice with him because carrying 4 rookies in vshm is very simply not happening. The other thing is I'd like to be able to choose which rookie to train - if we're gonna train people obviously we want something out of it in the long term (that is, larger pool of skilled players to run with), and with the IM-only requirement that's a bit impossible. Allowing people to lfg for a similar event also allows for more flexibility with party comps, so we can run doubleheal to train a healer (so an exp'd healer can show newbie healer how to position, when to not get into animlocks, etc.) or even doubletank (easier to show other tanks the more subtle nuances of positioning bosses rather than to tell them).

Too bad for them. You have such a charming personality.
  • PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    LOL soloqueue vshm HAHAHAHA good luck

my pocketheal actually tried and spent 10min on the last 5% of HM Dakuryon before wiping at 0%. as for me, no thanks I don't feel like tanking for some... differently abled random I'll never meet again, and it would be even funnier if I ended up queuing into some [filtered] I've blacklisted before lol.

I dont know how the other dungeons work out because I don't fancy running faceroll garbage but in the context of vshm and/or other 5-star content, if you're gonna use an event to encourage skilled players to teach newbies, the skilled player(s) should be able to have at least one friend of his choice with him because carrying 4 rookies in vshm is very simply not happening. The other thing is I'd like to be able to choose which rookie to train - if we're gonna train people obviously we want something out of it in the long term (that is, larger pool of skilled players to run with), and with the IM-only requirement that's a bit impossible. Allowing people to lfg for a similar event also allows for more flexibility with party comps, so we can run doubleheal to train a healer (so an exp'd healer can show newbie healer how to position, when to not get into animlocks, etc.) or even doubletank (easier to show other tanks the more subtle nuances of positioning bosses rather than to tell them).

Too bad for them. You have such a charming personality.

He is not wrong though.

VSHM is difficult and can be frustrating. Even with a full vm9+15 skilled party bosses take 6-8min each to kill and you can always wipe in there even with good players. A single mistake from one person can cause entire party to wipe. In such conditions you cannot simply queue up with randoms and expect to clear the dungeon while teaching them. You cannot expect people to waste 2-3 hours+ trying to teach a random person from other server they might never see again. Also, most people in ims don't even put an effort into learning. If you want to teach vshm to someone then that rookie should read guides and watch some videos aka prepare beforehand. You cannot just go in and do the dungeon just like that. If its 4 skilled and 1 rookie party then that rookie player will probably get carried without learning anything. If its more than 2 rookies then the chances are that the party will fail to clear the dungeon. That is why you want at least another friend or two with whom you can at least try to carry the party if things go bad. I wanted to help a healer friend learn vsh but this event won't be of any use to us since ims doesn't give you duo healers. Good idea but poor execution.

• Had an AIHM raid disband at 2nd boss yesterday. I was tanking, and pulled the boss to the sword, yet we were still wiping. I mean... I just don't know how I could possibly carry people who aren't even capable of killing mobs.

I already have low expectations from IMS yet people find new ways to disappoint me regularly.
  • NopzeerahNopzeerah ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    The event itself is good, but be available only soloq is a [filtered], having to carry 1 rookie okay. now having to carry 2-3 people who are either rookie or do not damage. A single run that usually takes 15 to 20 minutes Takes 1 hour, is not worth it. I dont receive award x2/x3 to carry 2/3 ppl.
  • SereySerey ✭✭
    Had an AIHM raid disband at 2nd boss yesterday. I was tanking, and pulled the boss to the sword, yet we were still wiping. I mean... I just don't know how I could possibly carry people who aren't even capable of killing mobs.

I already have low expectations from IMS yet people find new ways to disappoint me regularly.

this literally happened to me 2 days ago
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had an AIHM raid disband at 2nd boss yesterday. I was tanking, and pulled the boss to the sword, yet we were still wiping. I mean... I just don't know how I could possibly carry people who aren't even capable of killing mobs.

This happens to me a lot too. Always that second boss when I go on a support class.
  • VorlonVorlon ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Nopzeerah wrote: »
    The event itself is good, but be available only soloq is a [filtered], having to carry 1 rookie okay. now having to carry 2-3 people who are either rookie or do not damage. A single run that usually takes 15 to 20 minutes Takes 1 hour, is not worth it. I dont receive award x2/x3 to carry 2/3 ppl.

That would be a good idea.

What's you character that you play on Voidy? The other ch posters are pretty obvious who they play on CH and I see them running around from time to time or posting in trade/general chat. I'm just curious.

Anyone know where you can find a list of the instances affected by the event and their respective rewards?
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vorlon wrote: »
    Nopzeerah wrote: »

That would be a good idea.

What's you character that you play on Voidy? The other ch posters are pretty obvious who they play on CH and I see them running around from time to time or posting in trade/general chat. I'm just curious.

I main lancer, but occasionally play an archer or my priest. Since I'd rather not have people PMing me in game about every random post I make that they disagree with, I'll just leave it at that.
  • Just got out of a very heal intensive VSNM queue just to find it doesnt work unless everyone queued solo -- awesome.
    Read the post earlier before the update was posted, sooo...
    Safe to say this will be another event I'll be skipping since it seemed better at first than it really was. I love trap queues but let me take a friend or two along with me plox.I get that the program they're using doesnt allow for that but damn. I was HYPED for this event since I love queueing stuff in this game but ugh. Just disappointed now, rip.
  • AmmutsebaAmmutseba ✭✭✭
    Holy crap. I thought this event was an excellent idea. However, after reading the comments, you'd figure that EME committed a war crime.

The way I took the intent of the event was to encourage players who are a little intimidated by the higher level dungeons to give them a shot (without fear of being chastised or booted from a group). Since experienced players get a little extra, it rewards them for spending a bit of extra time in a dungeon to help new players.

Don't get me wrong, I've ran with some pretty bad players. I just try and help where I can.
  • Vorlon wrote: »
    Anyone know where you can find a list of the instances affected by the event and their respective rewards?
    It's outlined here:
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/take-unskilled-players-under-your-wing
  • GrimoirGrimoir ✭✭✭
    I think you all overreact a bit. I queued with my alts who dont have van runs and so far every party i got went perfectly. Not a single wipe.

If u dont like this event fine dont participate. While i agree queuing vsh is a no no but normal mode goes fine especially if u wxplain how the boss works.
  • czczczczczcz ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

IM is full of DPS players who do not understand even the basics of facing and crystal effects (as evidenced by the abundance of those carrying 4x pounding), who will continuously derp into bosses from the front or the side. Godbinder makes this worse by being vulnerable to player attacks, so if mobs don't die before reaching the sword, you'll end up hurting the sword while killing mobs. It's great.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ammutseba wrote: »
    Holy crap. I thought this event was an excellent idea. However, after reading the comments, you'd figure that EME committed a war crime.

The way I took the intent of the event was to encourage players who are a little intimidated by the higher level dungeons to give them a shot (without fear of being chastised or booted from a group). Since experienced players get a little extra, it rewards them for spending a bit of extra time in a dungeon to help new players.

Don't get me wrong, I've ran with some pretty bad players. I just try and help where I can.

I think most people are upset about the "queue alone" aspect. For example, the last VS I did would have been a disaster if this zerk in deathwrack hadn't queued in as well, since the two of us basically carried the DPS side of things. And I'm not even a DPS class, I'm a tank. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, it's wipe city. :shrug:

I'll admit it's good money though. Made like 6k off a VSNM that I solo queued today. Didn't really enjoy it though, since the group was dead silent the whole time and the new person didn't speak English so he just died over and over again.