New Player Council Members

Did you know there's a Player Council discord that anyone can join? Come hang out here.

New members have been selected to join the Player Council. Here’s a list of all members as of this post. The new ones have green circles next to their name:

Babit
Catatonic
Chriseh
Counterpoint
Idi0ticGenius
iLucky
Jerzy
Kamizuma
Magraal
Niijiro
Reivn
Honor
StarSprite
Tewii
Torva
Vysse
Yamazuki

If you’re planning an event and you’re looking to spice things up with cool prizes (or even GM help on En Masse’s part) they can help organize that. Likewise if you have any specific TERA feedback or game suggestions that you’d like to draw attention to, a Player Council member can help champion your idea and make sure EME is aware. They're also just useful contacts for whenever you have a question about the game.

Here’s a reminder about what the Player Council is and isn’t around for. I hope this helps answer some questions and misconceptions I see spring up regarding the council. I also hope it takes some pressure off council members for things that are totally EME’s domain and not something volunteers are responsible for.
  • Player Council members are 100% volunteer. They’re chosen to be on the council because they’re highly engaged, knowledgeable players interested in improving the TERA community.
  • They’re not forum punching bags or scapegoats, and actively or passively harassing someone just because they’re on the council and don’t share your opinion won’t be tolerated.
  • Council members are here to shine a spotlight in positive player activity and cool events. That means responding to, encouraging, and raising awareness around excellent player feedback, suggestions, events, cosplay, artwork and other cool things players do around the community.
  • Council members are NOT forum moderators, EME staff, or TERA police. They’re not under NDA and they aren’t here to keep EME secrets.
  • While council members are selected to join based on their constructive attitude, they’re not expected to change their opinion just because they’re on the council. We want them to be themselves.
  • Sometimes En Masse asks Player Council members for specific feedback or ideas on an existing aspect of TERA or an upcoming event. In those cases, council member opinions (and any opinions/feedback they’ve gathered from their personal communities) are considered but not always acted on depending on the situation. In general, EME staff will never discuss with a council member something that they would not discuss with any engaged and active player.
  • The Player Council keeps a private Slack chat and forum to help communicate with EME. Typically we discuss things that people haven’t already posted in the TERA forums (in which case we’re already aware and will try to respond in those threads.) We like getting council members from all servers, guild types, and play styles because it helps maintain a variety of voices and opinions to consider which may or may not be represented in the forums.

With all of that out of the way, let me also point out that Player Council members will no longer have little blue icons on their forum avatars. Instead, keep an eye on this post in News & Announcements to see who is on the council at any given time.

It took a while to get this batch of new members selected and invited, and because of that we'll likely be opening up applications again in the near future, so keep an eye out if you're interested in joining.

Comments

• NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, new council members! I wish the best of luck for all of you on your journey and hope for good things to come out of this experience... never forget that you are unique, and as players, we need this to make sure that all sides of a story is heard. I hope you all have fun out there!
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭
    Congratulations all, I wish you the best of luck.
  • Grats !!!!!!
  • GhibliiGhiblii ✭✭
    Wonders why @NPCPak isn't one of them :triumph: but congrats none the less :+1:
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19
    Let the game begins.

Lesbian Vi VS The council :naughty:

Good luck everyone, nice choices, also Babbit left CH, but came back I think, if he didn't, he needs to be removed from Council :angry:

But in general having CH nuts in council is very good and healthy and constructive.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭
    I hope they're as useful as the old council members!
  • if dont like the council members ... uninstall tera .
  • Anyone of these player are from south america or europe?
  • BabitBabit ✭✭
    I have 3 alts on CH i just lay low on them :3
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭
    @Idi0ticGenius hahahaha
  • BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    Babit wrote: »
    I have 3 alts on CH i just lay low on them :3

@Babit im on CH to no wonder people keep asking me if im you, our names are close (all my toons start with Babbel) XD
  • BabitBabit ✭✭
    Lmao. I actually had someone asking me the same thing about you. Maybe we should swap and confuse people even more.
  • BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    Really? omg hahaha! we totaly sould X3
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭
    i hope all these players have T10 tera rewards rank. or i lose faith in reality
  • kubitoid wrote: »
    i hope all these players have T10 tera rewards rank. or i lose faith in reality

**checks the application**

It wasn't a requirement, no :p